AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 gone missing - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 gone missing

Just out

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627

Quote:
An AirAsia Indonesia airliner flying from Indonesia to Singapore with 162 people on board has gone missing.

Flight QZ8501 lost contact with air traffic control at 06:24 local time (23:24 GMT Saturday) over the Java Sea.

The plane, an Airbus A320-200, disappeared midway into the flight of more than two hours from the city of Surabaya. No distress call was made.

Bad weather was reported in the area, and an air search operation has now been suspended for the night.

Planes from Indonesia and Singapore had been scouring an area of sea between Kalimantan (Borneo) and Java. Some boats were reported to be continuing to search as night fell.

No wreckage has been found, an Indonesian official told the BBC.

AirAsia's Chief Executive Tony Fernandes, who has flown to Surabaya, said: "We don't want to speculate but right now of course the plane has been missing for 12 hours and there's a deep sense of depression here.

"This is a massive shock to us and we are devastated by what has happened. It's unbelievable."

He said the captain had more than 20,500 flight hours, almost 7,000 of them with AirAsia.

The flight left Surabaya in eastern Java at 05:35 local time (22:35 GMT) and was due to arrive in Singapore at 08:30 (00:30 GMT).

The missing jet had requested a "deviation" from the flight path to avoid thick storm clouds, AirAsia said.

Indonesia's transport ministry said the pilot had asked permission to climb to 38,000ft (11,000m).

Ministry official Djoko Murjatmodjo said the request "could not be approved at that time due to traffic, there was a flight above, and five minutes later [flight QZ8501] disappeared from radar".

Flight QZ8501 was supposed to arrive early this morning. Hours later the families of the passengers gathered here have very little information.

Airport officials are keeping them well away from the media and trying to make them comfortable.

The scenes at Changi are reminiscent of those in Kuala Lumpur immediately after MH370 went missing in March: anxious relatives waiting for any news on their loves ones, a media frenzy, but no answers.

A few hours ago many of the relatives at the crisis centre in the airport still seemed calm - glued to their phones, perhaps trying to find any news of the plane or stay in touch with friends and loved ones

But more than 12 hours since the plane took off they are looking increasingly worried. Officials still have no idea what happened to the aircraft. The governor of East Java, Soekarwo, the mayor of Surabaya, Tri Rismaharini, and the chief executive of AirAsia, Tony Fernandes, have come to talk to the relatives to assure them that all is being done to locate the missing Airbus.
line

This has been a difficult year for aviation in Asia: Malaysia's national carrier Malaysia Airlines has suffered two losses - flights MH370 and MH17.

Flight MH370 disappeared on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March with 239 passengers and crew. The wreckage, thought to be in southern Indian Ocean, has still not been located. MH17 was shot down over Ukraine in July, killing all 298 on board.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emergency contact

There were 155 passengers on board, the company said in a statement:

138 adults, 16 children and one infant
Most on board were Indonesian
Several were from other countries: one UK national, a Malaysian, a Singaporean and three South Koreans
The BBC understands that the British national is Chi-Man Choi
Two pilots and five crew were also on board - one French, the others Indonesian

The plane in question was delivered to AirAsia in 2008, has flown 13,600 times, covering 23,000 hours, and underwent its last maintenance on 16 November.

AirAsia has set up an emergency line for family or friends of those who may be on board. The number is +622 129 850 801.

Dozens of passengers' relatives have been gathering at Juanda airport in Surabaya and Singapore's Changi airport to hear news.
line

AirAsia Group facts

Low-cost airline group with main hub in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Founded in 2001
AirAsia Group services now comprises eight affiliates, including AirAsia Indonesia
Group employs more than 15,000 staff
Operates fleet of more than 150 Airbus A320 aircraft with 200 more on order
Flies to about 100 destinations in some 15 countries. Carried almost 8 million passengers in 2013
Tony Fernandes has been the group's CEO since December 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changi airport authorities have set up a holding area for relatives. It said 47 had arrived and care officers and counsellors were on hand to provide support.

AirAsia Indonesia operates domestic flights round the Indonesian archipelago as well as international services to Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and Thailand.

AirAsia Indonesia, along with other Indonesian airlines, was banned from flying to the European Union in 2007 due to safety concerns but this was lifted in July 2010.

The AirAsia group has previously had no fatal accidents involving its aircraft.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 12-28-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 gone missing

it´s been at least 6 hours i saw the news

hopefully some miracle happens and they are alive although you can hardly be positive after s many hours of no contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Bad year for air travel
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Again?!

MTF Tales from
your mom's basement

Ace Pounder is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

i considered moving to australia but i think i'll stay in wroclaw and keep taking bus when i want to see my parents

that's so scary...

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #6

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

All three airlines were from Asia
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
Old 12-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
All three airlines were from Asia
Indonesia and Malaysia are neighbour countries.

I think there is a pattern...

MTF Tales from
your mom's basement

Ace Pounder is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Pounder View Post

It was a bad weather this time, it happens.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
country flag Trollin Stone

Trollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-mh370-3382239

Karma is indeed a b*tch
Trollin Stone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #10

^^ Overconfidence much? Probably intended to gain the confidence of air travelers in that region, but now it's backfired on AirAsia.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #11
country flag cinnabar

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I wont be watching CNN for the next 3 months

~Nishikori~Dimitrov~Isner~Monfils~Robredo~
~Gasquet~Kohlschreiber~Klizan~Becker~Mannarino~
~Seppi~Nieminen~Haas~Estrella~Bolelli~
~Melzer~Kubot~Tursunov~Mathieu~Monaco~
~McGee~Gombos~Eysseric~Chiudinelli~
cinnabar is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #12
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

Think this one could be chalked up to bad weather. This was a 3-hour routine flight between two countries close together, doubt there's some international conspiracy about this.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #13
country flag Mateya
Mateja Seppieva

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Again? Big hug for all who are missing their loved ones.

Maybe just aliens doing their thing.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour Association of tennis players without variety and plan B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
It has something divine about it. It's almost as if God came down upon the tennis court and pushed Seppi's ball inside of the lines. Quite a beautiful sight.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #14
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

How the conversation probably went:

Captain: Uhh we got some really awful weather and a lightning storm in about 10 minutes. May we ascend to 38,000 feet?
Ground Control: Negative, people above you, maintain course.
Captain: But we really need to.
Ground Control: Negative will radio back soon
5mins later plane runs into a lightning storm. Crashes into ocean.

IS it that simple?

But you have pushers, all court players and ball bashers in your signature?

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
country flag Fatima

Fatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond reputeFatima has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Pounder View Post

Moreover, AirAsia Indonesia is owned by Malaysian AirAsia company.
Fatima is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote