Grand Slam Monday at last - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #46
bad gambler

Default Re: Grand Slam Monday at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
De Heart is getting some attention- anyone know anything about this guy?
Never heard of him but just looking through the qualy stats he must have spent a lot of time on court. Looks like he struggled through the qualification stage. I wouldn't have thought he has been used to playing to many matches in such a short period of time in the past.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #47
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2008 View Post
Why the heck is IVANOVIC @ $1.19??

Surely that is a pure banker???????

Or is there something i dont know?
lol Demma

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #48
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Gremelmayr to beat Darcis - $1.84
Berrer to beat Acasuso - $2.50
Melzer to beat Lopez - $1.80

gl freaks
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #49
country flag Newbie2008

Newbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond reputeNewbie2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2008 View Post
Ana has been receiving treatment on her right thumb from an chiropractor/osteopath in Sydney over the past week. She has responded well to treatment and has had several successful practice sessions.

Barring any complications, the 20-year-old expects to be ready to compete in the U.S. Open, which begins in New York on Monday 25 August.

After Jelena Jankovic's defeat to Dinara Safina at the OIympics on Friday, Ana is guaranteed to be the No.1 seed for the year's final Grand Slam - she will return to the top of the rankings on Monday.

Ivanovic to lose??? thoughts?

Yep Ivanovic to lose @ $5.00

7/10 gl lads
Newbie2008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #50
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

These will be my plays for the 25th today.

Yvonne Meusburger over Lino 8/11
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova over King 5/8
Parmentier over Erakovic 1/1 (Erakovic losing left, right and centre lately)
Paszek over Kirilenko 5/4
Navarro over Kleybanova 11/10 (Kleybanova has a back injury)
Pironkova over AMG 17/10
Wozniak over Davenport 5/2 (taken this at a retirement bookie)
Glatch over Keathovong 11/10 ( going big on this one)

I dont know what to do in the dulko match, it makes sense to back against her because shes in shit form but i rate her highly so i just cant decide on that.

Simon over Granollers 1/5
Monfils over Cuevas 2/9
Bohli over Vanek 4/7
Lopez over Melzer 11/10

GL

Last edited by Iván : 08-26-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #51
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder how you came up with lopez, ivan
Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #52
country flag supermario#1

supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1

these matches do not even wet the brow.....

take "Project 45" to win its today's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lock.jpg (2.2 KB, 1 views)
supermario#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #53
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
i wonder how you came up with lopez, ivan
Despite being a bunny muncher i like lala as a tennis player, yes as jez has noted he is not in the best of form at the minute but he played lights out tennis here last year and his game suits the current courts nicely.

I also like backing lopez in 5 set matches, his big serve wins him some cheap points and he seems to thrive playing in big long slam matches, likes showing off. I have never rated melzer, can be a utter mug at the best of times and normally suffers dips in form during long 5 set matches, give lala the edge, just.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #54
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
Despite being a bunny muncher i like lala as a tennis player, yes as jez has noted he is not in the best of form at the minute but he played lights out tennis here last year and his game suits the current courts nicely.

I also like backing lopez in 5 set matches, his big serve wins him some cheap points and he seems to thrive playing in big long slam matches, likes showing off. I have never rated melzer, can be a utter mug at the best of times and normally suffers dips in form during long 5 set matches, give lala the edge, just.
don't forget melzer is one of the best return players on tour. that's why he beat lopez in their only meeting in 3-0 sets.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #55
country flag Iván
Banned!

Quote:
don't forget melzer is one of the best return players on tour. that's why he beat lopez in their only meeting in 3-0 sets.
i think lopez has more to his game than just his serve, his forehand i agree can be awful but he does have a vast repotiore of shots at his disposal.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #56
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
don't forget melzer is one of the best return players on tour.
God, I can't remember the last time I read a compliment about Melzer...poor guy.

He does well against serve-volleyers (Isner, Karlovic, Llodra) but Lopez isn't all that, even if he is a little limited. And Melzer doesn't have an impressive record against big servers, generally, so...

It really is one that could go either way...to quote ryan, choose "red" or "black." I'd probably lean slightly more to Melzer, only on current circumstances, but ivan makes a very good point about Lopez's pedigree in these kind of events...the guy is physically very strong, while Melzer, certainly mentally, is weak as piss, as anyone knows.

I hope this goes to 5 sets (preferably a match-deciding tiebreak) with several fluctations so you can all feel pain.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #57
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
monfils odds are pretty high against hardcourt mug cuevas. gael played lights out in beijing. if monfils doesn't play on one leg i don't see how cuevas plans to win 3 sets against one of the best players on hard.
just because you watched a decent game from Gael in Bejing doesnt make him one of the best on hard

i am struggling to see why do u would think that 1.13 is a pretty high price for Monfils, if this is anything its damn short
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #58
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
just because you watched a decent game from Gael in Bejing doesnt make him one of the best on hard
i've always said he's one of the best players on tour if he's on. i've seen a couple of matches of him where he played like a true top 5 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
i am struggling to see why do u would think that 1.13 is a pretty high price for Monfils, if this is anything its damn short
i got $1.19
Old 08-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #59
country flag Iván
Banned!

ive got a cheeky outright bet on monfils (make the final)
Old 08-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #60
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i've always said he's one of the best players on tour if he's on. i've seen a couple of matches of him where he played like a true top 5 player.

i got $1.19
you ve got to be joking a top 5 player? that guy who stands 5 m behind the baseline, i d be believing you if you meant top 5 athletes but players

1.19 is still a joke imo and has no value whatsoever, but thats just me talking
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote