LA Final Sunday - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #31
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Final Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
Tennis pre-match betting does not pay anyway, as we all know.
Nope, it does...as has already been explained to you, if you open your eyes and read.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #32
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

I apologise for not following that thread - now that I have done and read what you posted I cannot but disagree. In my experience there are many strategies that work short term ; none that works in the long term, however. Even trading itself is fraught with danger.

Quote:
Trading does that have advantage that, on occasions, you could "save" some of your initial stake if the match doesn't look like going your way.
You're starting from the wrong premise here, because your statement presupposes that you have already backed somebody at the beginning of the game -which initiates a fair degree of risk - then salvage some of the losses if things don't go your way - whereas I'm referring to backing the eventual winner in play. Luckily enough, mens tennis is a sport where you can predict the winner in play much easier than other sports and that happens in the vast majority of mens matches. But backing someone before the start involves a risk that could make you feel really embarassed and frustrated even after a few minutes into the match. A point in case was Roddick yesterday against Del Potro. There's no shame if you can chip away chunks of your potential profit when you can back the eventual winner or, in the worst case scenario, one who will give you opportunities to cover your liability.

Quote:
As Deivid said (and I hope I'm not mis-quoting him) in one of these threads only a matter of days ago, our task is to find inaccuracies in the odds (each individual will have a different idea)...so, to use your earlier example, Djokovic was a lot shorter than he ought to have been, yesterday, pre-match, allowing "value bettors" the opportunity to speculate. Different people have different strategies
To do that you need a vast knowledge of the sport as well as inside information that most bettors don't have. If your strategy is to exclude certain short odds - there has to be some strategy of that kind, we're talking about a finite predicament here whereby once you enter it you cannot get out of - then the 70% -80% success rate of the favourites is rendered irrelevant. If one seeks to back long odds and go for "value" I doubt many people would have the stomach to back it with substantial money and get into this irreversible predicament I mentioned above. Lack of patience and lack of discipline are part of human nature and as far gambling is concerned - an activity designed in such a way as to test your discipline to the limit - things can take a turn to the worse very easily.
Most people don't keep track of their bets here. If you can kindly point me to some of the most succesful bettors I would be very interested to follow their progress in the pre match betting and see what the outcome will be in the long run.
I'm curious...

Last edited by nastoff : 08-11-2008 at 08:51 AM.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #33
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Del Potro to beat Roddick - $3.00

gl freaks
easy money
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #34
country flag happy928

happy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
easy money
it always is after the wager get graded as a winner.