LA Reports, Pics, Videos (Thursday Report Post 91, pics now up) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #46
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Practice Day Report (Pictures and Videos of everyone now posted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Well, what's so strange is that he was VERY clear last week in saying this is NOT the shoulder injury, that the shoulder is fine..... but everything he did/didn't do yesterday doesn't make sense with this sore neck unless some kind of pinched nerve is involved. I don't know, it's strange. But if he can't serve and hit forehands, I don't see how he can do very well at this event. Really bizarre. But if he's not being honest about what it is, there's no way for us to really know I guess.

I hope your injury heals asap though!
Thanks, I just know that when people say shoulder, most immediately think of the front of the shoulder. It looks to me like Roddicks is in the back of his shoulder, and does have some nerves involved. According to my ortho, that's what puts pressure on the trap, which in turn tightens up the neck. That's when I noticed the other day that A-Rod had similar limitations in movement that I do. Hopefully his will heal quickly, he's a lot younger than me. Thanks for your kind words..
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #47
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: LA Practice Day Report (Pictures, Videos coming soon)

Quote:
Verdasco Practicing 2
Roddick Practicing 1
Roddick Practicing 2
Roddick goofing off and practicing volleys
Roddick practicing volleys
Roddick goofing off - I'm not sure what he was trying to do, but he did it like 5 times during the practice and was really amused with himself for trying.
Roddick practices running down dropshots
Roddick Practicing - you can see the messed up FHs here
Roddick 2-minute drill 1 - hadn't seen this one before - he was running around slicing while John fed him balls, and I guess the goal was to keep the ball in play for 2 min while they were timed on a stopwatch
Roddick 2-minute drill 2
Holy Fucking Shit...
Awesome pics Deb!

As usual some of the best candid pics around, Thanks for sharing.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #48
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Practice Day Report (Pictures, Videos coming soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
Thanks for posting these. Sheesh...JMPD looks even more fragile and gangly when he goes shirtless. He just seems so thin!

Deb- did you see any of Fernando's interactions with fans? I have heard several accounts from different tournaments about how Verdasco is one of the nicest guys on tour.
Well for a skinny guy, JMDP hits the bejeesus out of the ball he looked very gangly and skinny and tall in person, more so than i had remembered before. But man, he was crushing it.

As for Verdasco, I've seen him practice before at IW and honestly, never really seen much interaction with fans (I left his first practice before it was over, some guys were waiting for him to sign their tennis stuff, but I don't know what happened).... but in general he seems always to be in a pretty good mood - intense during practices, but smiling and stuff like that, so I can't say for sure based on what I myself have witnessed in terms of actual fan interaction, but he definitely seems like a good-natured guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Thanks, I just know that when people say shoulder, most immediately think of the front of the shoulder. It looks to me like Roddicks is in the back of his shoulder, and does have some nerves involved. According to my ortho, that's what puts pressure on the trap, which in turn tightens up the neck. That's when I noticed the other day that A-Rod had similar limitations in movement that I do. Hopefully his will heal quickly, he's a lot younger than me. Thanks for your kind words..
Well, his shoulder problem that took him out of RG and should've taken him out of Wimbledon was an inflamed rotator cuff. He says that's healed. This one, he said, was on the left side of his neck near the spine but on the left side. I have no idea beyond what he says in press conferences. Maybe your ortho is better than Andy's doctors and they haven't discovered the real problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
Holy Fucking Shit...
Awesome pics Deb!

As usual some of the best candid pics around, Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked them

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #49
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Deb- did you see any of Fernando's interactions with fans? I have heard several accounts from different tournaments about how Verdasco is one of the nicest guys on tour.
Quote:
As for Verdasco, I've seen him practice before at IW and honestly, never really seen much interaction with fans (I left his first practice before it was over, some guys were waiting for him to sign their tennis stuff, but I don't know what happened).... but in general he seems always to be in a pretty good mood - intense during practices, but smiling and stuff like that, so I can't say for sure based on what I myself have witnessed in terms of actual fan interaction, but he definitely seems like a good-natured guy
Agree here. When I ran into him at IW, he finished practiced already and about to leave. I stopped and asked him to take a picture for Sjoukje He's patiently waited for me to get my picture perfect
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #50
country flag Pigpen Stinks

Pigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Deb. Although, I'm surprised that you haven't been bitched out yet for placing this in GM rather than the tournament thread.
Pigpen Stinks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #51
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

There are other report/pics/video threads by posters in GM. And if result threads of a tournament are in GM, what's wrong with report threads?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #52
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

lovely stuff Deb

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #53
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen Stinks View Post
Good job, Deb. Although, I'm surprised that you haven't been bitched out yet for placing this in GM rather than the tournament thread.
I'd bitch right back, I've been posting tourney pics and reports for at least 3 years and so have lots of other people

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #54
country flag Pigpen Stinks

Pigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
There are other report/pics/video threads by posters in GM. And if result threads of a tournament are in GM, what's wrong with report threads?
Nada. I was poking fun at those that get offended by misplaced threads.
Pigpen Stinks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #55
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Any pics of sexy Amer Delic? Preferably shirtless...
Hiii alex! My exams aren't done yet, i finish on the 26th Aw hun, at least now your college work is done you have less distractions from the task at hand Try and stay calm, be strong and have confidence in the wonderful person you are! x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #56
country flag Deboogle!.

No, he was playing qualifying at the time and I was too lazy to take the hike up to those courts unfortunately. If I go back, I will look for him of course b/c he's one of my favorites

Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #57
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They're all cordial to each other and shake hands and say hi when they're coming and going.... except for one poor lonely ignored soul. Poor Vinny Ice (today all decked out in his purple blinged hat with his fro logo ) has no friends - not even his compatriot Isner says hello. Later I heard this guy telling someone on the phone that Spadea's hitting partner didn't show up so he was throwing up balls for himself and hitting shots off them
Poor Vinnay Ice. He ain't got no friends, no style, no game, no nothing. He is the ultimate loveable loser, I guess. I wonder if he realizes that people are laughing at him when they ask for a photo.

Quote:
I know he's my favorite so I'm hardly unbiased, but I like a wole lot of the other players I saw today too and I can easily say Roddick is by far the most entertaining player to watch in practice - joking around, interacting with the fans, being in general silly like hitting funny shots to be intentionally funny, and messing around with his team, he's the only one who looks like he's having any fun or who cares that the fans are there.
Andy. It's unreal how popular this frat boy jerk is. I don't get it.

Thanks for the report and photos.

Quote:
My own experience with Verdasco at DC can back this up: he is absolutely one of the nicest, most approachable guys on tour. I was very surprised how friendly and accessible he was. It's hard not to be charmed by him.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 08-05-2008 at 05:44 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #58
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

looks like Verdasco has the best body of all players in LA
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #59
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a thread about funny pics
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #60
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
I thought this was a thread about funny pics
Um, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
looks like Verdasco has the best body of all players in LA
Well in my opinion, yes

Alright, looks as though i'm going back today, so I will take more pics and try to be more creative with my reporting