Feedback/comments/questions to the updated GM Rules - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feedback/comments/questions to the updated GM Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
Let us know your opinion and suggestions for improvement. If you have a good recipe for a good balance between fun, seriousness and worthy behaviour of posters, then let us know. (Unless you think that everything should be allowed and that the board or section shouldn't be moderated at all )
I haven't read it all yet...but as soon as I have a better idea, I'll let you know...and if I disagree with this one...I'll let you know too...

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Q. but story before - month or two ago there was a situation between two posters about putting someone elses post in signature. I've asked in that time one of the admins and he/she told me 'ONLY WITH PERMITION OF ORIGINAL POSTER'. In 'Scoobs/MTF new rulz I couldn't find this.

As a journalist I know very well what is intelectual property (internet included in laws), I think it must be one of rules but I ask - is it alllowed now?

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #18
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Manon::.. View Post
I have a Q. but story before - month or two ago there was a situation between two posters about putting someone elses post in signature. I've asked in that time one of the admins and he/she told me 'ONLY WITH PERMITION OF ORIGINAL POSTER'. In 'Scoobs/MTF new rulz I couldn't find this.

As a journalist I know very well what is intelectual property (internet included in laws), I think it must be one of rules but I ask - is it alllowed now?
Great question, Manon But the that would raise the question of having the quote facility at all. Must we ask permission to quote any post, at any time? Surely as long as the text of what the person said remains exactly as they wrote, there shouldn't be a problem. If people post something that they are ashamed or embarrassed by on a public form, maybe they should think twice before hitting the submit key

I have another. If someone is slandering you in a post, is it allowed? For example, if someone decrees that you would be capable of murder, or claims that you have teeth in your vagina ... is taht grounds for sanctions?

Let me know
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #19
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not these two posters from two months ago have nothing to do with you or me...just simple question.

Take care.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #20
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Manon::.. View Post
Believe it or not these two posters from two months ago have nothing to do with you or me...just simple question.

Take care.
I know exactly what you were talking about

Take care of you
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #21
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall anyone getting in trouble for innocently quoting someone else in their sig. I think if you post something on MTF, you can expect that anyone might repost or repeat it here - or somewhere else for that matter. Like you said Linda, the quote function would be useless, so I think it should be OK to quote people in your sig as long as it is accurate. There have been a few situations where people "quote a post" but change it around, edit it severely, or do something else to personally attack another poster, and that is not allowed.

I think it's not necessary to delve into the intellectual property aspects here, the admins have had issues from some picture agencies and in terms of videos, but as far as the IP of the posts people write here, I think we should mostly stay out of this unless it's something creative like someone posts a story or poem or something like that.

As far as defamation, I believe that'd fall under the category of insulting another poster, which isn't allowed in GM or anywhere else, so you (or whoever believes they are being insulted) should report the posts and let the appropriate moderators handle it and if you feel as though that doesn't fix the problem, you should PM the supermods and/or the mods of the section in question.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #22
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Thank you Deboogle!. a lot.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #23
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

my pleasure.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #24
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Which moderator moved the 'GOOCH' thread from GM to the Australian players forum? :retard:

This mod clearly shows a lack of ability to see the bigger picture -- it was a comic thread and the comedy was its essence, the fact that it was about Guccione was hardly relevant to its meaning. The 'King Hernandez' thread has had a similar function for a long time, and it was never moved, as had numerous other threads like the 'Pics Ferrer' thread and uncountable threads about Nadal etc.

A comic thread in GM like this one adds inmeasurably to the variety and enjoyment for people who follow GM.

In this particular case, I suspect a user ('RainerSexSlave') convinced a mod to move the thread because he didn't like the way a particular player he supports was portrayed in the thread (which he probably completely misunderstood).

Is it standard policy to remove threads from GM without due deliberation after a fan of player sends a PM to a mod because he doesn't like it?

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)

Last edited by TankingTheSet : 10-06-2008 at 09:27 PM.
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #25
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
Which moderator moved the 'GOOCH' thread from GM to the Australian players forum? :retard:

This mod clearly shows a lack of ability to see the bigger picture -- it was a comic thread and the comedy was its essence, the fact that it was about Guccione was hardly relevant to its meaning. The 'King Hernandez' thread has had a similar function for a long time, and it was never moved, as had numerous other threads like the 'Pics Ferrer' thread and uncountable threads about Nadal etc.

A comic thread in GM like this one adds inmeasurably to the variety and enjoyment for people who follow GM.
There was also talk about other players in that thread (Stepanek, Bogdanovic ) so it could be argued that the thread was of general interest. And threads where people have a laugh and are nice to each other are few and far between on GM. Surely such conviviality is to be encouraged?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #26
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

A decision was made a while ago by the admin to leave those threads (pics, etc) in GM, because they have been in GM for a very long time and were made before the new rules. so I can't do anything about those.

the gooch watch thread isn't a GM thread, and it was made only recently, so it was moved.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #27

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
A decision was made a while ago by the admin to leave those threads (pics, etc) in GM, because they have been in GM for a very long time and were made before the new rules. so I can't do anything about those.

the gooch watch thread isn't a GM thread, and it was made only recently, so it was moved.
Did you move it because RainerSexSlave complained about it to you personally?

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #28
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you move it because RainerSexSlave complained about it?
no one reported the post if that's what you're asking. did RainerSexSlave complain about it somewhere else?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #29

Quote:
no one reported the post if that's what you're asking. did RainerSexSlave complain about it somewhere else?
RainerSexSlave inadvertently posted a message with your name followed by a question mark in a second Gooch thread posted in GM after the first was deleted (presumably asking for you to remove it), clearly exposing him as being involved in the decision to remove the thread.

Quote:
I think you are not being completely honest here.

Last edited by TankingTheSet : 10-06-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #30
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

Quote:
RainerSexSlave inadvertently posted a message with your name followed by a question mark in a second Gooch thread posted in GM after the first was deleted (presumably asking for you to remove it), clearly exposing him as being involved in the decision to remove the thread.
I didn't see his post.