Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 129 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:02 AM   #1921
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Sorry folks. More Peter Gabriel.

Games Without Frontiers

The original version. Those background vocals? One Mrs. Kate Bush.

"If Looks Could Kill, they'd probably will, in Games Without Frontiers...

- War Without Tears..."

A live version. Just listen to this fellow, he's has something to say -

- but whatever, I highly appreciate the studio recording.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-14-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #1922
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about great vids.
What about this beauty?

Yep, I'm Cloudbusting, as well, daddy.

Anathema

Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 AM   #1923
Anathemaniac

Hey dear folks, I feel sad to announce that I've been forced to leave this place. I don't appreciate offering my services, get rejected, and see others take advantage of that, as you might understand.

If you like to keep on following me, join http://progarchives.com or read my blog.

BYE! and thanks for the fine company - it was nice as long as it lasted, but unfortunately, apparently - it's lasted too long.
I've taken my 'home town' elsewhere lately.

to you fine folks!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-15-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #1924
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Hey dear folks, I feel sad to announce that I've been forced to leave this place. I don't appreciate offering my services, get rejected, and see others take advantage of that, as you might understand.

If you like to keep on following me, join http://progarchives.com or read my blog.

BYE! and thanks for the fine company - it was nice as long as it lasted, but unfortunately, apparently - it's lasted too long.
I've taken my 'home town' elsewhere lately.

to you fine folks!
Hey, what happened?
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #1925
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

This is too sad.

MTF has lost a good'un
Old 08-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #1926
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to see you go Karin but totally understand you being fed up with this place. This thread has been one of the few that i visit often as GM is a joke most of the time and is a way of checking scores of matches i don't see an thats it. Will see you on prog archives though im sure Keep in touch

opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #1927
country flag ktdude

ktdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame that Bonnie/Karin has left us... Just after I found this thread! It's one of the best on here I have to say, by far the best non-tennis related. Forum politics can be really unpleasant at times, I know.

I was enjoying the last Anathema video she posted too!

I went to Bloodstock Open Air festival this weekend and saw some amazing performances.

Meshuggah were amazing - face-melting brutality! I left feeling as though my mind had been altered in some way. I'm now some kind of dormant math-metal-triggered soldier I think!

Opeth played probably the best set I've ever seen them play. Their sound was absolutely perfect, Mikael enjoyed some banter with the crowd as always, and they did a cover of Rainbow's 'Catch the Rainbow' in tribute to Ronnie James Dio. It was really beautiful, and poignant.

Devin Townsend played on the Saturday and it was the highlight of the weekend. Sadly he had masses of technical issues which caused his set to be cut 15 minutes short, but he was onstage the whole time doing interpretive dance numbers and being absolutely hilarious on the mic, it was pure comedy. He played a good set of songs including Deadhead which is my favourite song by him, his voice is immense on it.

Gojira played on the Sunday - I haven't seen them mentioned in here before, they are something else live. Absolutely the tightest, heaviest thing you've ever heard but still beautiful and exciting - got to meet them at the signing tent afterwards which was a pleasure. For those of you that haven't heard them here is them doing one of their best songs live - not from Bloodstock but they play it the same way always. It's amazing. Check them out especially from around 4:00 onwards! Let's hope this embedding malarkey works -

EDIT: it didn't - here's a link instead!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QR8u...eature=related

Great weekend, also great performances by Korpiklaani, Amorphis, Cathedral, Bloodbath and Fear Factory. Right, off to write a full-length blog about it! Hope you're all okay today!

PAW: Current: 71/163 (21.02.11). Peak: 68/162 (07.02.11). Best: 3rd Beijing
TT Singles: Current: 176/324 (07.03.11). Peak: 176/324 (07.03.11). Best: SF Palermo, Asuncion, Dallas.
TT Doubles: Current: 156/301 (07.03.11). Peak: 156/301 (07.03.11). Best: W Asuncion (w/IgorBr) W Sheffield (w/jazar)
FITD: Current: 78/160 (28.02.11). Peak: 78/160 (28.02.11). Best: W Stockholm
Suicide Tennis: Current: 144/198 (29.11.10). Peak: 141/198 (08/11/10).
ktdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #1928
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdude View Post
What a shame that Bonnie/Karin has left us... Just after I found this thread! It's one of the best on here I have to say, by far the best non-tennis related. Forum politics can be really unpleasant at times, I know.

I was enjoying the last Anathema video she posted too!

I went to Bloodstock Open Air festival this weekend and saw some amazing performances.

Meshuggah were amazing - face-melting brutality! I left feeling as though my mind had been altered in some way. I'm now some kind of dormant math-metal-triggered soldier I think!

Opeth played probably the best set I've ever seen them play. Their sound was absolutely perfect, Mikael enjoyed some banter with the crowd as always, and they did a cover of Rainbow's 'Catch the Rainbow' in tribute to Ronnie James Dio. It was really beautiful, and poignant.

Devin Townsend played on the Saturday and it was the highlight of the weekend. Sadly he had masses of technical issues which caused his set to be cut 15 minutes short, but he was onstage the whole time doing interpretive dance numbers and being absolutely hilarious on the mic, it was pure comedy. He played a good set of songs including Deadhead which is my favourite song by him, his voice is immense on it.

Gojira played on the Sunday - I haven't seen them mentioned in here before, they are something else live. Absolutely the tightest, heaviest thing you've ever heard but still beautiful and exciting - got to meet them at the signing tent afterwards which was a pleasure. For those of you that haven't heard them here is them doing one of their best songs live - not from Bloodstock but they play it the same way always. It's amazing. Check them out especially from around 4:00 onwards! Let's hope this embedding malarkey works -

EDIT: it didn't - here's a link instead!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QR8u...eature=related

Great weekend, also great performances by Korpiklaani, Amorphis, Cathedral, Bloodbath and Fear Factory. Right, off to write a full-length blog about it! Hope you're all okay today!
Hey Karin has created a monster of a thread here so hopefully she at least comes back to check up on it every now and again.

Cheers for the review on the festival sounded like a killer show. Post a link of your blog if thats cool. Also a fan of Gojira! Those guys are tight. Have yet to see them live in the flesh and hoping to in the near future.

Sucks to hear the Dev had tech issues. I seen him earlier in the year. Had a few tech issues but was able to play through it all. Was the loudest gig ive ever been too. Was deaf for about a day and a half after but was well worth it. The man is a crack up. Before taking the stage he had " Ziltoid Radio" playing with some cringe worthy pop songs like Beyonce "Single Ladies" an Aqwa "Barbie Girl" Played a good selection of his back a catalogue. One of the best shows ive ever been too.

He promised to return in 2011 so will hold him to that.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #1929
country flag ktdude

ktdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond repute

Yay for Gojira. Those are some awesome dudes. And also YAY for the possibility of further Devin touring, I would LOVE to see him at a proper headline gig. I hope that, being a perfectionist, he'll want to come back here and make up for the technical issues! He is so funny.

PAW: Current: 71/163 (21.02.11). Peak: 68/162 (07.02.11). Best: 3rd Beijing
TT Singles: Current: 176/324 (07.03.11). Peak: 176/324 (07.03.11). Best: SF Palermo, Asuncion, Dallas.
TT Doubles: Current: 156/301 (07.03.11). Peak: 156/301 (07.03.11). Best: W Asuncion (w/IgorBr) W Sheffield (w/jazar)
FITD: Current: 78/160 (28.02.11). Peak: 78/160 (28.02.11). Best: W Stockholm
Suicide Tennis: Current: 144/198 (29.11.10). Peak: 141/198 (08/11/10).
ktdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #1930
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #1931
Anathemaniac

A Silent bump. a very very silent one.

I gather noone will notice anyways, but I'd like to inform you fellow Prog Dork-folks, that the lovely Van Der Graaf Generator will be playing my own hometown come March 30th this year.

See you there!

And now, OFF again. Bye dears.

Anathema

Old 01-08-2011, 04:20 AM   #1932
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

welcome back.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #1933
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
welcome back.
Thanks CD. Even if you think I'm a 'Federiiiiiisssssiiiiiaaaaannnnn', LOL.
Been to heaven lately.

Anathema

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #1934
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

:big wave: long time no see, Karin, welcome back

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #1935
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Damned, too silent and brief a come-back for me.

I would like to bump this thread because I've been thinking for a while about Ennio Morricone being possibly a prog rock musician on several of his tunes. Thought I was crazy until I found this:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/fo...nnio-morricone

What do you think?
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote