David Nalbandian in Davis Cup, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France, - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default David Nalbandian in Davis Cup, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France,

World Group
Semifinals
Palais des Sports de Gerland, Lyon (850 km from me)
Stadium Capacity: 5,910
17 September - 19 September 2010
Day 1: 13.30 hrs (11.30 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 15.00 hrs (13.00 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 13.00 hrs (11.00 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (Gerflor Masters 1000) - Indoors
Ball Type: Dunlop Fort All Court
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Nalbandian in Davis Cup 1, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France,

TIE PREVIEW

France and Argentina have met on four previous occasions and the Argentines are attempting to defeat France for the first time ever in Davis Cup. The two nations met at Roland Garros in 1952, 1955 and 1960 before the South Americans hosted the French in their last meeting in the 1982 World Group first round in Buenos Aires. Yannick Noah sealed the win for France by beating Ricardo Cano in the decisive fifth rubber.

This is the opponents’ first clash on hard court. Both teams reached this year’s semifinals by winning their first two rounds on indoor hard. Argentina had a more difficult route into the semifinals, with both ties going down to the fifth rubber, while France won both its ties with a day to spare.

France is competing in the semifinals for the first time since 2004, and Argentina for the sixth time in the last nine years. Argentina has reached the Davis Cup Final three times but is yet to lift the trophy, while France is a nine-time Davis Cup champion, most recently in 2001.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
country flag Stephan

Default Re: David Nalbandian in Davis Cup 1, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France,

David about Davis Cup:

Q: Do you forget about the US Open now and move on to the Davis Cup?

David: No, I just finished here. I'm not yet thinking about the Davis Cup.

Q: Monfils, Simon and Llodra have been confirmed [as being part of the French team]. Gasquet and Clement are now competing for a place on the team and they'll nominate Benneteau as fifth player, to see if he recovers from his wrist injury. What do you think?

David: Makes no difference to me. I'm going to play who I'm going to play. France has a very even team. The important thing is that we get there, well-prepared.

Q: You're going to be #29 or #30 now in the ranking.

David: That was the goal I set for myself for the end of this year. Now I've already achieved that... That's what's positive.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Nalbandian in Davis Cup, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France,

If Benneteau is not able to play double, then they''l call Clément (ex llodra partner)
Monfils and Simon will play singles
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
If Benneteau is not able to play double, then they''l call Clément (ex llodra partner)
Monfils and Simon will play singles
Can we conclude that David will play in all situations?
Or only in singles?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose Zeballos/Schwank will play double ??? It'll depend of the results after the first 2 singles. If it's 1/1, David will probably play double to have more chance to win it ?
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
country flag Stephan

"Francia es más difícil que Rusia"

"France is more difficult than Russia"
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1302491
Google (poor) translation
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Tito Vazquez defined the team: Monaco, Nalbandian, Zeballos Schwank and play next week for a place in the final of the tournament, even with "low key", the captain knows it will be a tough opponent. By Maximiliano Boso / THE NATION
September 8, 2010 - 00:59
Tito Vazquez hopes to lead Argentina to the quarter final of Davis Cup history - Maximiliano Boso ArchivoPor
THE NATION

Form a Davis Cup team is never a minor decision, but sometimes the equipment is more sung than others. If this time there were many more assurances that the presence of David Nalbandian, U.S. Open moved the shelf as a few times. For that and other reasons the determination of Modesto Vazquez was not either. To measure with France between 17 and 19 of the current, next week, those elected were Juan Monaco (32 of the ranking), David Nalbandian (33 °), Eduardo Schwank (57 °) and Horacio Zeballos (61 °). Along the way were Leonardo Mayer and Juan Ignacio Chela.

Federico Delbonis as sparring, will travel tomorrow, with the coaching staff and Monaco, while Nalbandian will join in the scale of Madrid, and Zeballos Schwank and when they finish their participation in the U.S. Open.

In a multitude of options, the most concrete and it seems that Monaco will be Nalbandian and Schwank-Zeballos singlistas double. Thus, Nalbandian will play No. 2 and an eventual fifth point, as it happened in previous installments of obligation, because their ranking was too low. However, any outside Monaco singlista this time would give Nalbandian the No. 1 and the possibility of playing the first game on Sunday. Even if this possibility could be Schwank Zeballos or play singles the first day. Of course that would remove Monaco for singles, because the No. 1 real one can not replace lower ranking.

Of course this is speculation with no results. And Tito Vazquez knows, as he said yesterday in an interview with La Nacion. "First I thought the players who are to form part of the team. Leo is going through a no confidence, had the clarity to say he was not mentally prepared for the series, which would not be good for the team. Chela is more focused on the circuit playing five-set Davis, with that responsibility, but it was one of the few considered until the last minute to join the team. Pico has credit, often played by the delivery was important. In Ostrava, had a decent game against Berdych, two sets to one up and 2-1 in the fourth. "

- But what happens if you reach the fifth item?

"Do not talk of assumptions, I hope we get to the fifth point, we'll see who plays. Sometimes, the second singlistas have changed. We'll see how we are there, who is best and what happens. No matter who is one or two, regardless of who can beat whom. The team is determined, then I go day after day. There are five hard points and each player has to play their best to work with some point.

"So the logic that it is Nalbandian 2 of the team so far was good.

-Mayer won a singles point in Stockholm and won the doubles in Russia. What is the logic?

- Do you feel that you are still having a bit of luck? Tsonga Benneteau will not either.

"Without doubt they are important players. It is also hard to say something because we have to see what happens that day. For us it is important that Schwank and Zeballos are winning in doubles at the U.S. Open. Hopefully they are on track to become an important partner because it is a team game and you have to play as many games as possible to understand you with your partner with your eyes closed. All five games can lose or win. France is definitely the favorite. The statistics say: we won all four times. You should go with the humility of long talk the day after, and work and not be looking if he wins this or that. It is thought, but more important is the team. And the good news is that we will be together for several days before the series, as we do in Ostrava.

- Is there anything like the series with Russia now? It seems more accessible than before.

"No, France is deeper than Russia. It has a double replacement stronger and more important. With Spain are the two largest players have a certain level. To me it's more difficult for Russia.

- Sweat a lot with everything that happened?

"Unfortunately, this was the parameter since we started to drink and, fortunately, now I went to France, something that had not happened to the rest of the teams.

Last edited by Stephan : 09-09-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute

First Training in Lyon

http://www.canchallena.com/1303339-c...ientos-en-lyon

Entry: - (Career High: - )

Race: -

W: Delray Beach 10 ,
canas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
country flag Stephan

5 days to go...

Contr-partners of France :

Gael MONFILS

Date Of Birth 01 Sep 1986
Place of birth Paris, France
Height 6'4" / 1.93m
Residence Nyon, Switzerland
Handed Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Singles Ranking 19
Doubles Ranking 247

Michael LLODRA

Date Of Birth 18 May 1980
Place of birth Paris, France
Height 6'3" / 1.90m
Residence Rueil Malmaison, France
Handed Left Handed
Singles Ranking 35
Doubles Ranking 27

Richard GASQUET

Date Of Birth 18 Jun 1986
Place of birth Beziers, France
Height 6'1" / 1.85m
Residence Neuchatel, Switzerland
Handed Right Handed
Singles Ranking 38
Doubles Ranking 336

Gilles SIMON

Date Of Birth 27 Dec 1984
Place of birth Nice, France
Height 5'11" / 1.80m
Residence Neuchatel, Switzerland
Singles Ranking 42
Doubles Ranking 710

Team Captain
Guy FORGET

Last edited by Stephan : 09-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
country flag Stephan

team of Argentina

Juan MONACO

Date Of Birth 29 Mar 1984
Place of birth Tandil, Argentina
Height 6'1" / 1.85m
Residence Buenos Aires, Argentina
Singles Ranking 32
Doubles Ranking 79

David NALBANDIAN

Date Of Birth 01 Jan 1982
Place of birth Cordoba, Argentina
Height 5'11" / 1.80m
Residence Cordoba, Argentina
Singles Ranking 33
Doubles Ranking 666

Eduardo SCHWANK

Date Of Birth 23 Apr 1986
Place of birth Rosario, Argentina
Height 6'0" / 1.82m
Residence Rosario, Argentina
Singles Ranking 57
Doubles Ranking 54

Horacio ZEBALLOS

Date Of Birth 27 Apr 1985
Place of birth Mar Del Plata
Height 6'2" / 1.88m
Residence Buenos Aires, Argentina
Handed Left Handed
Singles Ranking 61
Doubles Ranking 43

Team Captain
Tito VAZQUEZ

Last edited by Stephan : 09-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
country flag Stephan

why Chela out of the list,
somebody knows?
I think he could contribute to the Argentinian team ...
Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for it !! nalbyfan told me the argentine team practiced in a place which was few minutes from where I live by foot, I just can't believe I missed that opportunity !
Old 09-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take a page out of Stephan's book and ask all fans to vote for Argentina to win the Davis Cup: Serbia is so far the big favorite and blowing all the other choices out, but if Del Potro could come back in time for the Final (assuming Argentina gets past France )....

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=168662
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #14
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolby View Post
I'll take a page out of Stephan's book and ask all fans to vote for Argentina to win the Davis Cup: Serbia is so far the big favorite and blowing all the other choices out, but if Del Potro could come back in time for the Final (assuming Argentina gets past France )....

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=168662
Nice poll, Nolby
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Nice poll, Nolby
Thanks, Stephan!

I'm trying my best to explain how Nalby can take out the entire country of France. He needs Del Pony's help against Serbia though.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote