Dutch Football 2008/2009 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:46 AM   #46
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Football 2008/2009

2.02 for Heracles to beat Volendam? Is that serious? Wow! Which bookie? :Y)
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #47
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahli View Post
2.02 for Heracles to beat Volendam? Is that serious? Wow! Which bookie? :Y)
bwin!
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #48
country flag lovelylovely

lovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond reputelovelylovely has a reputation beyond repute

Heracles is just another ordinary player
nothing to be amazed if he is 2+ odds on to beat Volendam
lovelylovely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #49
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Fixture: Go Ahead Eagles v Omniworld
Pick: Go Ahead Eagles -0.25 @ 1.95 6/10

Go Ahead Eagles had a bad start to the season with a big loss against VVV with 5-0 (most goals in the final minutes however) and a dissapointing draw at home against Fortuna. This however, was followed by a good draw against RKC, which was an impressive result and performance. The Deventer side contracted a tall striker from Estland last Thursday and the striker looked impressive with a good performance and a goal immediately. He had scored 19 goals in20 matches before that in Estland and was exactly the player GAE was looking for. Today they face Omniworld, who haven't been looking good either, with a home loss to RBC (1-2) a big loss against TOP Oss (3-0) but also looked better last week with their first win at home against Veendam (2-1). They still didn't look to impressive though, and looking at the squad, only Tayeb, Zeefuik and captain Duits look like real good players. There is no harmony in the team and when their opponents manage to control these players, especially Duits and Tayeb, all creativity is gone. As said, Go Ahead needed a targetman and now have one. This combined, with quick and technical players from the wings make them a dangerous side and the ambitious squad will be looking for the home win here. I expect no trouble for them, despite absentees Colak, Oosterhout and Parnela ( long term injured) and suspended Vlug. The home side has more balance, a big home advantage and if they can control the threat of Duits and Tayeb, a win should be on the cards here.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #50
country flag Timotheus

Fixture: AGOVV Apeldoorn v Excelsior
Pick: Under 3 goals @ 1.93 4/10

AGOVV had the worst defense last season but are showing different signs this season with a whole new back line, including the goalkeeper and this is clearly showing, with an away win at Helmond (1-2), a 1-0 win over Dordrecht and an expected small loss in Den Bosch (2-0). In their last match, key defender Suchy received a red card, so he will miss this match. Despite his absence, the team still looks strong, playing more realistic this season from a defensive formation with a physically strong midfield in front of that, all depening on the quality of striker Mertens up front. This has been paying off thusfar, but still the team seems to be underrated a bit by the bookies, and this under 3 goals line surprised me, especially after watching their opponents Excelsior. They relegated last season but the team they have now can hardly be called any good, certainly no championship candidate. They lack a real goalscorer and hardly have any creativity, resulting in a terrible loss at home to Telstar (0-1), an extremely lucky last second win at MVV (0-1) and a 5-1 win against Fortuna, were they played terrible the biggest part of the match and were helped by two own goals for their 1-0 and 2-0, after which Fortuna just gave up in the end.

Excelsior are still a better side but it should be extremely tough this match. AGOVV has been looking solid and after having doubts between AGOVV +0.5 and this under, I decided on the last option, because another 0-1 win wouldn't surprise me. I expect the 0-0 to be on the scoreboard quite a while here.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #51
country flag Timotheus

Fixture: Willem II v Ajax
Pick: Over 3 Goals @ 2.01 7/10

This can be considered more of a bet on Ajax than the over 3 to be honoust. To quote a piece I've written about their championship chances: "Ajax has a new coach with legend Marco van Basten, who will also be accompanied by many former class players on the training pitch, with the likes of Frank de Boer, John van het Schip and Dennis Bergkamp to name a few. The athmosphere at the club seems solid, with unhappy players as Colin and Perez leaving or on their way to leave and Heitinga being the only real important transfer going out. Replacement of Heitinga if Barcelona's Oleguer, who is looking rock solid in the friendlies. Combine this with the addition of last season's revelation Sulejmani (Heerenveen), Argentine Clausura's top striker Cvitanich and PSV's creative talent Aissati and you have a great attacking squad with loads of depth and creativity. Many young players (Anita in defense, de Jong, van der Heijden and Sarpong in the midfield) are on the brink of a real breaktrhough (De Jong played a lot last year already) and Ajax has the best squad by far if you ask me. Last year they gave it away due to bad decisions by interim coach Koster, combined with some bad defending. I expect this to improve a lot with a more realistic van BAsten. The Ajax attack will prove the difference this year, with great creativity always ready to decide the match."

The quality Ajax has is just superior to Willem II. With Baelum and especially van der Struijk they lost two important players, and the players replacing them are okay, but nothing special. Most matches between Willem II and Ajax ended in big wins for the visitors, but last season was a more narrow affair with 2-3 (and an easy 4-1 win at home for Ajax). Willem II will be without Vorthoren and Ajax without Donald. No important absentees.

Fixture: AZ Alkmaar v NAC Breda
Pick: AZ Alkmaar -0.5 @ 1.8 5/10

NAC was the biggest surprise in the last season, ending 3rd in the rankings, but in the end failing in the play-offs, leaving them now empty handed. At this time, they have a new coach with Maaskant, and the two succescoaches have left, leaving a big question mark as to where they stand now. There were no big signings, except maybe Reuser, but he doesnt seem fit enough to play entire matches anymore on this level. In the meanwhile, they lost key player Molhoek, a vital miss on their midfield. Key players de Graaff and Elshot are also still injured, while squad player Loran is out as well.

AZ is quite the opposite of NAC, using an attacking playing style instead of a defensive one, and underperforming last season instead of overperforming. Experienced coach van Gaal is still there and except for defender Opdam, no important players have left the club. AZ was troubled by injuries last season but now they are all back, giving the side several new and free signings as the way coach van Gaal stated. Captain Schaars was out for an entire season, while key midfielder Martens was only able to play 8 matches as well due to injuries. Combine this with the return of talented central defender Luirink, who also missed the entire season and Cziommer who is fit now and there is a big quality boost. Talented youngsters Luickx and especially Lens (who will miss this match) also returned from loan and with Moisander, Swerts and especially Holman, the club has made some usefull signings with hard working players, something the team maybe was lacking. Nice thing for them as well is the great form of goalkeeper Romero, who was Argentina's goalkeeper at the Olympics after an injury of Ustari and won a gold medal. Belgium's Dembele also had a great tournament there, while striker Ari had a great preseason with AZ.

AZ is superior and if they come anywhere near the level they are supposed to, they should beat NAC here. The signs are looking good for them, and a home win is on the cards here.

Fixture: Heracles Almelo v Feyenoord
Pick: Heracles Almelo +0.5 @ 2.02 5/10

Feyenoord can be considered as one of the teams with the worst preseason. Especially their run in the end is terrible, with losses to Celtic and Dortmund at home for their own tournament, and a draw against Konyaspor and even losses to Barendrecht and Benfica. The Rotterdam side have been struggling with a huge list of injuries, leaving them with no chance in the Dutch Supercup as well, losing 2-0 to PSV. For this match, they will be without big new signing El Ahmadi, key player Makaay and important players Vlaar, Lucius and also without Erasmus and Slory. With Hofs and key players Tomasson and de Guzman also being doubtful, their attack if almost non existent and the rest of their squad is far from impressive as well.

Heracles is always a tough team on their own artificial pitch, losing just 6 times at home last season. Feyenoord has played in Almelo 3 times, winning only the first time and losing 4-1 a year later. Last season things ended with a spectacular 3-3 draw. Heracles only played 6 matches in their preseason, which is rather surprising. The team is hard to read because of this, since most matches were against amateurs and with mixed results as well. Heracles however is a team that just lives up to the moment, especially at home in front of their loyal crowd. As said, they are very hard to beat, and especially a side with that many absentees and the lack of confidence as Feyenoord is enjoying at the moment, will have a hard time. With Maas, Lakic and Garcia Heracles lost some good players, but I still like the looks of their team and they should be able to avoid relegation once again. New signing Fledderus is out injured, and important defender Boakye as well. For the rest they are pretty much complete.

Fixture: Cambuur v FC Emmen
Pick: Cambuur -0.5 @ 2.01 5/10

As said so many times already, Cambuur is revived this year, with many big signings and results living up to they expectations as well, with wins at Veendam, at home against VVV and a loss against Zwolle, who are a championship candidate. The side has been looking good in these matches and are now with two extra key players as well, with Mboua returning from the Olympics and midfielder Beekmans being back from a suspension. Striker de Vries was also signed this week, but it is unsure if he is allowed to play Friday.
This is their probable line-up:
-----------------------vd vlag-----------------

r.jansen-------brack---beekmans---m.jansen

------------------wegh---------------------------

-------vd heide----------------guyt-------------

mboua-------------ter heide--------------maachi

Today they play Emmen, a side with great signings as well, and even better results on paper, with 7 points out of 3 matches. Their schedule however was easier than Cambuur's, and their play hasn't been looking too convincing, with a stolen win in Sittard where the home side actually was better, a mediocre draw at home to Helmond and again a lucky win against Dordrecht. Emmen will probably play with the same line up as last week.

A packed Cambuur stadium is expected once again, and this is known to give them a huge boost. With the quality and form they have, they should be able to overcome Emmen here, who are still looking to improve their standard of play.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #52
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Adding:

AZ -1 @ 2.65 4/10 - as explained above. Easy win for AZ, could be easy over. 3-0 prob scoreline.

Ajax -1 @ 2.25. I am skipping this one. It could be easily reached, with a 0-3 win, but it could also be an unlucky last minute goal for Willem II making it 1-2 or something. Still very confident in away win though.

Heracles - Feyenoord 1x @ 1.88 5/10. Reasons mentioned earlier and totally agree with Tim.

AZ - NAC over 2.5 x Willem II - Ajax over 2.5 @ 2.32 (5/10).

Huntelaar to score @ 2.05 6/10. Ajax main striker, topscorer last season. Should be scoring in the opening match in a game with many chances.

Ari to score @ 2.90 3/10. High price for the striker. AZ will be playing 4231, with Ari up front as main target man. If anyone would have the chance the score, he is the guy.

GL!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #53
country flag Timotheus

Fixture:Vitesse v FC Groningen
Pick:FC Groningen +0.5 @ 1.74 5/10

Vitesse are having to cope with many important absentees tonight. Their entire defensive midfield, which I consider a key asset to this team, is out with Molhoek and Sansoni, and attacking signings Julian Jenner and Niklas Tarvajärvi will also miss this match. The same will probably count for attacking full back Kaya, who is doubtful. Groningen on the other hand will be without Ajilore, Jeroen Veldmate and Meerdink. No real big missings if you ask me.

Vitesse's preseason was far from impressive. They have beaten all weak amateur sides they faced, but out of 6 professional teams they played, only one was won (Getafe) and the other six were lost (Gimnastic, Valencia, Ankaraspor, Aberdeen and Osasuna) and most of the time big losses as well. With a new coach (Westerhof) they are still struggling to find any rhythm it seems and Groningen is a difficult opponent to face in the first match, finishing 7th last year. Groningen had some mixed results in friendlies as well, but the side hardly changed and there is a lot of stability at the club.

This stability should make the difference. Coach Westerhof stated that he is concerned of his Vitesse side and is having trouble with the lack of initiative on and off the pitch by his players. Their absentees are very important and I expect Groningen to be able to take advantage. I expect a draw here, but an away win is also possible.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #54
country flag Timotheus

Adding 2/10 on Willem II v Ajax: Any Unquoted Score @ 5.6

For an analysis see my pick for over 3 goals at this match on this page.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #55
country flag Timotheus

Good start to the weekend,
3-1 today and + 10.45
Old 08-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #56
country flag Timotheus

Yesterday just a void with Ajax over 3 and -2 with the unquoted.
2-1 for today, +6.62.

Total round +8.32.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #57
country flag Dahli

Awfull opening weekend. Thank god for the international games...

3-5, -11.75
Old 09-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #58
country flag Timotheus

Fixture:Cambuur v FC Den Bosch
Pick:Cambuur -0.5 8/10 @ 2.04

With 4 wins in last 4 encounters, the past isn't pointing towards a home win here, but the present is. As stated many times earlier, Cambuur has had a hugh quality boost this summer, and all reservations about finding rhythm can be put aside as it looks now, with 3 big wins and one loss. Especially last weeks' win over strong Emmen was brilliant. Cambuur has no injury trouble and will presumably play with the same 11 as last week, where former Den Bosch captain Beekmans returned as a defender/defensive midfielder and played a great match. Creative forward Maachi has also been in lethal form last matches. Den Bosch is always a title candidate but this season they have lost some good players and this is catching up to them more than I had expected. With a hard fought draw at home against RKC, a mediocre draw at Telstar, followed by a home win against AGOVV and a bad loss at home against MVV last week (1-3), the side has just 5 points, despite their 3 home matches already. They lost their first goalkeeper Mäenpää last week with a shoulder injury, and replacement, young goalkeeper Zaari, might have the talent but not the experience and coolness to replace him I reckon. He was unlucky last week as well, giving away a goal with a terrible mistake. With key defender Ebbinge also out, the side is clearly weakened at the back and for a defensive side like Den Bosch, this is of key importance. With important striker Jans also out, and van der Biezen just returning from injury and also Matusiwa struggling with form, the side clearly has personnel problems, despite the signing of Stefano Seedorf for their midfield just days ago. Against an in form side as Cambuur, with no absentees and a packed stadium, I can't see anything else than a home win.

Fixture:MVV v Go Ahead Eagles
Pick:MVV -0.5 @ 1.8

MVV have been a surprising side to me thusfar. They have a decent squad with some superior players in it as well, and this showed despite their difficult schedule. Against title candidates Zwolle and Den Bosch they grabbed a total of 4 points in away games, including the 1-3 in Den Bosch last week, and they won convincingly against Helmond at home as well (3-1). There only loss was a last minute home loss to Excelsior, after an early red card followed by a last minute goal. The home side has some good players back, with Castellana back from suspension and Winkens from injury. Key striker Sillah has also returned after trouble with his paperwork. The visitors are still without Colak, Oosterhout and Parnela ( long term injured), who are all important absentees, especially the last two. New signing, Swedish striker Mathias Ranégie is also out for six weeks. Last week I went for Eagles to beat Omniworld but the way they played was far from convincing. Their draw at home against Fortuna and their big loss at VVV weren't either. Only good match was away at RKC thusfar, where they grabbed a draw. MVV has looked better thusfar, and have less personel issues. They seem to have signed a good targetman with Post, but are having trouble to supply the tall forward. MVV has the best fans in the league and this will give them a huge boost at home as well. This should be enough against the troubled Eagles side.

Fixture:Veendam v Fortuna Sittard
Pick: Veendam -0.5 @1.74

Veendam has been plagued with injuries recently but things are finally looking up for them. Veendam always are a tough nut to crack at home, but this could not precent a 0-3 loss against Cambuur in the first match of the season. Losses away at RKC and Omniworld followed, but last week they grabbed their first win, 3-2 against RBC, in a match that went easier than the score suggests. Key midfielder for Veldmate is still out as a long term absentee, but Angelo Zimmerman, Bryon Kiefer, Maarten Woudenberg and Patrick Lip are all fit and training with the team. In form striker Hemmen got injured last week, but should be fit to play as well.

Opponents Fortuna have always been one of the weaker sides last years and this year they have on of the weakest, or even the weakest, squad as well. Two decent matches, with a narrow home loss against Emmen and a draw at Go Ahead Eagles, were followed by a huge loss at Excelsior (5-1) and a draw at home against TOP, with which they could be happy. Left back Vanek is the only injured player in their small selection, but he has a decent chance of being ready to play. Striker Schreurs returns from an injury but lacks match practice. I rate this Veendam side a lot higher than Fortuna's. The visitors have to travel from about the opposite side of the country as well and haven't won at Veendam since 1994 and I can't see this run being turned around this year.

Fixture:Haarlem v FC Dordrecht
Pick:FC Dordrecht 0 @ 1.95

Dordrecht was one of the bigger underperformers last season and started this season the same way, plagued by injuries as well. This cost them narrow losses against Emmen and AGOVV, both unlucky. They also grabbed a win at home against Eindhoven and lost last week at home with 0-1 against title candidate RKC. Goalkeeper Boyen grabbed a red card in the first half, after which RKC scored the only goal. In the remainder of the match Dordrecht showed a lot of confidence with great play where at least a draw was deserved. Goalkeeper Boyen will of course be suspended for this match, but with Rensen as a back up they shouldn't worry too much. Striker Putter got injured last match as well and will be out for a while, but he has been struggling with form for quite a while now as well. This leaves as with two more absentees, namely Brian Pinas and Marcel van der Sloot, who were out already. With Derveld and Kalisse now back from injuries, I have more than enough confidence in the current squad.

Haarlem has a very mediocre squad, with Wijks and ten Heuvel (both attackers) as their only two good players if you ask me. An extremely lucky last minute hom win against TOP and a 4-2 win against Telstar last weekend provided them with points next to their losses at Eindhoven and RBC. Again last week's win was rather lucky. They showed great efficiency up front, but were overrun in several periods and were lucky the strikers of Telstar weren't up to the mark that day.

i just can't see Dordrecht losing this one and DNB is a great option here. Haarlem hasn't won in any of their last 10 home matches against Dordrecht, with 5 away wins and 5 draws. The odds here are great and I believe Haarlem is being overrated here because of their two home wins. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #59
country flag Timotheus

Forgot the stakes in last 3 bets.
Veendam 7/10, Dordrecht 6/10, MVV 5/10.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #60
country flag maksim20

maksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Timo! What's the best match for OVER in this round ?
maksim20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote