Box office is finished - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
country flag monfed

monfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Box office is finished

Not one good blockbuster I saw this year in theatres except edge of tomorrow. I think part of the problem is that aren't good directors like Tony Scott who could make a great popcorn film that everyone could enjoy. These days movie directors go for too much in terms of either special effects or trying too hard to be deep and forgetting that the audiences just wanna have some fun. Who cares about these critics who bash films if they're not oscar material? They don't care about you/me, they just wanna give movies that cover serious topics as great. It's BS quite frankly.

Notice how action movies these days or any big summer blockbuster is 2 hours long, earlier it used to be 90-100 mins. Nice taut thrillers that were engaging and everyone could sit back n enjoy. What happened?

Also notice how TV shows are more interesting than movies these days. Game of Thrones, Homeland, Suits etc are more interesting and engaging than a 2 hour crapfest. Why is this happening and when will movies be simply fun to watch again? You know action films like Enemy of the state/ Crimson Tide/Independence day?

hipolymer: "20 year old DJokovic straight setted hard court GOAT in semis of slam but any problem cannot be found?

GOAT argument "

hipolymer fan.
monfed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #2
country flag Capuccino

Capuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Box office is finished

Forget about Hollywood, it's nothing compared to Bollywood. Plus you are lucky to be Indian and have a full understanding of those masterpieces.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #3
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capuccino View Post
Forget about Hollywood, it's nothing compared to Bollywood. Plus you are lucky to be Indian and have a full understanding of those masterpieces.
The raw power of Bollywood overwhelms any aesthetic.

On topic, why do you feel there aren't any good "popcorn directors" left? Why discount Chris Columbus, Micheal Bay, Wolfgang Petersen, Joss Whedon, John Woo(though the last two are actually good storytellers). And then there's another league of Chris Nolan, Peter Jackson, Micheal Mann, David Fincher, Spielberg, DePalma, Scorsese, all great storytellers capable of blockbuster entertainment.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
Why is this happening and when will movies be simply fun to watch again? You know action films like Enemy of the state/ Crimson Tide/Independence day?
Watch Lucy then, it's short, fun and even it did very well at the box office. Same goes for John Wick as I've understood, though I have yet to watch it. Also The Expendables last summer, The Equalizer should be good too, and so on.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
Not one good blockbuster I saw this year in theatres except edge of tomorrow. I think part of the problem is that aren't good directors like Tony Scott who could make a great popcorn film that everyone could enjoy. These days movie directors go for too much in terms of either special effects or trying too hard to be deep and forgetting that the audiences just wanna have some fun. Who cares about these critics who bash films if they're not oscar material? They don't care about you/me, they just wanna give movies that cover serious topics as great. It's BS quite frankly.

Notice how action movies these days or any big summer blockbuster is 2 hours long, earlier it used to be 90-100 mins. Nice taut thrillers that were engaging and everyone could sit back n enjoy. What happened?

Also notice how TV shows are more interesting than movies these days. Game of Thrones, Homeland, Suits etc are more interesting and engaging than a 2 hour crapfest. Why is this happening and when will movies be simply fun to watch again? You know action films like Enemy of the state/ Crimson Tide/Independence day?
Maybe you are just growing up and need to move on to movies for grown ups.
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #6
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

I hate how everything is PG these days. The new Terminator is going to be a PG-13. Ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #7
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Just cause the movie is shitty doesn't mean it won't make a lot in the box office
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:12 PM   #8
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I hate how everything is PG these days. The new Terminator is going to be a PG-13. Ridiculous.
It's going to be garbage anyway, being slightly more violent wouldn't change much.
Police Of Mind is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote