Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 154 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #2296
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

THIS. PURE SYMPHONIC NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL!!!!

Mrs. Sara Jezebel Deva

The Kovenant Nexus Polaris

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #2297
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

*bumped this/my thread for a very personal and rather *happy* reason*

Remember me lover, indeed. I'm sure 'you' do NOW.
Can't help it, it wasn't my choice at all.

Don't EVER interfer with, or rather, underrate, a laywer.

The song is so heartbreakingly SPOT-ON... and sad at the same time.
MR. SW, you fucking GENIOUS.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-25-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #2298
Anathemaniac

*BUMP!*

I've been out of the 'scene' for a while, but after having dealt with some personal troubles, time for ... a bump indeed.
I'll be back, at least I will try so.

AYE, INTERGALACTIC SPACE CRUSADERS!!!

For anyone who ever watched this original classic BBC sci-fi 1970-1980's series, you cannot do anything else but and over Ayreon's and comrades' truly lovely interpretation.

Russel Allen & Damian Wilson, damn, great job buddies!

Anathema

Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #2299
Anathemaniac

Went to see/hear the immaculate Mr. Peter Hammill perform a live solo gig tonight at Tivoli De Helling in my home town this evening.

Fantastic!!!! Damn that old bugger, he´s still got it....

Anathema

Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #2300
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP.

The Sage-ELP. From the awesome live album, Pictures At An Exhibition

Supper's Ready-Genesis (live version) I think this is is the best prog-epic. Simply outstanding.

This is Iron Maiden making a cover of Jethro Tull's "Crossed Eyed Mary". Great version. Bruce's voice fits beautifully.

Floyd's "Echoes" from the Live At Pompeii. My favorite concert ever.

Opening Move-Gryphon. This band is not very well-known unofrtunately, but they're very good.

BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #2301
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Back on this thread after a sort of 2 year absence.

For Bauer mentioned the song I named my nick after lol and because lately I discovered a great French folk singer who also explored Prog rock as well, inspired by PF and the Beatles. And the name is ... Gérard Manset.

A very special character too, never appeared on the media. Neither in concert but a genius.

His great symphonic rock is La mort d'Orion.

Manset is most famous for his folk ballads, though. Il voyage en solitaire is his most famous hit.

Oh and I think I did mention a Gryphon hit on this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=849
Love that Prog Folk music.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #2302
Anathemaniac

hi dear folks, thanks for all your lovely contributions - much appreciated!

I've been out of the loop for quite a while, due to some rather heavy RL-stuff happening right now. You know, it... happens.

Of course I visited Anathema's fantastic concert at Tilburg's 013, November 4th, 2012. How could I not.

The lovely Mrs. Caroline Traitler was there to make some wonderful pictures, and guess what, in one of them she shot *me*, too -

Right down right, there I am, right in front of Mr. Danny Cavanagh - the Genious Composer of Anathema's beauty.

The official vid:

The thundering version at Tilburg's 013, November 4, 2012 - yep, the sound is distorted, unfortunately. But still. Magnificent.

A better live version recorded in Italy, during that same tour:

"It's getting colder, COLDER, until I can't think of anything at all!"

Oh my.

Thanks folks, and please, keep on contributing. Even if you happen to be Raferminator's true identity.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-30-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #2303
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping Karin's thread again.

I've just found back another great French Prog rock band which hardly had any success at all, with the name Présence !!

Présence was a short-lived band from 1969 to 1973. Its first lead singer was a Erick Saint-Laurent. But in 1971, after their single was a commercial failure, Saint-Laurent left the band and was replaced by a singer aged 19 who would go on to make a very successful career as a solo artist, Mr Daniel Balavoine.

Balavoine came from Biarritz, in the Basque Country but started his career in Pau. He reached local fame and tried to move up to Paris. That was a failure and moved back to Pau when he was contacted by the band Présence.

Balavoine co-wrote Le jour s'est levé . But he left the band when they signed with Warner. In 1977 Balavoine released a concept-album Les Aventures de Simon et Gunther... and in 1979, took part in Michel Berger's opera-rock Starmania (all very much prog related.

The eighties were tremendously successful for him up until the fatal accident during the 1986 Paris-Dakar rally. He had competed the rally twice in 1983 and 1985 and in 1986 he was there for a charity that would place waterpumps in African villages.

January 14th 1986, there was heavy sand storm in Mali, all day long. In the evening Balavoine and Thierry Sabine, organizer of the rally, would have to give the start of the Mali Football Cup Final and then get back to the rally. Their helicopter was not equipped for night flight. So when the visibility was reduced to zero, the pilot landed in the heart of the desert. But they could see some racers who were still competing. Sabine stopped one of them and asked for a rescue.

They would have stay there and wait for the rescue team to come up. But for a reason that is still unexplainable and defies all logic, the heli took off again. They crashed 8km further. 5 people were in it, none survived. It almost 27 years now.

I can't refrain from giving you, my favourite Balavoine song. It's not prog, I know, but since he did perform prog songs, and it's a beautiful song: L'Aziza !

Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #2304
Anathemaniac

*BUMP*

Okay, I've been very busy lately and as such not all too active over here but ehm Mr. S.W.'s latest attempt () really asks for a major bump here - as it's a genuine Masterpiece.

The Raven Who Refused to Sing (and other stories)

Somewhere, some time ago (halfway the 1990's, as far as I remember), a very good friend of mine invited me to visit a concert of "some vague English bloke" in the nearby club in my hometown, claiming that said bloke was "rather talented" and that "I'd might like him"...

Now that turned out to be a major understatement.
Did I like him? Oh yes I did, and I visited every concert of his thereafter in an area of about 300 kms from my home, including his appearances at a whatever a vague festival, with his Porcupine Tree, and his solo appearances none the less.

Not that I didn't have any critique at his outputs, oh yes I did. I thought he lost it at Porcupine Tree's The Incident, which was much too fragmentary for my comfort. His first solo album suffered from the same problem - geniuous at times (Harmony Korine!), *bs* at quite a lot of other attempts. Same story with his 2nd attempt Grace for Drowning, from which only
Deform to Form a Star
was truly convincing - for me, that is.

The Raven etc. makes up for it all.
It's a genuine masterpiece, maybe a 10/10 - well at least it's bloody close.

What a beauty!!!
A lovely combination of King Crimson / Genesis / Rush - influences, true classic progrock - yep the mellotron sequences were derived from that same old MK2 Mellotron as was used on KC's The Court of the Crimson King - and it shows.

Monday March 11th, the Milky Way, Amsterdam.
I'll be there to allow myself to succumb to the BEAUTY.

oh man.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 03-03-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #2305
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

God how I love this song.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #2306
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been in this thread before, but when I saw your name Johnny I decided to come in and check it out. I listened to the song you posted because I had never heard it before. I think it would take me a while to get into this type of music since I'm not familiar with it at all. But since I love music I could probably do it after more listening to it

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #2307
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Colour Haze has a big fanbase, even I don't consider myself a fan. But I think they have really good songs and I know I've enjoyed some of them.
Music is like life, it has so many colors and points of view. At least that's how I see it.
With this particular genre... There are some times when I just need to relax and hear the instruments flowing, enjoy every part of the song, the talent of people playing.
It's good for relaxing, even if the music isn't exactly smoothy.

As sometimes I just need to express my feelings and listen to some music who expresses them the most correct way I can tell, when I posted that song, I was giving my ears some food

As you love music, Mae, i'm pretty sure you have your different ways to hear it too
Well, that was me sharing some of my ways...
Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #2308
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm more into pop and rock because I listen to it when I use my Glider to exercise. So I need something with a lively beat to it to keep me going in my exercising This is the type of music just to be listened to and I should do just that more often, but I don't I was getting into listening (and only listening) to electronic music here on the Forum, but that seems to have kind of gone away now. And I can't play or sing any music at all so I'm sure that makes a big difference between the two of us when it comes to music!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #2309
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

This is music that really requires you to just listen to it IMHO. I can't do anything else or be thinking of anything else I just have to really listen to the music.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #2310
country flag viruzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
This is music that really requires you to just listen to it IMHO. I can't do anything else or be thinking of anything else I just have to really listen to the music.
Wooooooooooooooooooooow. This is amazing stuff.
Never heard of them (I think it's logical, I googled them and I didn't find so many things.
But this is indeed really, really good.

Where is Karin to tell us more about this band?

Hearing another one of their songs "Requiem of the sea". It seems these guys know what they're doing really well.