Favourite Quotes - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #121
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourtie Quotes

"When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?" - Frank Costello "The Departed"
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #122
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

A well-written life is almost as rare as a well-spent one.
Thomas_Carlyle
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #123
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Love says "I am everything". Wisdom says "I am nothing". Between the two, my life flows.
-Nisargadatta Maharaj
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #124
country flag Punky

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little bit insecure. I make mistakes that get out of control; and
are hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worse, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"-Marilyn Monroe.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #125
country flag Minotaur

Minotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond reputeMinotaur has a reputation beyond repute

'We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.'

- Woodrow Wilson

'A sense of proportion is a great quality invented by a human, however, in fact it's not well spread among people'

- My own
Minotaur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #126
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

"Life is a progress, and not a station." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Guest12315544 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #127
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

"You can get just so much from a good thing
You can linger too long in your dreams
Say goodbye to the "Oldies But Goodies"
Cause the good ole days weren't always good
And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems" - Billy Joel "Keeping the Faith"
Old 01-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #128
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

"The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch."Jim Rohn.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #129
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship, never." - Charles Caleb Colton
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #130
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

"Her grandmother spoke to her often of men and she spoke with great earnestness and she said that rash men were a great temptation to women and this was simply a misfortune like others and there was little that could be done to remedy it. She said that to be a woman was to live a life of difficulty and heartbreak and those who said otherwise simply had no wish to face the facts. And she said that since this was so nor could it be altered one was better to follow one’s heart in joy and in misery than simply to seek comfort for there was none. To seek it was only to welcome in the misery and to know little else. She said that these were things all women knew yet seldom spoke of. Lastly she said that if women were drawn to rash men it was only that in their secret hearts they knew that a man who would not kill for them was of no use at all.”

Cormac Mccarthy, The Crossing.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #131
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #132
country flag Pfloyd

"When asked to explain the meaning of a term X to someone who, while more or less fluent in our language , does not know this specific term, we invariably respond with a potentially endless series of synonyms, paraphrases or descriptions of situations in which the use of the term would be appropriate. In this way, through the very failure of our endeavor we circumscribe an empty space, the place for the right word- precisely the word one is trying to explain. So at one point, after our paraphrases fail, all we can do is to conclude in exasperation: "In short, it is X!" Far from functioning as a simple admission of our failure, however this can effectively generate an insight - if, that is through our failed paraphrases we have successfully circumscribed the place of the term to be explained" - Slavoj Žižek
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #133
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That was some quote Pfloyd! I can't compete with Pfloyd so I won't try, but I found this quote that I thought was very funny.

"I'm tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want--an adorable pancreas?" - Jean Kerr
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #134
country flag Pfloyd

Thanks Mae, but this is not a competition, your quotes are fabulous too! Sorry I can't good rep you back, I have to spread too much rep around!

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #135
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have never been able to figure that out? "Sorry I can't good rep you back, I have to spread too much rep around!" I think we should be able to Rep anyone we want to whenever we want to Rep them

"For an impenetrable shield, stand inside yourself." - Thoreau