Favourite Quotes - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #91
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourtie Quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana" - Groucho Marx
May be even better than the Mae West Quotes

Speaking of which "There are no good girls gone wrong-just bad girls found out." - Mae West
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #92
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

those words touched me so much

"God has called them all home. For those of us who remain, let us find the strength to carry on, and make our country worthy of their memory.
May God bless and keep those we've lost in His heavenly place. May He grace those we still have with His holy comfort. And may He bless and watch over this community, and the United States of America"

President Obama
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #93
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
those words touched me so much

"God has called them all home. For those of us who remain, let us find the strength to carry on, and make our country worthy of their memory.
May God bless and keep those we've lost in His heavenly place. May He grace those we still have with His holy comfort. And may He bless and watch over this community, and the United States of America"

President Obama
I agree, but things are so bad in the U.S. I'm surprised some group or the other isn't upset that the President of the U.S. spoke of God!

"It is better to light one little candle than to curse the darkness." - Chinese proverb
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #94
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Have faith Mae, it won't rain all the time
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #95
country flag Featherer

Featherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"The WTA believes that all human beings, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or otherwise, should be treated equally. This is a fundamental right and principle, including within the world of sport. Anyone advocating otherwise is advocating against fundamental and essential rights."
Wow, that's just great!
So Rainer Schuettler is allowed to make a comeback on the WTA tour?!

"Tennis must be a bourgeois sport, and so are its fans." Echoes

"Fed demolishing Dimitrov will be normal, boring, mundane. We have enough of it in our lives already.
We want something unusual, wonderful and unexpected, turning point, magic.
Hence everybody hyping Dimitrov. We want a fairy tale.
"
Riff
Featherer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #96
country flag Punky

Lol I have no idea who is he . But sure why not ( I think...)

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #97
country flag Featherer

Featherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope the WTA authorities would give precisely that same answer.

"Fed demolishing Dimitrov will be normal, boring, mundane. We have enough of it in our lives already.
"
Riff

Last edited by Featherer : 12-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #98
country flag Punky

But it's a make....why wta?

Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #99
country flag Featherer

Smile Re: Favourtie Quotes

"Give every day the chance to be the best of your life." (Mark Twain)

"
Riff
Old 12-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #100
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
He was a German ATP player that has retired now so if the WTA believes that everyone should be treated equally and they did mention gender in that a man should be able to play in the WTA! Personally I think it would improve the WTA greatly

"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." - Will Rogers
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #101
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on." - Robert Frost
Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #102
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Courage is not knowing when to take a mans life, but knowing when to spare one

It was in the Hobbit

Do you have enemies? Good, that means you have stood up for something in your life
and
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm

Both Churchill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #103
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

I'm a Churchill fan, but I have no idea when or why he said this "A joke is a very serious thing."

Last edited by Mae : 12-27-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #104
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

"It's always night, or we wouldn't need light" - Thelonius Monk
I'm gonna get me a motor car Maybe a Jaguar Maybe a plane or day of fame I'm gonna be a millionaire So can you take me there? Wanna be wild 'cos my life's so tame Here am I, going nowhere on a train Here am I, growing older in the rain
- "Going Nowhere" Oasis
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #105
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
I'm a Churchill fan, but I have no idea when on why he said this "A joke is a very serious thing."
it's usually said that the things one doesn't dare to say seriously are said in a joking manner.

churchill was a prick, though. don't be a fan of him.