Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #1501
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Sorry, but there goes another APP invasion ::

"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #1502
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have to say sorry to me - I love Alan Parsons - got most of his stuff from years back

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #1503
country flag Fensler
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Fensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond repute

This performance often brings a smile to my face.

The unconventional, energetic brilliance of Focus...

Pre-Copernican beliefs in the modern world: "56% think the Sun rotates around the Earth."
---

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
Fensler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #1504
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ EEEEHHH, my countryman! Thijs!
Saw him play live last year, and you bet he still hasn't lost any of his tricks.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #1505
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Don't have to say sorry to me - I love Alan Parsons - got most of his stuff from years back
It's just because I already posted two or three things of the guys here before, but yeah, I dig APP a lot, specially their first albums, since their latter work is not so pleasent (in my opinion and, apparently, in Karin's opinion too since we already discussed this )!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #1506
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I am really loving "Stupid Dream". Thanks Karin.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #1507
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
I am really loving "Stupid Dream". Thanks Karin.
You got that album? You really did?
Yes, it's a genuine masterpiece.

"...You don't need much to speak of,
No class, no wit, no soul.
Forget you own agenda -
Get ready To Be Sold

I feel now like Christine Keeler,
Sleepwaking in the rain.
I didn't mean to lose direction,
I didn't want that kind of fame.

(Take your hands off my land)

Credit me with some intelligence
(if not just credit me)
I come in value packs of ten
(in five varieties)

And even though I got it all now,
My only Stupid Dream.
I see you and me together
And how it should have been.

I remember piano lessons,
Now everything seems clear
You waiting under streetlights
For dreams to disappear..."

I think I understand Mr. S.W.'s lyrics well. Very, very well.

DAMN. Went to a lovely concert tonight, taped half of it, only to find out that my computer ruined all of my recordings while uploading.
I'm really right now.

Anathema

Old 10-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #1508
Anathemaniac

36 hours and counting...

...for me and my dear friends of the Dutch ProgRock Squad, to see The Master & his fantastic band to perform live at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.
OMG.

Even Less - live. OMG.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-11-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #1509
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the dreamy sound of "Baby Dream in Cellophane".
Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #1510
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I really like the dreamy sound of "Baby Dream in Cellophane".
Yeah, it's the one with that sparkling guitar solo & multilayered vocals - it does sound dreamy. But of course, like all the songs on Stupid Dream, it has a very contradicting cynical, if not downright creepy undertone in its lyrics. From this excellent piece from www.dprp.net:

Baby Dream In Cellophane. Wilson: "The baby in the song is basically singing the song: "I am in my pram". And it's quite a cynical song because he's basically saying that the boy's life is almost mapped out already as the child is born, it's already predetermined by society and the baby's kind of singing from the pram if you like, saying "well, actually no, I'm not going to go down this path that's been laid out for me. I'm gonna break out". It's almost like a very surreal teen rebellian song. If you imagine Nirvana, if they wrote about rebellious teenagers, I write songs for rebellious babies".

Anathema

Old 10-12-2009, 05:29 AM   #1511
country flag FedFan_2007

Also I get the feeling that Steven Wilson is strongly influenced by Thom Yorke.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #1512
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Also I get the feeling that Steven Wilson is strongly influenced by Thom Yorke.
If anything, it's the other way round.
Nah, you're right, he likes Radiohead. I do, too.

Anathema

Old 10-12-2009, 05:47 AM   #1513
country flag FedFan_2007

The only thing about Radiohead is there's something off putting about them.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #1514
Anathemaniac

Quote:
The only thing about Radiohead is there's something off putting about them.
They have their good and less good work and I tend to think they're being a tad overrated nowadays, but "The Bends" and especially "OK Computer" are fantastic albums.

Anathema

Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 AM   #1515
country flag FedFan_2007

Yes I agree "the Bends" and "Ok Computer" are great albums. I just can't quite get into Kid A yet.