Olympics Rd 2: Djokovic def Schüttler 6-4 6-2 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #16
country flag BalkanBoy

BalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics Rd 2: Djokovic def Schüttler 6-4 6-2

Keep going Nole !!!

Last edited by RagingLamb : 08-13-2008 at 04:05 AM.
BalkanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #17
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Nole.
zeleni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Novak was kinda more focused and his gameplan realization was better then yesterday.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #19
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
According to the german commentator, Djokovic not only won the Aussie Open title, he also won last year's US Open. It's amazing how he kept repeating the same mistake over and over.
I heard a Dutch commentator claiming yesterday that Rafa has won all GSs so far this year... - oh, how difficult it is to just get your simple facts right, no?

Congrats on the victory Djoko!

I didn't have the opportunity to see anything of this match, but to the folks over here that did, I'd like to ask you a question - how did Djoko deal with that horrible humidity? I've heard it sort-of killed Wawrinka today, and after having witnessed both Rafa and Roger looking as if they had just left the swimming pool in stead of a tennis court, I was just wondering...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #20
country flag platinum
Banned!

platinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond reputeplatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
Too bad, Shaker.

According to the german commentator, Djokovic not only won the Aussie Open title, he also won last year's US Open. It's amazing how he kept repeating the same mistake over and over.
platinum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I didn't have the opportunity to see anything of this match, but to the folks over here that did, I'd like to ask you a question - how did Djoko deal with that horrible humidity? I've heard it sort-of killed Wawrinka today, and after having witnessed both Rafa and Roger looking as if they had just left the swimming pool in stead of a tennis court, I was just wondering...
Just saw the re-run, and he seemed ok. Can't say I noticed anything extraordinary 'heavy' in his behavior, though he did some chest stretching and usual routine (moaning, arms on hips, funny glances and all that).

He was a bit restless while waiting on the return though.

However I do have some doubts over his medal prospects concerning the conditions. He was not really pushed today.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #22
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post
Just saw the re-run, and he seemed ok. Can't say I noticed anything extraordinary 'heavy' in his behavior, though he did some chest stretching and usual routine (moaning, arms on hips, funny glances and all that).

He was a bit restless while waiting on the return though.

However I do have some doubts over his medal prospects concerning the conditions. He was not really pushed today.
Thanks for your answer!
With his mild form of asthma, I expected him to struggle quite a bit, but apparently he dealt well with the conditions so far. That surely must have given him a bit of confidence, even if he hasn't yet been tested (the same fact goes for Roger and Rafa btw).

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #23
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post
Just saw the re-run
rts 2 ? im late, right?
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #24
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Solid enough for Nole, today is a dangerous match for him.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #25
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually today conditions were better then yesterday or most of the players adopted to them quite well. In a case of Novak -he looked just fine, although Rainer did not made him run that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
rts 2 ? im late, right?
Yes, you are.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #26
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for your answer!
With his mild form of asthma, I expected him to struggle quite a bit, but apparently he dealt well with the conditions so far. That surely must have given him a bit of confidence, even if he hasn't yet been tested (the same fact goes for Roger and Rafa btw).
You're welcome!

I'm no expert, nor esp informed poster, but as I understood from more knowlegable people and some interviews (mainly that of his and Rafas PR man Barbarilo), Nole has a classic case of undeveloped thorax (the part of the human body between the neck and the diaphragm, partially encased by the ribs and containing the heart and lungs; the chest) due to nose deviation that he operated on couple of years ago - his lungs couldn't develop properly when they were due.

Such condition, while common and not esp hard on ordinary people can greatly affect professional athletes who travel the world and are exposed to various climate conditions.

That coupled with immunity problems (that are kinda side effects to this small thorax thing), competitive frustrations and anxious moments in crunch time, can lead to severe falls of play, best seen at Monte Carlo when he retired against Roger.

I believe that he is a smart young man, and is surrounded with smart people (barring some exceptions) that advise him to take it easy. So I think that the best of him in competitive and trophy terms is not to be seen until some years in the future, when his medical condition is brought in proper order. Until that time, however, breakdowns of that stamina/anxiousness type will still exist.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #27
country flag LinkMage

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going, Novak!

You have a mission to accomplish.
LinkMage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 AM   #28
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, steady start from Novak.

Quote:
Off - Papa...Karin, is it you ?

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #29
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

djoker for gold
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote