Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 143 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #2131
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Hey all, anyone heard the new RHCP song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBbinpK5XI

Wow and I don't mean in a good way. If that's the best they can come up with after 5 years, then what the hell were they doing the whole time?? Damn I think the Chilis are past their sell-by date esp. in the current music scene. It's just one song but this sounds like all the soul that John brought to the band has been leeched out. So I'll prob not be standing in line when the album hits stores.

Great thread Bonnie
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #2132
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Hey all, anyone heard the new RHCP song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBbinpK5XI

Wow and I don't mean in a good way. If that's the best they can come up with after 5 years, then what the hell were they doing the whole time?? Damn I think the Chilis are past their sell-by date esp. in the current music scene. It's just one song but this sounds like all the soul that John brought to the band has been leeched out. So I'll prob not be standing in line when the album hits stores.
John Frusciante!
The Heart and Soul of RHCP. Without him. they were just one of those succesfull bands that made it big - by accident and PR.
With him - they were fantantastic.

Quote:
Great thread Bonnie
Thanks mate!

My contribution for tonight, a US band that has been BASHED all along among ProgHeads for over 30 years by now, but in fact... not so bad.
One of my teenage loves. And oh hell, that´s a LONG time ago...

"I know I'm a fool, but what can I say? Whatever the price, I'll pay... for you, Madame Blue...!"

Styx / Suite Madame Blue

And a rather good live version of that classic song:

The song being meant as a rather critical honour to America... quite painful to listen to it 30 years after it was created. Still / fantastic.

Styx was one of my fav bands 30 years ago.
Cannot believe how fast Time Flies, indeed...

Styx is a very underrated band indeed. Just listen to their fantastic albums Equinox, The Grand Illusion, and Pieces of Eight.
The majority of the rest of their stuff is indeed GARBAGE... LOL.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-28-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #2133
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man. You don't want to know how much this band got BASHED back in the 1980's - while their music was in fact BRILLIANT!

STYX

"Beware of the Queen of Spades.."

People say that Dream Theater was the true rivival of ProgRock back in the 1980' and 1990's. Those who claim so, have sorrily missed out on Styx.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-28-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #2134
Anathemaniac

Well the best of the lovelines that used to be 1970's Styx - this one:

"Why must you be such an angry young man, when your future looks quite bright to me...?"

Fooling Yourself

This was as close as Styx would ever come to classic Genesis.
Beautiful. Composer, guitarist, & singer - the lovely Mr. Tommy Shaw.

Ah, those Mini-moog solo's on that song....

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-28-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #2135
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan of Styx too
My favorite record is obviously "Kilroy was here". I'm still amazed about how the rest of the group allowed Dennis DeYoung to produce this delirium.

Classic!
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 AM   #2136
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I'm a fan of Styx too
My favorite record is obviously "Kilroy was here". I'm still amazed about how the rest of the group allowed Dennis DeYoung to produce this delirium.
- Dennis De Young allowed the band to produce a LOT of 'deliriums'.
Check out Paradise Theatre for instance - though it does have its moments, whenever he's NOT involved, haha.

Okay, a current - upcoming, that is - masterpiece:

Damn, I am so much looking forward for Steven-The-Magician's next effort!!!

Steven in ultimate King Crimson-meets-Weather Report-meets-Zappa form.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-01-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #2137
Anathemaniac

From Opeth's latest. Not too shabby.
At least GENUINE progrock, no cookie monster vocals anymore. (not that I minded those all to much eh )

Anathema

Old 09-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #2138
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
From Opeth's latest. Not too shabby.
At least GENUINE progrock, no cookie monster vocals anymore. (not that I minded those all to much eh )
Ohhh yes!
love Opeth, really love it.
I didn't listen the last album yet, but i'm looking forward to do it.

Well... I don't know if this was posted before, but I really love this band and that "progressive melodic metal" style.
This is my contribution to this glorious thread.

Keep it on
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #2139
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Ohhh yes!
love Opeth, really love it.
I didn't listen the last album yet, but i'm looking forward to do it.

Well... I don't know if this was posted before, but I really love this band and that "progressive melodic metal" style.
This is my contribution to this glorious thread.
Keep it on
Thanks a lot, Johnny! Where are "Darkwater" from, never heard of them before, but they resemble Dream Theater a lot.
I'm not much of a fan of theirs, but still... always good to hear from new bands joining in with Prog.
I know the ProgRock scene is HUGE in South America nowadays.
An that's just fantastic.

My humble contribution for this night, a true all-time classic:

YES. The Original line up. With one of the best compositions they've ever made.

Anathema

Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #2140
Anathemaniac

And, well... OPETH. Can't express how much I love this band.

One of their loveliest...

"In My Time Of Need".

Anathema

Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #2141
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Johnny! Where are "Darkwater" from, never heard of them before, but they resemble Dream Theater a lot.
I'm not much of a fan of theirs, but still... always good to hear from new bands joining in with Prog.
I know the ProgRock scene is HUGE in South America nowadays.
An that's just fantastic.
They're from Sweden. I discovered them in 2007. I'm in love with that band.
And yes... They resemble Dream Theater. I think they're more melodic than DT.

South america has a big ProgRock movement, but I think it could be better
I mean... Here in Argentina, the people loves the genre, and that's pretty cool. But there aren't so BIG bands as the genre deserves.

I play the bass guitar, and I'd love to play in a Progressive band. I'd probably found a new band next year with progressive influences.
To get away from the metal scene for a while

Oh!
Also this:

Discovered this band a month ago. Love it.
(If this was posted before, forgive me )
Old 09-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #2142
Anathemaniac

^^ OMG, Johnny!!! VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR!!!
And you just posted one of their best songs ever.

Fantastic band, one of my all-time favourites, I've seen them play live three times in the past two years!!! And yes, they are still immaculate!!!

I've posted plenty of reviews on their concerts on my blog, the latest of those being over here: http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/363091.html .
And another one: http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/2008/04/06/, from a couple of years before.

Fantastic, legendary band, and it's so wonderful to see these great 60+-guys still playing live on the club circuit. ALL BOW DOWN TO Peter Hammill and comrades!!!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-04-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #2143
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"In My Time Of Need".
Perfect. Just what I needed, actually.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #2144
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #2145
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by MatchFederer : 09-07-2011 at 02:38 PM.
MatchFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote