U.S. OPEN - time to stop the bleeding? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #61
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. OPEN - time to stop the bleeding?

good win!!

Go David

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #62
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
A win is a win, scoreline looks comfortable but to be honest I wasn't impressed with what I saw. The road from now on gets tough as it gets and he will need much more than he showed today. I just hope that he wasn't motivated much and played with just a minimal effort. At least he equaled last year result so he will not lose any points in rankings.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It was kind of boring to watch. Golobev was dictating all of the play for the majority of the match. I couldn't figure out whether he was just playing down to the opposition knowing Golobev would keep hitting unforced errors or not though. I think, at least partially he was, but still it would be better to try and force some more errors, even if not hitting outright winners. He played a lot better against Daniel I thought. I don't think it's an indicator for the match against Monfils though.

Last edited by krystlel : 08-29-2008 at 11:14 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #63
country flag leftyserve

leftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond reputeleftyserve has a reputation beyond repute

We saw both the Daniel and Golobev matches live. All Nalby fans should be very excited; he looked very sharp out there. Don't be fooled by the appearance that Golobev was "dictating all of the play..." Because that's all it was: an "appearance." It was very clear David knew exactly what he needed to do in this match, and he executed it according to plan. All seems well for the Monfils matchup, particularly if David can increase that first serve percentage.
leftyserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #64
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It was kind of boring to watch. Golobev was dictating all of the play for the majority of the match. I couldn't figure out whether he was just playing down to the opposition knowing Golobev would keep hitting unforced errors or not though. I think, at least partially he was, but still it would be better to try and force some more errors, even if not hitting outright winners. He played a lot better against Daniel I thought. I don't think it's an indicator for the match against Monfils though.
Well, it can not be an indicator at all about Monfils match. He can not play defense only with Monfils cause that is what Gael does. There are only 2 choices: either he will play like he did in Beijing, aggressive and strong trying to worn out Monfils and hoping that his defense will be litle bit weakened due to the faster courts and more succeptible to angles or he will try to play like Djokovic did, staying in rallies and patiently waiting for a chance to attack. 1st way is kinda risky and that was proven in their last meeting and his game must be on top to play like that. Second way is also risky but in other way: the match and rallies could last very long and Monfils is in a great shape(fitness)- better than David at the moment and I think in that way he will be the one who will be worn out first, although he always knew how to conserve energy in a long mathces in the past. It will be best if he can mix those strategies in a different stages of the match.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #65
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Here we are, match is about to start, any decent stream?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #66
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

on which court is he playing, can anyone tell me please?
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #67
country flag bibi_s

bibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
on which court is he playing, can anyone tell me please?
Louis Armstrong
bibi_s is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #68
country flag HeretiC

Already being broken
Old 08-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #69
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

All TV and live streams showing Serena at the moment. Bad start already, geez.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

1-4

Quote:

Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #71
country flag ja_som1

ja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond repute

had a few break chances but didnt use any
Old 08-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #72
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

win this please

Quote:

Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Old 08-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #73
country flag ja_som1

ja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond reputeja_som1 has a reputation beyond repute

another three breakballs in a row - nothing (0:40 - 4O:40)
Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #74
country flag ja_som1

what is he doing? 5:2
Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #75
country flag asampras

asampras is on a distinguished road

Could anyone provide any link of live stream on the match of nalbandian now?
asampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote