2008 Olympics - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
country flag Aquarianbabe

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2008 Olympics

Thought we should start a thread up for the Olympics since they start tomorrow.

I have posted a picture of Willy and other Argies to start with.

Monaco looks realy thin since his bout of pneumonia (sp!)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=642

If anyone wants to change the title go ahead.

Aquariangirl
Aquarianbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 Olympics

the title is perfectly fine for me

Vamos Willy!!!

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos team Argentina!!

4 players I all like very much so best of luck to them!! And of course to Willy
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be so hard for them leaving the cold season in Argentina and having to deal with the heat and humidity of Beijing...a bigger challenge for them than the guys who left the heat of Cincy. Good Luck to a great team.
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #5

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute

I think the guys will be fine as they train all the time in the heat. The smog will be the problem. Hoping that Willy has got his mojo back and plays really well. In the picture I thought he looked really relaxed and happy. Will his coach Gaston be going with him or is it just the Argentina team captain. Willy looked hott. Sorry just having a girl moment.

Aquariangirl
Old 08-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #6

I have posted the draw for you. Unfortunately if Willy gets through his first rd match Soderling is waiting for him in the 2nd round.

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medi...8_original.PDF

Aquariangirl
Old 08-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
country flag wedda

wedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond repute

I agree not the best draw but what's new so we have to deal with it. and frankly he has to beat players like Soderling if he wants to get back to where he was. Good Luck Willy
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #8

Ok I was scoreboard watching and Willy has retired. Snoo if you are around I thought you were joking about his wrist.

Aquariangirl
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

No he didn't retire the other guy retired, Niemeyer, Niemeyer won the first set then Willy went up 4-2 in the second and the other dude retired. I don't know what happened to Niemeyer, maybe he hurt himself, cuz he obviously was playing OK in the first set.

But I am under the impression that his wrist is not in good shape but this is cuz I convinced myself that I can read Portuguese, which I can't. But losing a set to Niemeyer is not reassuring, frankly I think Willy lucked out on that one...
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #10

I was just about to come and said he didn't retire. The reason I thought he retired was the scoreboard I was watching had retired against his name. Sorry for the confusion.

I am not pissed off anymore. Snoo I hope his wrist is going to hold up as I want him to play well and I think him and Nalby can do some damage in the doubles.

Nice to see you around btw.

Aquariangirl
Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #11
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy he got out of that match. Lucky really.

I hope he can play better against Soderling.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
country flag wedda

wedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond reputewedda has a reputation beyond repute

ok I have to say that was a rare flash of luck so I hope he makes the most out of it
Old 08-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #13

woohoo another stroke of good luck for Willy, Soderling loss. I have tried to insert a smiley but my computer won't let me. Hopefully Willy will play a lot better against the French dude. Dont know when his match will take place as there is a backlog of matches due to bad weather.

Also congrats to Nalby and JDMP for their wins today.

Aquariangirl
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #14

Fucking hell Nalby/Canas lost their doubles match. I am not happy. I have no other details.

Aquariangirl
Old 08-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianbabe View Post
woohoo another stroke of good luck for Willy, Soderling loss. I have tried to insert a smiley but my computer won't let me. Hopefully Willy will play a lot better against the French dude. Dont know when his match will take place as there is a backlog of matches due to bad weather.

Also congrats to Nalby and JDMP for their wins today.
Weel, the "French dude" is Simple Simon and he's been doing very good lately so I doubt it will be easier for Willy
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote