The Olympics - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Olympics

Good to see that he's motivated, hopefully his body is able to keep up with what his mind wants. Good luck to David.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #17
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone! I haven't been here in such a long time, I don't even know if you remember me anymore LOL
Any way,I was reading this article and I wanted to share it with you, for old time sakes.

http://www2.lavoz.com.ar/especiales/...nota_id=229756

THE DAY IN WHICH CAÑAS AND NALBANDIAN CRIED
Tennis player Guillermo Cañas expressed today his satisfaction for the first Olympic medal gotten for Argentina, from the Judo player Paula Pareto. He said that "that olimpic spirit is the one I came looking for", and confessed that Nalbandian and himself cried with emotion.

Cañas told us an anecdote from the olimpic village, about the young judo plaer, who became the first argentinian in the histoy of that sport to get a medal in the olympic games.

"It was a very special situation, we had finished training in the afternoon and with David (Nalbandian ) and Diego Rivas we wanted to go to the gym and exersise and bit more. There was the tv on in there and the judo competition was on and we saw there was a tiny argentinian flag. "the guys must be competing, let's get togethe",I said to the rest", started telling us his story.

"Near the tv, there was a group of cubans who were also judo players. So when we started to watch, we saw there was a discussion with a referee and we started to ask what was going on cause we didn't understand anything. the Cubans told us that the Argetinian had won and it was for a medal. So we sticked around a bit longer." added Cañas.

"We saw it through till they gave her the medal. In that moment, we were right in front of the tv and were watching a very emotional moment. So a tear fell, but I dind't want to see behind me cause there were David and Rivas. So I look to one side and saw that David was also crying. Are you moved?, I asked him. "Yes, I'm also moved, he said"

The story doesn't end there. "At night, I had to go to sleep early, but we all wanted to keep feeling the joy. So, some of us stick around outside the hotel, we were like ten, talking about life and she arrived. It was an amazing moment, all of us clapping and chanting... The guys from judo had brought a flag for her", went on with his story.
"I don't think it was planned to have that medal on the very first day of the competition. But living that olimpic spirit, what we felt in the ceremony and in this moment, which I didn't live it personally, but from a side of it, was just what I came here looking for".
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #18
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

jazz
Missed you here Thanks for the article, it's really nice.

Hope David and canas can win medals too (singles, doubles, or maybe both )
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Monday OoP

COURT 5

Match start at 10:30 am
(7) David NALBANDIAN (ARG) vs. Shaoxuan ZENG (CHN)
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

David is also playing doubles tomorrow.

COURT 8

not before 17:00
Guillermo CANAS/David NALBANDIAN (ARG) vs. Steve DARCIS/Olivier ROCHUS (BEL)
Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Go david

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #22
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

Now ATP is kind of boring, I need Nalby back, hope he is fit for USO.
And Vamossssssssss at Olympics
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #23
country flag *Raine

*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute

at that article, I'm happy for Argentina.

Yay David for his win today. He's one of my favorite players and it's good to see him win again.

| San Antonio Spurs | NY Mets| Pittsburgh Penguins
~Cristiano Ronaldo ~ Albert Pujols ~ Ricky Rubio
*Raine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #24
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done David!

good luck against massu

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #25
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

A nice and easy victory for David as expected today. Hopefully he can end Massu's title defence.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #26
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #27
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

he looks in good form doesn't he ? vamos david !
Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #28
country flag Getta

David and Willy lost to Darcis and O.Rochus 7-6(6) 6-7(5) 3-6.

Rather surprising. Oh well. This should keep David focus absolutely on what's happening in singles.

Last edited by Getta : 08-11-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #29
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Massu next, eh? Olympics ...hmmm, should be fun.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #30
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
Massu next, eh? Olympics ...hmmm, should be fun.
Was it then in Estoril four months ago when you started adoring Roger?

Missed you, Claudia.