Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 133 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #1981
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Last hurrah of Robert Wyatt with Soft Machine. Excellent song

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #1982
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ didn't Robert Wyatt fall out of a window some 30 years ago, breaking his back... oh...

He made a fantastic album ever thereafter, named RockBottom

I'm counting the days, hours, etc., to be able to witness THIS again:

Oh my dear, oh my dear, oh my dear...

"We're Refugees... nothing to do or say, now, we are... alone!"

FANTASTIC. What a lovely song.

In my own house... just a few days from now.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 03-26-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #1983
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Review from Van Der Graaf Generator's concert at Utrecht's Tivoli, March 30th,
over here.

Sheet man, that was just fantastic.

Except for one minor thing: they left the lovely 'Refugees' in the tourbus.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 04-03-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #1984
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Going to see UK tonight...classic prog supergroup which has reformed!
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #1985
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
WOW, man!!!
With all of them - Bruford/Bozzio, Holsworth, Wetton & Jobson???

Ah, no, that's just impossible, I know.

Just checked their website, at least Eddie Jobson and John Wetton (WOW, that voice ) are there.

I've got all three of their original albums (on LP, yeah ), UK, Danger Money, and Night After Night. Fantastic stuff indeed.

Eddie Jobson with his transparant electric violin
(of course, all of this is crappy playback, but hell, who cares...)

Hey, do tell us about the concert, and of course - have fun!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 04-08-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #1986

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
WOW, man!!!
With all of them - Bruford/Bozzio, Holsworth, Wetton & Jobson???

Ah, no, that's just impossible, I know.

Just checked their website, at least Eddie Jobson and John Wetton (WOW, that voice ) are there.

I've got all three of their original albums (on LP, yeah ), UK, Danger Money, and Night After Night. Fantastic stuff indeed.

Eddie Jobson with his transparant electric violin
(of course, all of this is crappy playback, but hell, who cares...)

Hey, do tell us about the concert, and of course - have fun!

I will let you know how it goes for sure

I wish Bruford and Holdsworth were there as I am a big follower of their music (especially Allan's) but the other new members are very good instrumentalists and it should be a great show!

Cheers
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #1987
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I will let you know how it goes for sure

I wish Bruford and Holdsworth were there as I am a big follower of their music (especially Allan's) but the other new members are very good instrumentalists and it should be a great show!

Cheers
I'm looking forward to your report!
Yeah, sure all of them are great musicians. One just HAS to be, to even be allowed to touch the beauty of the classic UK-stuff.

Anathema

Old 04-09-2011, 03:48 AM   #1988

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your report!
Yeah, sure all of them are great musicians. One just HAS to be, to even be allowed to touch the beauty of the classic UK-stuff.
You are right about that; tough pieces to play for sure

The show was fantastic...quite long with songs from all the UK albums (opening with the classic In the Dead of the Night) plus some great King Crimson tunes sung by John Wetton as well as one solo section from a classic Bruford album (One of a Kind).

Marco Minneman on drums and Alex Machacek on guitar did a great job given the complexity of the music and it was the first show of their reunion.

I hope they play together more often and you get a chance to see them
Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #1989
Anathemaniac

Quote:
You are right about that; tough pieces to play for sure

The show was fantastic...quite long with songs from all the UK albums (opening with the classic In the Dead of the Night) plus some great King Crimson tunes sung by John Wetton as well as one solo section from a classic Bruford album (One of a Kind).

Marco Minneman on drums and Alex Machacek on guitar did a great job given the complexity of the music and it was the first show of their reunion.

I hope they play together more often and you get a chance to see them
- hey, awesome! Cool that they played some stuff of One of A Kind, too. It's a pity Bruford himself went into retirement last year (but who can blame him?), but at least his music still continues to be played, even the more obscure stuff.
How was John's voice btw? I've always regarded his voice as one of the most beautiful of all. He ain't too shabby on the bass either.

Yeah, UK will most probably come over here to play as well. They'd be foolish not to do so, quite a massive fanbase over here. Be sure I'll be there when they do.

Quite funny, if they come around over here, they'd be the third 'classic' proggers I'd see this year, after VDGG, Rush in May... Good to see these old geezers still pulling the crowds.

Anathema

Old 04-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #1990
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You lucky motherfucker.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #1991
Anathemaniac

BTW, this is an awesome blog to keep you perfectly informed on 'what's happening in prog': http://www.dprp.net/wp/.

I just read that the neverending Yes-Personel Saga has yet another new chapter: Oliver Wakeman is being replaced by... Geoff Downes!
Something obviously being not quite right over there - again.

Anathema

Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #1992
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Epic live version of one of their finest songs, how accomplished they were
David Cross

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #1993

Quote:
- hey, awesome! Cool that they played some stuff of One of A Kind, too. It's a pity Bruford himself went into retirement last year (but who can blame him?), but at least his music still continues to be played, even the more obscure stuff.
How was John's voice btw? I've always regarded his voice as one of the most beautiful of all. He ain't too shabby on the bass either.

Yeah, UK will most probably come over here to play as well. They'd be foolish not to do so, quite a massive fanbase over here. Be sure I'll be there when they do.

Quite funny, if they come around over here, they'd be the third 'classic' proggers I'd see this year, after VDGG, Rush in May... Good to see these old geezers still pulling the crowds.

I would imagine UK would do some shows near you but as I recall, there were quite a few people in the audience who traveled from places like Qatar, Japan, and Sweden among other places so I don't know if they will be doing many more dates.

Rush played here recently too by the way and yes I know what you mean about the geezers and crowds

I think you like Porcupine Tree right? Blackfield will be here soon along with a few other prog shows.

By the way, there is a recording of last night's show online if anyone wants it, I can provide info on how to grab it

Very nice to see a prog thread here on MTF by the way, my compliments for the thread!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
You lucky motherfucker.
Don't I know it...I had passes too which was nice as I was seated first row and went backstage
Old 04-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #1995
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I would imagine UK would do some shows near you but as I recall, there were quite a few people in the audience who traveled from places like Qatar, Japan, and Sweden among other places so I don't know if they will be doing many more dates.
Ah, we can only *hope* they will.
I know the crowds come from all over the world nowadays, a few years ago we had the annual 'Symforce'-festival over here and there were folks from the US, Brazil, & Venezuela around. Prog LIVES!

Quote:
I think you like Porcupine Tree right? Blackfield will be here soon along with a few other prog shows.
Haha, yeah, PT is one of my all-time favourite bands, I've been to nearly all their shows here in The Netherlands, as early as 1996 - when Steven and his bandmates were still performing in tiny clubs for about 50 people. The last time I saw them, with The Incident-tour, there were... some 6000.
Nearly all of the usernames I have had over here are PT songtitles, including my current one. Yep, I'm a fan.

And Blackfield? - I will be seeing them tomorrow evening in Amsterdam's Paradiso!
Also sold-out btw. Steven Wilson is a very happy camper nowadays.

Quote:
By the way, there is a recording of last night's show online if anyone wants it, I can provide info on how to grab it
Well, yes! I'd surely want to hear it! Pullleezzz?

Quote:
Very nice to see a prog thread here on MTF by the way, my compliments for the thread!
Thank you! Glad you enjoy it. It's my pleasure.

Quote:
Don't I know it...I had passes too which was nice as I was seated first row and went backstage
You truly are one Hell Of A Lucky Baztard indeed.

Anathema