mods: how many million Fed threads do we really need - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #16
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mods: how many million Fed threads do we really need

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
It's too much bullshit and utter repetition. It's unbearable.
Exactly
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 03:29 AM   #17
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

4000+ posts and you still don't know that this thread doesn't belong in GM

But of course that doesn't stop you from giving mods advice
Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #18
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
i have respect for deb, scoobs, bad gambler, neely and the like. i dont really have much of a problem with them. however i do think that some mods sit by casually as the near endless and totally useless creation of Fed threads takes place. this happens in light of the fact that NO Nadal or Djokovic thread is given a chance to flourish.

its time we wake up. Fed is done. the new stories in tennis concern Nadal and Djokovic.

i also believe that some immature fools who are just ate up with hate like karin, glenn, and prima trolla should be kept in check and not allowed to insult and attack other posters the way they do. karin is not so bad but the other 2 are completely useless and contribute nothing but hate to this forum.

mimi i respect the way you conduct yourself on this forum. always so calm and so well composed. and most importantly, always truthful and objective.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #19
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
4000+ posts and you still don't know that this thread doesn't belong in GM

But of course that doesn't stop you from giving mods advice

all input, if taken in a constructive spirit, makes things better, not worse.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #20
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
all input, if taken in a constructive spirit, makes things better, not worse.
Sure. But why not post it in the right forum though?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:48 AM   #21
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

thanks but i am not as calm as you think, i sometimes exploded too, just that you did not know, lol

also, as you have said, now its Rafa's time to shine, so do enjoy as much as you could, peace

Quote:
i have respect for deb, scoobs, bad gambler, neely and the like. i dont really have much of a problem with them. however i do think that some mods sit by casually as the near endless and totally useless creation of Fed threads takes place. this happens in light of the fact that NO Nadal or Djokovic thread is given a chance to flourish.

its time we wake up. Fed is done. the new stories in tennis concern Nadal and Djokovic.

i also believe that some immature fools who are just ate up with hate like karin, glenn, and prima trolla should be kept in check and not allowed to insult and attack other posters the way they do. karin is not so bad but the other 2 are completely useless and contribute nothing but hate to this forum.

mimi i respect the way you conduct yourself on this forum. always so calm and so well composed. and most importantly, always truthful and objective.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:50 AM   #22
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:

i dont know much about the other forums. this particular forum is the only one that interests me.

i did explore Nadal`s forum once but got tired of it quickly.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:53 AM   #23
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
thanks but i am not as calm as you think, i sometimes exploded too, just that you did not know, lol

also, as you have said, now its Rafa's time to shine, so do enjoy as much as you could, peace
you are one of the coolest. you are right about Nadal. i think both the Clay Monster and the Serbian Slayer are out there making some major statements. i am also happy for Murray for his title in Cincy.

Serbian Slayer figures to be huge factor at the U.S. Open.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #24
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

Quote:
i dont know much about the other forums. this particular forum is the only one that interests me.

i did explore Nadal`s forum once but got tired of it quickly.
well, there are rules about posting threads in the proper forum (along with other rules about posting in GM, just click that link).

You can't ignore simple posting rules and then expect mods to listen to your requests.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:12 AM   #25

As the number of Roger's defeats increase the number of threads will decrease IMHO.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not, there is no secret conspiracy to keep Federer threads at the forefront of GM at the expense of Nadal, Djokovic etc.

News just in - threads are started by posters who want to discuss a particular subject and, like it or not, Federer's continuing fall from grace is still big news in the tennis world. You, Clay Death, may be "over it", but apparently a lot of the tennis world is not and so they continue to discuss it - different threads are discussing different matters arising from it - and any threads on the same topic are merged, same as usual. You can join in or just ignore it if it doens't interest you but it's not going to go away any time soon, I suspect - Federer is still news. Attempts to "compensate" for this by starting tons of Nadal threads won't work - different Nadal threads on different subjects are fine of course, but just starting a bunch of new threads to talk about the same things will just see them all get merged, same as usual.

What matters here is tolerance of subject matter that you personally don't care for. There are tons of threads in GM that I personally find a complete waste of space, but that doesn't mean they should be moved or merged - if I don't want to talk on those subjects, I just ignore them, and that's advice I would give to everyone else.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #27
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He wanted you to have the opportunity to do one thing right today? I dunno but its not a big deal, you're kinda avoiding the main topic?
Old 08-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #28
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

very fair and good post, as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Believe it or not, there is no secret conspiracy to keep Federer threads at the forefront of GM at the expense of Nadal, Djokovic etc.

News just in - threads are started by posters who want to discuss a particular subject and, like it or not, Federer's continuing fall from grace is still big news in the tennis world. You, Clay Death, may be "over it", but apparently a lot of the tennis world is not and so they continue to discuss it - different threads are discussing different matters arising from it - and any threads on the same topic are merged, same as usual. You can join in or just ignore it if it doens't interest you but it's not going to go away any time soon, I suspect - Federer is still news. Attempts to "compensate" for this by starting tons of Nadal threads won't work - different Nadal threads on different subjects are fine of course, but just starting a bunch of new threads to talk about the same things will just see them all get merged, same as usual.

What matters here is tolerance of subject matter that you personally don't care for. There are tons of threads in GM that I personally find a complete waste of space, but that doesn't mean they should be moved or merged - if I don't want to talk on those subjects, I just ignore them, and that's advice I would give to everyone else.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #29
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

deja vu soon?
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #30
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Totally.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote