Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 126 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #1876
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
I just got my tickets secured for their NL-Zoetermeer "De Boerderij"-gig, upcoming October 13th.
I am on the guestlist as well, but alas, I know how that works, hahaha. Daniel always forgets to inform the venue about that guestlist, , so I just buy my tickets anyhows. I don't mind paying to see my guys play live.
Awesome From what ive just seen on youtube i can tell they put on a great show.

Quote:
Yep, couldn't agree with you more. Well Daniel seems to be very 'Hope'-driven nowadays. I can only hope he won't face a drawback from what to me sound like a bit overdone dose of 'positivism' on WHBWH...

Flopping Hell, yes, this is the Album of 2010.

Yea i kinda thought the album name was not so great at first but it definitely fits the concept of the album and is alot deeper in meaning then i first thought. It's hard not to be positive when you have SW producing though. The vocals on the record are just perfect.

Quote:
It doesn't show up for me, might it be my browser?
Sorry bout that i fixed it though. Universal is one of my fave tracks on the album.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #1877
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Awesome From what ive just seen on youtube i can tell they put on a great show.
Yes they do. I know, after having witnessed some 50+ of their shows since 1997! I've lost count, at least 3-4 a year...
Whatever a great band on CD, they might well be 10000 times as good live. Well, let's just say that their appearance at the Milky Way in Amsterdam during their A Fine Day To Exit-tour has become 'legendary' among the Anathemaniacs, as that one truly SUCKED - the band had obviously been enjoying the Amsterdam 'Coffee Shops' a little too much there . That gig was so shitty, it was hilarious...

Anathema have never been to Australia so far. But with their uprising popularity nowadays... who knows. I will surely tell Danny that he SHOULD go there one day. Perhaps PT will be as kind and invite them as support act over there?

Quote:
Yea i kinda thought the album name was not so great at first but it definitely fits the concept of the album and is alot deeper in meaning then i first thought. It's hard not to be positive when you have SW producing though. The vocals on the record are just perfect.
There have been massive discussions among their fans about that album title. Let's recuperate... it was at first called Paradigm Shift, thereafter came Horizons, thereafter it was Angels Walk Among Us, and maybe some 5-10 other names (among them, "This Album Won't Be Released Until 2084" - Daniel Joking, of course ), until Daniel finally pulled the plug (well he in fact put it up as a poll for us fans to vote for it - and of course didn't give a damn about the outcome ) and stated that it would be We're Here Because We're Here, as a kind of humanistic statement. And indeed, regarding the past history that all of the bandmembers went through together in the past 20 years, I can well understand why he chose to do so.

I still cherish my Angels Walk Among Us-t-shirt though.
It might become a fans' thing to hunt for on E-bay in a couple of years.

Quote:
Sorry bout that i fixed it though. Universal is one of my fave tracks on the album.
It's one of mine as well. Absolutely brilliant track!
I can't wait...

Oh and talking about 'I can't wait'- I've just uploaded a new review to the Archives: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=292159

I've got tickets to see their show in Dortmund, coming October!!!
A true 'Old Love' of mine. It won't ever die. What a band.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 07-28-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 AM   #1878
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most underrated bands ever:

The lovely Norwegian goth band The Sins of Thy Beloved

Nasty-but-melodic black metal until that moment where that gorgeous singer Anita joins in - "In your eyes, I see love and innocence..." - at the 3:05 minutes mark. The violinist is pretty good, too!

I just wonder what happened to these lovely fellows that I've had the pleasure of witnessing playing quite a couple of times live...
Fantastic live band. Alas, alas, gone without a trace... meh.

Anathema

Old 07-28-2010, 04:06 AM   #1879
Anathemaniac

More Norwegian Symphonic Black metal:

Tristania - ah, singer Vibeke Stene - too bad, she's gone now.
Too many drooling fanboys, *yuck*

What a waste. I witnessed her singing when noone knew about her, at a concert in Belgium some 15 years ago. It was GREAT. Tristania's Widow's Weed is still an ultimate classic.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 07-28-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #1880
Anathemaniac

Anathema with Mrs. Anneke van Giersbergen, anyone?

Crappy vid from from my own personal collection. Taped it last year, I think it was at the Boerderij in Zoetermeer, but I'm not too sure about that. Could have been the Patronaat-club in Haarlem just as well. Can't remember, can't recall... can't forget, either.

Sound is just bloody awfull. Blame my crappy camera.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 07-28-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #1881
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anathema with Mrs. Anneke van Giersbergen, anyone?

Crappy vid from from my own personal collection. Taped it last year, I think it was at the Boerderij in Zoetermeer, but I'm not too sure about that. Could have been the Patronaat-club in Haarlem just as well. Can't remember, can't recall... can't forget, either.

Sound is just bloody awfull. Blame my crappy camera.
Hey there

Awesome clip. That girl can really sing. Always been a fan of The Gathering. The never ending swarm of copycat bands that have followed them have been proof enough of how good they were.

Her collaboration with Devin Townsend on last years "Addicted" was awesome an wouldn't have been half as good without her. Would be interesting if the Cavanagh boys an co ever teamed up with the Dev for a song or 2
Old 07-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #1882
country flag opeth84

Quote:
Hi there again!

Yes they do. I know, after having witnessed some 50+ of their shows since 1997! I've lost count, at least 3-4 a year...
Whatever a great band on CD, they might well be 10000 times as good live. Well, let's just say that their appearance at the Milky Way in Amsterdam during their A Fine Day To Exit-tour has become 'legendary' among the Anathemaniacs, as that one truly SUCKED - the band had obviously been enjoying the Amsterdam 'Coffee Shops' a little too much there . That gig was so shitty, it was hilarious...

Anathema have never been to Australia so far. But with their uprising popularity nowadays... who knows. I will surely tell Danny that he SHOULD go there one day. Perhaps PT will be as kind and invite them as support act over there?
50+ thats crazy I'd forgive most bands for lousy performances in Amsterdam Yes please mention it to him if you can would be much appreciated
Yea if PT were to tour with Anathema on support i would fly to Melbourne or Sydney to see em as Perth gets left out quite often.

Quote:
It's one of mine as well. Absolutely brilliant track!
I can't wait...

Oh and talking about 'I can't wait'- I've just uploaded a new review to the Archives: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=292159

I've got tickets to see their show in Dortmund, coming October!!!
A true 'Old Love' of mine. It won't ever die. What a band.

Cool review A band that to be honest im really not familiar with but enjoy from what little i have heard. Will get myself to Europe one of these days.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #1883
country flag ktdude

ktdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Bonnie the Cat and opeth84!! And anyone who reads the thread! I thought I'd stick my head in and say hello. I'm a massive fan of prog! Mostly prog metal rather than prog rock but I have my moments. I adore Opeth and Devin Townsend who obviously I've seen mentioned in here, have seen Opeth live many times and will be seeing them again, AND Devin for the first time, at the Bloodstock festival in the UK in two weeks' time - I'm so excited!

I love my European metal, lots of doom, prog, and other types of metal, as well as quite a few American bands too - I'm interested to hear some of your recommendations though. Hope to spend a bit more time in this thread in future

PAW: Current: 71/163 (21.02.11). Peak: 68/162 (07.02.11). Best: 3rd Beijing
TT Singles: Current: 176/324 (07.03.11). Peak: 176/324 (07.03.11). Best: SF Palermo, Asuncion, Dallas.
TT Doubles: Current: 156/301 (07.03.11). Peak: 156/301 (07.03.11). Best: W Asuncion (w/IgorBr) W Sheffield (w/jazar)
FITD: Current: 78/160 (28.02.11). Peak: 78/160 (28.02.11). Best: W Stockholm
Suicide Tennis: Current: 144/198 (29.11.10). Peak: 141/198 (08/11/10).
ktdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #1884
country flag opeth84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdude View Post
Hello Bonnie the Cat and opeth84!! And anyone who reads the thread! I thought I'd stick my head in and say hello. I'm a massive fan of prog! Mostly prog metal rather than prog rock but I have my moments. I adore Opeth and Devin Townsend who obviously I've seen mentioned in here, have seen Opeth live many times and will be seeing them again, AND Devin for the first time, at the Bloodstock festival in the UK in two weeks' time - I'm so excited!

I love my European metal, lots of doom, prog, and other types of metal, as well as quite a few American bands too - I'm interested to hear some of your recommendations though. Hope to spend a bit more time in this thread in future

Hey mate welcome You have a great taste in music so you will be in good company here

Sounds like a killer festival to have Opeth and Devin on the same bill. Also seen Opeth a few times myself over the years and had my first chance to see Devin outside of SYL earlier on this year and he did not disappoint.

Also a big fan of the euro metal scene and a huge fan of doom/black and death metal
Old 07-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #1885
country flag ktdude

ktdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond reputektdude has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah it's an awesome festival. Also has Meshuggah, Gojira, Amorphis, Bloodbath... The list goes on! I have seen Dev in SYL once back in 2006, it was fantastic, I can't wait to see him on his own though. I'm hoping for Deadhead above all other songs, although I'm sure anything he plays will kill!

Well, I'll be checking out this thread on a regular basis for sure!

PAW: Current: 71/163 (21.02.11). Peak: 68/162 (07.02.11). Best: 3rd Beijing
TT Singles: Current: 176/324 (07.03.11). Peak: 176/324 (07.03.11). Best: SF Palermo, Asuncion, Dallas.
TT Doubles: Current: 156/301 (07.03.11). Peak: 156/301 (07.03.11). Best: W Asuncion (w/IgorBr) W Sheffield (w/jazar)
FITD: Current: 78/160 (28.02.11). Peak: 78/160 (28.02.11). Best: W Stockholm
Suicide Tennis: Current: 144/198 (29.11.10). Peak: 141/198 (08/11/10).
ktdude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #1886
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Awesome clip. That girl can really sing. Always been a fan of The Gathering. The never ending swarm of copycat bands that have followed them have been proof enough of how good they were.
The Gathering, after having released their awesome Mandillion, have been a genuine eye-opener for all of the metal/prog-scene that it's in fact OK (well more than that!) to have ladies in your band!

Quote:
Her collaboration with Devin Townsend on last years "Addicted" was awesome an wouldn't have been half as good without her. Would be interesting if the Cavanagh boys an co ever teamed up with the Dev for a song or 2
Yep. I unfortunately missed Devin's gig at Tilburg's 013 a couple of weeks ago, where he teamed up with Anneke. Fortunately though, I will be seeing her in October with her Aqua d'Annique-solo band just around the corner where I live in some 2 months' time.

Quote:
50+ thats crazy I'd forgive most bands for lousy performances in Amsterdam Yes please mention it to him if you can would be much appreciated
Haha, if there's just ONE thing I will never ever mention to Daniel again, it's that I was there at that dreadful gig. It's been quite a running gag among all of his fans by now.
Well with a little luck, he quite well knows already. Or rather... he doesn't remember that gig at all.

Quote:
Yea if PT were to tour with Anathema on support i would fly to Melbourne or Sydney to see em as Perth gets left out quite often.
I hope for you that some day they will. In all honesty, I wouldn't count out the possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdude View Post

Hi there, ktdude, welcome to the one-and-only true ProgDork-thread over here!
Nice list of fav bands you have, perhaps a bit heavier and less 'classical prog' than mine, but still... keep on proggin'!

My list of concerts that I will try and visit during the upcoming couple of months... OMG.
Just read that Focus, Beardfish, and Unitopia will be playing my country as well during this period.

I swear it, the ProgRock bands are trying to KILL ME with their awesomeness right now.
Correction: The Netherlands isn't that bad of a place to live.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-01-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #1887
Anathemaniac

The Gathering, with Anneke (she's left the band in 2007) playing their Marooned:

Trip-Prog, if you like it to be called that way.

Anathema

Old 08-01-2010, 04:10 AM   #1888
Anathemaniac

Some classical prog, performed by a contempory band, just for the prog-metallists over here, to let them know of the origins of the genre. :

My friends of 5BridgeS
Sorry for pimping them, but they could well do with a little more attention.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-01-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #1889
Anathemaniac

Talking about a true LEGEND:

That ugly grey old FATSO with that cowboy hat, ripping that Hammond organ to threads?
That's one Mr. Thijs van Leer, a genuine LEGEND.
He's well within his sixties right now, and still plays his ass off, in the club circuit, for 'Bums 'R' Us' - me and my friends that is .
Saw him play live a couple of times during the past three years. AWESOME!!!

That's what I call the Real Spirit!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-03-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 AM   #1890
Anathemaniac

Well here I am again.

You see, even Nature, reacts on me...

One of The Gathering's best ever - My Electricity

"I send your name, up into the sky -
And the wind blows it back into my face.

You see, even Nature, reacts on me,
And all my electricity -
will make it across your sea.

With every wave the sea makes,
My body gets weaker -
and weaker.... and weaker..

You see, even Nature, reacts on me
And all my electricity -
will make it across your sea.

And provides you,
with my love..."

Trip-Prog at its best. Anneke.

Anathema