Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #16
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Awsome!
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #17
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

The VERY melancholic proggie version:

Oops. Yep - Anathema.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #18
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

"Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin

Old 08-25-2008, 03:27 AM   #19
country flag Pfloyd

"Baba O' Reilly" by the Who

Old 08-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #20
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
"Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin

That's FANTASTIC!!!

Anathema

Old 08-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #21
country flag Pfloyd

You'll see, as long as this thread is NOT deleted, it will live!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #22
Anathemaniac

A Band 'Nobody' Knows About, But Just friggin' INCREDIBLE:

Anekdoten.
Somewhere between King Crimson and... well just anyone else. Not to mention the Most Beautiful Woman in progrock EVAH, aka Ms. Anna Sofia Dahlberg on the keys & cello!!!

Anathema

Old 08-25-2008, 03:42 AM   #23
country flag Pfloyd

Roger Waters' "Dogs" from Pink Floyd underrated "Animals" album.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #24
Anathemaniac

Van Der Graaf Generator's "Killer"

Anathema

Old 08-25-2008, 03:49 AM   #25
country flag Pfloyd

Maybe you should change the title to Stupid Dreams Rock Thread?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 AM   #26
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Maybe you should change the title to Stupid Dreams Rock Thread?
No way, man. Prog = Rock. If people don't get that... eh...
I'll just wait and see if we're the only two around or not.

Here's another one from the Antiques Roadshow:

"If the Summer changes to Winter, Yours Is No Disgrace!"

Off now, back tomorrow. I like this...

Anathema

Old 08-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #27
country flag Pfloyd

Good stuff
Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 AM   #28
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome thread

Love 70's prog. Cool clip of Burden also. Watershed ranks right up there with the best Opeth albums imo. But coming from more of a heavy metal background i will contribute with a bad some might enjoy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9q5zmAaKo

There a Japanese band named Sigh. Originally they were a thrash/black metal band in the early 90's and have since returned to that style recently but not before releasing the classic Imaginary Sonicscape record. It has a bit of everything on it. I highly recommend it to fans of the more extreme side of prog rock/metal.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:43 AM   #29
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Beatles "Golden Slubmers, Carry that Weight and The End":

This is not 100% prog rock but it has some simialarities, will wait for your approval mam'.
From one of the finest beatles albums- the way certain songs go into each other is great work- a lot of people call it Mccartney's album- his songwritting was fantastic back then-shame he hasent done anything decent for over 20 years

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 AM   #30
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
From one of the finest beatles albums- the way certain songs go into each other is great work- a lot of people call it Mccartney's album- his songwritting was fantastic back then-shame he hasent done anything decent for over 20 years
True. I guess the inner competition with John Lennon brought out the best in him. But same is the case for most major groups that break up. A lot of talented solists just don't live up to huge expectations.