Best workout? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
country flag TwilightHunter

TwilightHunter is on a distinguished road
Default Best workout?

What do you guys think is the best workout for tennis?
The Total Tennis Workout: http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/fitne....aspx?id=77674

Plyometrics:
http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/fitne...ss.aspx?id=539

Natural:
http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/fitne...ss.aspx?id=405

Basically, what I'm asking is how much is too much. I would like to combine all of these, and I already run, do several sets of push ups, sit ups, crunches, and curls a few times a week. I don't like taking down time, but I know it's best to allow my body time to rest. What would be the optimum way to get a full body workout, and still get the benefits from tennis? I don't want to only focus on those muscles used in tennis and not work everything.
TwilightHunter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best workout?

I recommend plenty of weights, sprints, running up/down hills, stretches and `T.V. workouts` - I've used aerobics on TV and have a great Tae-bo video which really gets you nice and sharp.

EDIT: the website in my signature ain't bad for workouts either
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute

Working on core stability will reap rewards for your game. Mix that in with some cardio and you'll soon be serving bombs through five sets.
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
country flag Michael Delaney

Michael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that tennis training should focus on increasing endurance and agility.

It's hard to suggest anything without knowing your specific needs. In general best is to combine some weight training with lots of cardio.

All three workouts are great, you can combine all three and create one workout that works for you I think you have to have a complete training routine for every muscle group but rotator cuff, shoulders, lower back, biceps and triceps are the muscles that you can focus a bit more.

Two tips;
1.when you'll hit the weights you have to do at least 12-15 reps per set for endurance
2.you can add 30 seconds or 1 minute sprints to your running routine instead of going with the same pace.
Michael Delaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote