Let's play the Value - Thursday - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
country flag Feri

Feri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's play the Value - Thursday

Reffering of course to Luka...

He can be found @2.00 a set and @3.75 straight...

He outplayed Karlo with great serve and same return as well and return
was his main weapon vs Jose...

cheers
Feri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's play the Value - Thursday

Did you see the match? Didn't think there was any tv coverage of this tourny until the semi finals?

Could well be that Ivo tanked the match rather than Gregorc playing well.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

i know one thing for sure after yesterday. verdasco came to play this week and likely is going to win this title. also fish will try his best.

my picks would be: verdasco, seppi, fish and andreev
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
country flag Feri

Feri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond reputeFeri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Did you see the match? Didn't think there was any tv coverage of this tourny until the semi finals?

Could well be that Ivo tanked the match rather than Gregorc playing well.

Followed it all point by point and read the comments of those who saw it

Btw, good the books think the same as you!

Last edited by Feri : 08-21-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feri View Post
Followed it all point by point and read the comments of those who saw it
who saw it? i doubt there were any pictures of this match.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
i know one thing for sure after yesterday. verdasco came to play this week and likely is going to win this title. also fish will try his best.

my picks would be: verdasco, seppi, fish and andreev
Yeah, the favs should get through but theres always one dog that sneaks a win on QF day. Who that is, I am not sure.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
country flag Feri

Hey guys where do you want to take this discussion... we're not in kindergarden right...

It's a major tournament with cameras... I heard the commentary of the Slovenian TV and
coaches, reporters and Luka himself (as well as Karlo) gave their views of the game...
so no need to think Gregorc was lucky in his 6 games here!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #8
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Fair enough, tend to think Seppi's consistent baseline game will be too much for Gregorc, but this is Seppi so expect anything.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
country flag Bilbo

what do you think of andreev, jaap? odds are good and he seems to handle big servers quite well on hard lately.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Quote:
what do you think of andreev, jaap? odds are good and he seems to handle big servers quite well on hard lately.
Yeah, he looks the most viable play of the day. Andreev in hot form these days.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
country flag Jaap
Banned!

One thing I would say is that it is not normal for Ivo to lose a set 6-2 unless he is not feeling well. Even Rafa and Fed can only break him at a maximum once per match.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
One thing I would say is that it is not normal for Ivo to lose a set 6-2 unless he is not feeling well.
as far as i've heard ivo said even before this match he was feeling ill and had fever. sadly we know those things too late.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #13
country flag Feri

Quote:
as far as i've heard ivo said even before this match he was feeling ill and had fever. sadly we know those things too late.

yep... and he limped as well

http://www.sportnet.hr/Vijest.aspx?ID=364310

http://sportskenovosti.hr/index.php?...clanak_id=3571

2 Croatian sources (as I see you wouldn't believe a SLO one!) and neither of them are
mentioning any kind of sickness or temperature. They just say Ivo's serve in 1st and 3rd
sets was around 50% and the opponent used that... A bad day, that should be forgotten (the
sum-up)

Of course Ivo usually is a threat with his serves and Gregorc is (was) a no-name, but then
nothing showed of an injury by Acasuso and he was broken some 5-6 times...

I'm sure everyone including Jose & Karlo underestimated Luka, which was a good thing for him,
but saying he simply was lucky in 6 wins here and looking for other excuses is a bit too arrogant

I'm sure he's quite overwhelmed by the fact he's defeated the "big guys", which should affect
his game today, but on the other hand he's also boosted by the same fact, so I simply have to
at least give him a chance for a set and the odds for that are more than tempting... and still
a small stake @ the given odds for a win is intact as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #14
country flag Kraxths

Kraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond repute

Seppi + Fish @ 1.781
Kraxths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #15
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute

Peng over Dushevina @ 2.4
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote