Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 104 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #1546
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Yes, I know it is not Prog, but it is rock, so with your permission Karin, I'll post some rock

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #1547
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Yes, I know it is not Prog, but it is rock, so with your permission Karin, I'll post some rock
- though not really 'prog', awesome music. I love them as well, like I am in awe of 'Britpop' in general . I'm not much of a 'purist progger', as you might well know by now.

FINALLY got my 'job' done tonight, i.e., posting my latest reviews to my blog.

5Bridges & Leap Day in Iduna, Drachten, NL

as well as

Porcupine Tree & Robert Fripp at the HMH in Amsterdam, NL

Enjoy, folks. Do let me know what you think of both of my attempts to describe both the 'journeymen' as well as the 'Top Notch Players' within this particular game, eh?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #1548
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post

outstanding song manu.

dont know much about progressive rock but i can enjoy rock and classic rock. we have so many radio stations in the south here playing classic rock around the clock that it is hard not to become a fan of it.

Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #1549
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
outstanding song manu.

dont know much about progressive rock but i can enjoy rock and classic rock. we have so many radio stations in the south here playing classic rock around the clock that it is hard not to become a fan of it.

Time to check it out for a bit, CD. I ensure you, you'll love it.

Anathema

Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #1550
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Time to check it out for a bit, CD. I ensure you, you'll love it.
affirmative. will do.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #1551
Anathemaniac

Quote:
affirmative. will do.
Start off with the Classics - Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson & Van der Graaf Generator. Not an easy task, but if you manage to get yourself through those, I'd expect you to appreciate a lot more...

Anathema

Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #1552
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Start off with the Classics - Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson & Van der Graaf Generator. Not an easy task, but if you manage to get yourself through those, I'd expect you to appreciate a lot more...
i am familiar with Genesis and Pink Floyd karin. pink Floyd is one of the true all time great bands.

i will certainly check out some of these as the time permits.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #1553
Anathemaniac

Quote:
i am familiar with Genesis and Pink Floyd karin. pink Floyd is one of the true all time great bands.

i will certainly check out some of these as the time permits.
Van Der Graaf Generator - aka Peter Hammill's most lovely:

Refugees.

If THIS isn't true Prog Loveliness, I don't know what is...

EDIT: and a LIVE VERSION, from 2005 -

Oh My God... fantastic!
Mr. Hammill was already past his 60's there. What a performance. What a guy!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-27-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #1554
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Van Der Graaf Generator - aka Peter Hammill's most lovely:

Refugees.

If THIS isn't true Prog Loveliness, I don't know what is...

EDIT: and a LIVE VERSION, from 2005 -

Oh My God... fantastic!
Mr. Hammill was already past his 60's there. What a performance. What a guy!

beautiful music karin. i enjoyed it. thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #1555
Anathemaniac

Quote:
beautiful music karin. i enjoyed it. thanks for sharing.
You're welcome!
Another one... in fact, from a concert I attended myself:

Van Der Graaf's GOG!

WARNING: This one is for the more experienced Proggers.

Anathema

Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #1556
Anathemaniac

One more:

Man-Erg.

"The Killer lives inside me... yes I can feel him move...."

What a song. Peter Hammill = GOD.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-27-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #1557
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
You're welcome!
Another one... in fact, from a concert I attended myself:

Van Der Graaf's GOG!

WARNING: This one is for the more experienced Proggers.
i am listening to this song right now.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #1558
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
One more:

Man-Erg.

"The Killer lives inside me... yes I can feel him move...."

What a song. Peter Hamill = GOD.
great finish. they are supremely talented to be sure.

and you are right. one has to be little more seasoned with prog rock to fully appreciate these new frontiers in rock.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 AM   #1559
Anathemaniac

Quote:
great finish. they are supremely talented to be sure.

and you are right. one has to be little more seasoned with prog rock to fully appreciate these new frontiers in rock.
- well, it is a bit of an 'adjusted/acquired taste' to fully be able to appreciate these fellow's achievements. In all, I'm very happy to have been able to accomplish that myself, just like I happen to love classical music (most of all opera & church music) just the same.

An 'Acquired Taste' so to say, yay!

Anathema

Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #1560
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
- well, it is a bit of an 'adjusted/acquired taste' to fully be able to appreciate these fellow's achievements. In all, I'm very happy to have been able to accomplish that myself, just like I happen to love classical music (most of all opera & church music) just the same.

An 'Acquired Taste' so to say, yay!

affirmative. you are more seasoned, acculturated, and informed about prog rock. perhaps manu the magnificent is also able to appreciate the profound talents of these prg rock musicians.

i am just a dumb jock with hercules-like muscles everywhere but i do love music a lot.

and i do appreciate your efforts and manu`s efforts to post some outstanding music for all of us to enjoy. i might just end up exploring new horizons.