Favourite Quotes - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourtie Quotes

Most quotes given on this thread (but mine of course) are unspeakable horrors for me. And some of their authors too.

I guess, tennis must be a bourgeois sport, and so are its fans.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
genius

there was a conversation between an english privateer and a french pirate the english captured. it went a bit like this

limey: you french purely fight for money while we, the english, fight for dignity and honour.
frenchie: a man fights for what he lacks the most!
Bullshit. I have never heard of a frenchie fighting for a deodorant.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #33
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Most quotes given on this thread (but mine of course) are unspeakable horrors for me. And some of their authors too.

I guess, tennis must be a bourgeois sport, and so are its fans.

Normal post from you
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #34
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
"A Cock, scratching for food for himself and his hens, found a precious stone; on which he said: "If thy owner had found thee, and not I, he would have taken thee up, and have set thee in thy first estate; but I have found thee for no purpose. I would rather have one barleycorn than all the jewels in the world."

Aesop.
Well, that might work for the cock, but a wise man would know how many bushels of barleycorn a precious stone can buy.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #35
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

"Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #36
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

The following one are true great quotes:

"Distrust these cosmopolitans who pride themselves on loving Tartars in order to be exempted from loving their neighbours"

Rousseau

"Mechanize the world as fully as
it might be mechanized, and whichever way you turn there will be some
machine cutting you off from the chance of working--that is, of living."

George Orwell (in "The Road to Wigan Pier")

"Normally I don't believe in big things, you know. I believe the world will be saved by millions of small things."

Pete Seeger (This is for all the GStards on GM)

“You may be sure that the Americans will commit all the stupidities they can think of, plus some that are beyond imagination.”
“I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.”
"There's a 20 century pact between France's greatness and the World's freedom"

All by General de Gaulle

"War is politics by other means"

Carl von Clausewitz

"You are Capitalism's useful idiot"

Éric Zemmour to Costa-Gavras

"You are terrorism's useful idiot"

Éric Zemmour to Bernard-Henri Levy

"A world won to Technique is lost to Freedom"

Georges Bernanos (in "La France contre les robots")
Old 07-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #37
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

A Zemmour worshipper. La tare ultime.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #38
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

“You may be sure that the Americans will commit all the stupidities they can think of, plus some that are beyond imagination.” Well as an American I can truly agree with this quote! We keep doing the same stupid things while expecting to get different results! And I don't know who said this, but it applies here--"Insanity is to keep doing the same things the same way all the time and expecting difference results."

Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #39
country flag Echoes

I think American governments were referred to, here, not the people.

By the way, lacks some Pasolini quotes here:

"The anxiety to consume is an anxiety to obey an unspoken order. Everyone in Italy feels the degrading anxiety to be equal to others in consuming, in being happy, in being free: because this is the order he has unconsciously received, and which he must obey, to avoid feeling "different." Never has being different been such an appalling crime as it is now, in this time of tolerance."

(in "Corsair Writings")

So, accurate.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #40
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

The American Government is supposed to represent the American people, but they don't! And as an American I still totally agree with that quote!

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain

Sorry I'm not up to your standards in quotes, but you are obviously much smarter than I am!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #41
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

"If we can't live together, we're all going to die alone" - Jack Shephard.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #42
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

"Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die." - Brian Vaszily.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #43
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Bullshit. I have never heard of a frenchie fighting for a deodorant.
i once flew from europe to my country next to a frenchie. i hadn't slept in 2 days, travelled over several places accross johannesburg, south africa, and madrid, spain, and hadn't taken a shower in over 4 days so i was smelling like shit. the type of smell even you can smell and say "crap, i really do smell like shit". poor french was nice though. we chatted during the 12 hours of the flight and never complained about how bad i was smelling... the obvious idea is that he was used to it being french and all, i guess, but i rather think he was a nice bloke.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #45
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

"George, I think we've outgrown full-time education." - Fred
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote