Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 152 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #2266
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Oh and just a slight hint towards those that think that there's no more 'proper' classical progrock being made nowadays.

Just check out Hypnos 69

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2267
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hypnos 69 live at DUNAjam in Sardinia, Italy.
Man that location alone...!
Motorpsycho was there too... awwww.

Contemporary Hippie Power!

Anyone with a car would like to give me a lift?

Anathema

Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #2268
Anathemaniac

From the Realm of Prog-Related Black Metal Bands who noone seems to remember anymore -
Part #1 - Finnish The Yearning, Eyes of the Black Flame

Oh man. That use of the clarinets... those voices...
What's become of them???

Anathema

Old 04-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #2269
Anathemaniac

Part #2 Dutch The Orphanage - Victim of Fear

Awww, Mr. Sjors Oosthoek & Ms. Rosan Van der Aa - aka Mrs. AAARRRCHHH!!!

Where are you now, you two???

Anathema

Old 04-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #2270
Anathemaniac

Part #3, Swedish Anekdoten

From Within -

Immaculate, this is.

Just have a look at that lovely lady mellotron-keyboard player.
That's the gorgeous Ms. Anna Sofi Dahlberg, perhaps the most beautiful Prog Rock Musican Lady ever in history!

Everyone loves her. From Witihin, indeed.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 04-22-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #2271
Anathemaniac

#4 / my lovely Frisian friends Flamborough Head

`Some have Bad Luck / just don´t let them fall...´

Anathema

Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #2272
Anathemaniac

The loveliest of loveliest in a rather dark depressive sense of the word....

Who else than the immaculate, lovely, Master TOP NERD progrock musician Mr. S.W.
´It´s only a number, it´s only a DEATH.´

Anathema

Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #2273
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Wazzuuuuuuuuuuuup Bonnie?
Let me ask you, do you own that SEXY BASS? I play bass and I want to kiss my computer looking at that piece of fine art.

Regarding the thread. I was listening to Crimson all day long, and this is one of my favorites songs by them. Oh god... I really like King Crimson.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #2274
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Wazzuuuuuuuuuuuup Bonnie?
Let me ask you, do you own that SEXY BASS? I play bass and I want to kiss my computer looking at that piece of fine art.

Yes I own a Rickenbacker 4001.
Not the black version though, mine is a Red Fireburn from the 1960's.
It's one of my most cherished possessions, even though I don't play myself anymore ever since I encountered a rather nasty RSI-injury a couple of years ago.
I do lend it out to befriended musicians a lot. The thing is too much of a beauty to not be played anymore.
Should you ever come over to The Netherlands, do call me and give it a try!

Quote:
Regarding the thread. I was listening to Crimson all day long, and this is one of my favorites songs by them. Oh god... I really like King Crimson.

KC is one of the early masters of the genre.
I am very happy with Steven Wilson's remixes of their old albums, and Robert Fripp seems to like them a lot too. They're good friends now, Fripp was the support act to PT's Fear of A Blank Planet-tour.

Anathema

Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2275
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey people it's been awile.

Anathema have done it again. The new album is amazing!!!!

Hows things Karin? Nice to see this thread still kicking on

Last edited by opeth84 : 05-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #2276
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Hey people it's been awile.

Anathema have done it again. The new album is amazing!!!!

Hows things Karin? Nice to see this thread still kicking on
Opeth!

Yep, Anathema have indeed "done it again" . The new album is a genuine beauty and rightfully gets all raving reviews everywhere.

And as good as it is, the material is even better LIVE.
I know as I've been to their concert in Amsterdam just a couple of days ago and I just cannot find the words to describe it. A fantastic concert by a very happy band who now fully realize that they've now finally made it 'BIG!' after some 20 years of struggling. I mean, being the headliner in a packed-to-the-rafters Paradiso in Amsterdam, that's about like the holy grass of Centre Court Wimbledon for tennis players, eh?
So good to see them get the response they so much deserve.

Daniel had some special treat for the die-hard fans - he put 20 of us on the guestlist and ordered us to come to Paradiso early and we were let in there by the great man himself. Quite a few nice words from him and Vinnie for us from the stage as well, thanking us for all our support during that long period of time.
Well Danny, as long as you keep on making that fantastic music, you're not getting away from us, .

And tomorrow I'll be going to watch Steven Wilson and his band in Tilburg. jverweij is coming along too, so there will be a slight MTF-proggers meeting over there.

It's good times for the proggers right now. New albums from Anathema, Arjen Lucassen, and the project of SW with Mikael Akerfelt (Storm Corrosion) coming up. The gentlemen sure know how to keep us listeners busy - and happy.

Anathema

Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #2277
Anathemaniac

I've been busy lately. TOO busy to actually appreciate all of the lovely bands I've been allowed to witness as of late -

In just three days of time I was there to witness the BOTH of LOVELIES of LOVELIES perform live. Please excuse me that I haven't find words yet to express my appreciation.

Well this comes close:

I was there. I was THERE. Godalmghtiyfuckaduckalmighty

Anathema

Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #2278
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome performance. Please notice Irmin Schmidt's Silver Surfer jacket

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #2279
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

hello fellow proggers! Hows life? Just thought I'd recommend some albums from 2012!

First of all : Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion
Weird album, but I like it. Don't really know what to compare it to. It has some Wilsonesque stuff, some Opeth-like stuff and some completely new stuff. Really really like Drag Ropes, that song is a grower! Check it out.

Astra - the Black Chord
King Crimson meats Genesis meats Yes, and it does not sound cheesy or like a rip-off! Just check it out

Anathema - Weather Systems
no explanation needed here i think

Sylvan - Sceneries
Haven't listened to it fully yet, but what I've heard so far was pretty good. Less of their heavy stuff and more of their melodic stuff. It is quite a pill to swallow though (90 minutes). If you liked their Magnum opus (posthumous silence) then check this out.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #2280
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

there you go!
Awesome band, awesome album!

Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote