Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 102 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #1516
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

The song behind the controversy (or not really... ):

"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #1517
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Just came home from PT's show in Amsterdam.

I'm . Just... IMMACULATE, that show!

Oh, and they played Bonnie the Cat.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #1518
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Just came home from PT's show in Amsterdam.

I'm . Just... IMMACULATE, that show!

Oh, and they played Bonnie the Cat.
Did they play the whole "first part" of The Incident? I believe that I saw SW saying in an interview that, for this tour, they would play the whole piece in every show because it would only make sense if it was that way... Glad you liked the show! But then again, how couldn't you? It's Porcupine Tree...
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #1519
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Did they play the whole "first part" of The Incident? I believe that I saw SW saying in an interview that, for this tour, they would play the whole piece in every show because it would only make sense if it was that way... Glad you liked the show! But then again, how couldn't you? It's Porcupine Tree...
THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' 55-MINUTES of it!!!
And it went down as a major CHARM. Absolutely immaculate, gorgeous, beautiful. Can't say anything else about it, even if tried.
This was the first 'EnormoDome'-concert (Heineken Music Hall, capacity 5,000 folks, that's A LOT for a progrock band!!!) where the entire audience just stayed completely silent all along the show - apparently admiring a 'SOUND' - and rightfully so. It was just f**king unbelievable. Never ever before seen anything the like. I am .
No kidding.

If you have the chance to catch all of the Portugese shows, Fabio, DO SO!

And after the 10 minutes pauze thereafter... well eh? "The Start Of Something Beautiful?"

My god, I'm SPEECHLESS.

Mr. S.W.-music = Mr. R.F.-tennis.

Not joking, here.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-12-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #1520
Anathemaniac

One of the 'surprises' PT played, the lovely Normal from the FOABP-outtake "Nil Reccuring":

OMG.

I thought I already had my mind made up about 'Best Concert of 2009', but apparently I now have to think about having a 'second thought'.

Anathema

Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #1521
country flag Black Dog

Quote:
THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' 55-MINUTES of it!!!
And it went down as a major CHARM. Absolutely immaculate, gorgeous, beautiful. Can't say anything else about it, even if tried.
This was the first 'EnormoDome'-concert (Heineken Music Hall, capacity 5,000 folks, that's A LOT for a progrock band!!!) where the entire audience just stayed completely silent all along the show - apparently admiring a 'SOUND' - and rightfully so. It was just f**king unbelievable. Never ever before seen anything the like. I am .
No kidding.

If you have the chance to catch all of the Portugese shows, Fabio, DO SO!

And after the 10 minutes pauze thereafter... well eh? "The Start Of Something Beautiful?"

My god, I'm SPEECHLESS.

Mr. S.W.-music = Mr. R.F.-tennis.

Not joking, here.
I would, but it's too expensive... I'm going to see Progressive Nation next week, and in November, apart form Porcupine, I'll have Isis and I'm still considering to attend a festival in Braga were some friends of mine are going to play (they are getting some cool reviews, by the way, check their MySpace http://www.myspace.com/catacombeband)... And I'm still depending a bit on my brother, since I'll just probably have the opportunity to start working next year, so...
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #1522
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I would, but it's too expensive... I'm going to see Progressive Nation next week, and in November, apart form Porcupine, I'll have Isis and I'm still considering to attend a festival in Braga were some friends of mine are going to play (they are getting some cool reviews, by the way, check their MySpace http://www.myspace.com/catacombeband)... And I'm still depending a bit on my brother, since I'll just probably have the opportunity to start working next year, so...
- right now, I'm in a genuine "After the Sex, a Cigarette..."-mode, it you get my meaning.

No, I just can't believe what I've just heard. Such beauty, such emotion, such loveliness... so subtle, so *harsh* at times, but in all, so genuinely BEAUTIFUL.

OMG. Can barely believe I just witnessed that same fellow which I did some 16 years ago in a pub around the corner from where I live, saying to me mates, "Wow man, that pretty little bloke is pretty TALENTED!!!"

Godheavens, he was... is.

Anathema

Old 10-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #1523
country flag Black Dog

So after the whole first part of The Incident, they played "Bonnie the Cat", "The Start Of Something Beautiful" AND "Normal", which is easily one of my favourite PT songs... God, I wan't their concert here to be a perfect replica of the one you attended!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #1524
Anathemaniac

Quote:
So after the whole first part of The Incident, they played "Bonnie the Cat", "The Start Of Something Beautiful" AND "Normal", which is easily one of my favourite PT songs... God, I wan't their concert here to be a perfect replica of the one you attended!
Yep they did. First the whole 55-minutes of "The Incident" - which already got the audience dead silenced, weak in the presence of beauty - and thereafter, after a 10 minutes break, which was broadcasted as a countdown on the screen, btw - came, among others, "The Start Of Something Beautiful", followed by excerpts from "Russia on Ice", "Anesthetize", the lovely "Lazarus", "Bonnie the Cat", AND... "Normal"...

"...I'm finding it hard, to hang from a star...
... but what's Normal now, anyhow..."

F**king HEAVEN. Still can't believe it.

Mr. S.W. = THE MASTER.

He played barefooted, as usual, once again.

Anathema

Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #1525
country flag Black Dog

I still have to wait one month and a few days...
Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #1526
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I still have to wait one month and a few days...
Know what, I always tune down my expectations whenever I'm about to watch my favs play live, as more than ever, 'you'll end up lying with your face down on the floor', as Yes Guitarist Steve Howe expressed it so well, some 20 years ago.

But tonight... OMG. What the hell. What BEAUTY. WHAT LOVELINESS.
Mr. S.W = THE MASTER. Bow DOWN to his majesty!!!

Jeebus, I sound like CD right now.

Anathema

Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #1527
country flag Black Dog

And once upon a time, a band called Dream Theater actually knew how to make good music...

Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #1528
Anathemaniac

Quote:
And once upon a time, a band called Dream Theater actually knew how to make good music...
So true, Fabió! Well, I happen to think their FIRST ever album, "When Dream and Day Unite" was by far their BEST one. Kick me with it!
Much of that has to do with the fact that I consider Charlie Dominici a more 'attractive' singer than James LaBrie. Dunno, personal taste I guess, I know many folks disagree with me on this...

BTW, am still pondering about my review on PT's concert. It's very hard to describe what happened out there without becoming all fanboy-ish, .

At least I've been able to dig up the complete setlist:

Occam's Razor
The Blind House
Great Expectations
Kneel and Disconnect
Drawing the Line
The Incident
Your Unpleasant Family
The Yellow Windows of the Evening Train
Time Flies
Degree Zero of Liberty
Octane Twisted
The Seance
Circle of Manias
I Drive the Hearse
----------------
Start of Something Beautiful
Russia on Ice (first part)
Anesthetize (heavy section)
Lazarus
Strip the Soul
.3 (coda)
Normal
Bonnie The Cat
--------
The Sound of Muzak
Trains

Hey btw, if you happen to see a lot of folks appearing at Heavy Concerts wearing FLAMING PINK-t shirts (in stead of the usual 'black with band logo') - those are the Porcy Heads. Just - I'll post a piccie of it soon.

Anathema

Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #1529
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Know what, I always tune down my expectations whenever I'm about to watch my favs play live, as more than ever, 'you'll end up lying with your face down on the floor', as Yes Guitarist Steve Howe expressed it so well, some 20 years ago.

But tonight... OMG. What the hell. What BEAUTY. WHAT LOVELINESS.
Mr. S.W = THE MASTER. Bow DOWN to his majesty!!!

Jeebus, I sound like CD right now.

what up shizzle?

Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #1530
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
what up shizzle?

Hi there CD!

Ah, I think I just matched your adoration for Rafa with my adoration for PT.
Nothing serious...

Anathema