Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #1561
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
affirmative. you are more seasoned, acculturated, and informed about prog rock. perhaps manu the magnificent is also able to appreciate the profound talents of these prg rock musicians.

i am just a dumb jock with hercules-like muscles everywhere but i do love music a lot.

and i do appreciate your efforts and manu`s efforts to post some outstanding music for all of us to enjoy. i might just end up exploring new horizons.

Nah, I guess all of the folks contributing in this thread are just trying to show off their love of all the FANTASTIC underrated ProgRock bands. None of them are 'well known' to the general public, and in all honesty, I truly question whether any of them would indeed like being known to that 'general public'.

[ELITIST ME] Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi. [/ELITIST ME]

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #1562
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post

Nah, I guess all of the folks contributing in this thread are just trying to show off their love of all the FANTASTIC underrated ProgRock bands. None of them are 'well known' to the general public, and in all honesty, I truly question whether any of them would indeed like being known to that 'general public'.

[ELITIST ME] Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi. [/ELITIST ME]

cheers. this is a great thread. i am going to start checking it out a little more. sports and music speak a universal language.

Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #1563
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
cheers. this is a great thread. i am going to start checking it out a little more. sports and music speak a universal language.

Very true indeed, CD.

Here's one more for you:

"... I'm finding it hard, to Hang from a Star..."

The Master's lovely Sentimental.

Anathema

Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 AM   #1564
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Very true indeed, CD.

Here's one more for you:

"... I'm finding it hard, to Hang from a Star..."

The Master's lovely Sentimental.

spectacular. that was a beautiful song done with a little bit of magic. great lyrics as well.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #1565
Anathemaniac

Oh My God -

"Run through forests on a hot Summer day -
Trying to break down, walls of numbing pain -

Give me the freedom to destroy,
Give me Radioactive Toy

Taste the water from a stream of running death,
Eat the apple and cough a dying breath -
Feel the sun burning through your black skin,
Pour me into a hole, inform my next of kin,
Run through graveyards on a dusty Winter day
Spit the dirt out and try to say..."

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-27-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #1566
Anathemaniac

*BUMP*

I just survived two evenings of enjoying Polish heavy proggers Riverside and their opening act, UK atmospheric proggers The Pineapple Thief.

A rather silly review of the first evening can be found over here.

Anathema

Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #1567
Anathemaniac

Genesis - The Knife

Anathema

Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #1568
Anathemaniac

And just for keeps.

Genesis - The Musical Box. An all-time classic.

"Play me my song - here it comes again... "

Anathema

Old 11-01-2009, 02:44 AM   #1569
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:

Genesis - The Knife

not too shabby. talented musicians here karin.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #1570
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the absence period!

Something a bit heavier, but of undeniable quality (and yeah, I prefer the live version ):

"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #1571
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Sorry for the absence period!

Something a bit heavier, but of undeniable quality (and yeah, I prefer the live version ):

Fabio! Great to have you back!

Have you read my reviews yet? Here and here.

Yep, saw them twice in a row, and YES, they are MAGNIFICIENT!!!

Anathema

Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #1572
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fabio! Great to have you back!

Have you read my reviews yet? Here and here.

Yep, saw them twice in a row, and YES, they are MAGNIFICIENT!!!
Eheh, I check the site pretty much everyday, but I'll just post here ocassionally (it's hard when you start running out of songs to post here... )! Cool they played In Two Minds (in one word, it's beautiful, but also is Conceiving You! )!

Oh, and if I happen to catch you trash-talking Rapid Eye Movement again, I'll cry a lot, in my bed, under my sheets. That album is special to me.
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Old 11-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #1573
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Eheh, I check the site pretty much everyday, but I'll just post here ocassionally (it's hard when you start running out of songs to post here... )! Cool they played In Two Minds (in one word, it's beautiful, but also is Conceiving You! )!
The past four years or so they always had Conceiving You in the setlist, so the appearance of In Two Minds was a very pleasant surprise to me, as I think that song is even better!

A beautiful melody with lovely lyrics. My absolute favourite among their more mellow songs.

Quote:
Oh, and if I happen to catch you trash-talking Rapid Eye Movement again, I'll cry a lot, in my bed, under my sheets. That album is special to me.

If all 'trash' being released were anywhere near as good as Riverside's REM, I'd be a very happy camper - and most probably completely BANKRUPT.

Well there's more coming up for me soon - most notably this little festival: ProgFarm. My friends and me are most looking forward to seeing Il Castello Di Atlante, classical Italian prog, there.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-06-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #1574
country flag Black Dog

Not classic prog, but I've also been checking some italian guys called Zu... They seem to have been around for quite some time, but I didn't know them and I only checked them because a friend of mine saw them live a few days ago and just said: "Awesome!". And I have to say that I completely share his opinion!

And there goes one of my faves among PT's mellower songs:

Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #1575
Anathemaniac

Back from the festival, it was a BLAST.
So good to see all these 'unknown' fellows getting a nice chance to perform live for the ultimate ProgDork Audience, somewhere in the middle-of-nowhere in a Frisian farmhouse.
The Italians Il Castello made the best impression (that band has been active for over 35 years!!! ), but have to say all the bands were of good to very good quality. Will post a review asap.
Going to take a while as I'm still behind on some three concerts the week before. It's been quite a JOB for me lately.

Quote:
Not classic prog, but I've also been checking some italian guys called Zu... They seem to have been around for quite some time, but I didn't know them and I only checked them because a friend of mine saw them live a few days ago and just said: "Awesome!". And I have to say that I completely share his opinion!
I'll check them out - never heard of them either.

Quote:
And there goes one of my faves among PT's mellower songs:

Ah yeah, lovely. From "Lightbulb Sun".
It's very much like Drown With Me from the "In Absentia Outtakes", nearly the same theme, only a little more positive... Mr. S.W. seems to have a thing for Water and Trains.

Wish he'd still do more stuff like that with PT, but it looks like he saves the mellower stuff for Blackfield nowadays. Well no prob either of course. Hope the guys will make another album in the coming year (though it's rather much to ask for, regarding Mr. S.W.'s output of this year!).
BTW, did I already post that I saw his buddy Aviv Geffen perform live with his band last week?

Anathema