Dutch Football 2008/2009 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #16
country flag maksim20

maksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Football 2008/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
Thanks mate. I am Dutch so the choice is obvious.
Extra advantage it brings is the fact that bookies and other betters aren't as well informed as with Premier League football for instance.

I also write weekly match reports for both leagues so this helps me a lot to remain well informed about all teams and players as well.
I See.As for me i'll be mainly on EPL and Bundesliga this year can't wait for the football season to start. Best of luck to ya . i'll be following some of your picks . don't forget to post
maksim20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Bundesliga is so unbelievable unpredictable.. At least it was for me. Always one or two fuck ups from teams like Bayern, HSV and Werder. Hopefully you will have a better run .

It is just a bit to early to go for the first weekend of the Dutch competition.. Have some leans already. The first round:
vr 29/8 Vitesse FC Groningen 20.45 over 2.5
za 30/8 Willem II Ajax 18.45 over 2.5 at least and 2.
za 30/8 NEC De Graafschap 19.45 might be 1.
za 30/8 FC Utrecht PSV 20.45 no bet
za 30/8 Roda JC FC Twente 19.45 no bet at the moment
zo 31/8 Heracles Almelo Feyenoord 14.30 might lean towards 1X at the moment
zo 31/8 AZ NAC Breda 16.30 1 + over 2.5
zo 31/8 FC Volendam SC Heerenveen 14.30 2 over 2.5
zo 31/8 Sparta Rotterdam ADO Den Haag 14.30 might pick 1.

I am curious how the odds will come out for most bookies.
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #18
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Fixture: Fortuna Sittard v FC Emmen
Pick: Emmen DNB 8/10 @ 1.84

Emmen is, with Cambuur, the side who had the best signings this summer. Emmen has always been a very ambitious side and after just missing the play-offs las season (2 points) they have really improved their squad. Defender/defensive midfielder Ripson came from TOP Oss, experienced defender Valgaeren came from Club Brugge (a former champion with Celtic),wing back Zijm from Excelsior and striker Matavz also came in. Other signings were Krohne and Schotman. The players they lost aren't of the calibre of their new signings and it ws more a loss of quantity (11 players) than real quality (except for Bas Dost who was transferred to Heracles). The goal this season will be a top 6 ranking. They have had the most productive pre season of all Dutch teams and even beat Heerenveen 3-1 along the way and an impressive draw against Greek champions Olympiakos as well.

Fortuna is something different. They are one of the prime candidates to relegate this season (1 will go down) and there is no money to invest. They have a pretty poor and small squad with two decent young strikers but no real overall quality. Just two (relatively unknown) signings, with goalkeeper Meul and defender Kozarac . They finished 16th last season but also were the second worst team at home, losing more than winning.

Out of 8 matches in Sittard, Emmen won 5 times and had 3 draws. There were no losses. Absentees for Emmen will be Guus de Vries, Jannes Wolters, Callum Little and Robbie Haemhouts. Absentees that shouldn't mean too many real problems if you ask me. History gives Emmen the advantage but the present even acknowledges the Emmen superiority more. I just can't see them losing this one and would be surprised if the Emmen side doesn't come out on top here.

Last edited by Timotheus : 08-07-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #19
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Nice analysis, Tim.

I will definitely jump on your JL train as long as I can .
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #20
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, upped the stake by 2 units to 8/10 by the way.

Next:

Fixture: Haarlem v TOP Oss
Pick: TOP Oss DNB 5/10 @ 1.93

Haarlem is one of the weakest, or even the weakest, team in the league.They finished rock bottom last year with just 5 wins in the entire season. Their side has lost key striker Roel de Graaff, who was probably the only positive thing last season, but managed to sign a decent replacement with Laurens ten Heuvel, even though I can't rate him as highly as his predecessor. With van Nieuwenburg they also managed to sign a decent midfielder, even though he isn't getting any younger and better. Their preparations can't be called impressive either, losing to almost every professional team faced (f.e. 3-0 against Dordrecht, 0-2 against Ergotelis and 0-2 against Sheffield W'day).

TOP Oss had a surprisingly good year, reaching the play-offs with a good and young squad with many local talents. THey have lost some good players with important defender Van Dalen, defender/defensive midfielder Ripson (key player) and midfielder Rosalia, who started out as a key player but lost his role in the team after the winter. More youngsters however are ready to fill in the gap and with signings Galata (defender) and Fachtali (striker) the Oss side has made good signings. They have a good overall team and their goal will be to fight for a play-off spot, something Haarlem couldn't even dream about. There is a big difference in class here and TOP has shown last season to play some good matches away from home as well. Their exhibition matches were positive as well, even beating Derby County, Universitatea Craiova and a draw against RKC. TOP hasn't lost in Haarlem last 4 matches and look better on every line. Key striker Quekel is out with an injury (missed the entire pre-season) but new signing Fachtali should fill in his place nicely and in form youngster De Groot is also ready to open up the match as a sub. Haarlem's starting 11 lacks quality and their bench is far worse, not even worthy of professional football if you ask me.

Good luck!

Fixture: FC Dordrecht v FC Eindhoven
Pick: Under 3 Goals 4/10 @ 1.99

Dordrecht was one of the biggest dissapointments last season with a squad with potential but terrible football and results, resulting in a 12th spot. This season the side is probably even weaker, losing key striker van der Velden to AZ and also losing Maachi, one of their few creative forces last season (despite his inconsistency). Derveld is a good defensive signing but up front I can't see anything special to be honoust. Key midfielder van der Sloot and important attacker Kalisse are out injured for the season's overture.

Eindhoven was one of the weaker sides last year and will be in trouble this season as well. They lost captain De Boer and important player De Meersman and had no real big signings. Despite this they will still like their chances of getting a draw here against a weakened Dordrecht side. Eindhoven had a pre season with some ups and downs but had two great wins over Eredivisie teams Heerenveen (4-0!) and Willem II (2-1). They have a new coach, Brys, who is known for his realistic but very defensive football. He knows his side will need to fight against relegation and in contrast with last season the side won't be play too risky. Dordrecht lacks creativity to put up a big score and I think this match will probably end up 1-0 or even 0-0. Out of last 8 matches between these sides in Dordrecht, 5 ended under 3 goals, 2 ended with 3 goals exactly and only 1 went over.

Last edited by Timotheus : 08-07-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #21
country flag Timotheus

Fixture: BV Veendam v SC Cambuur
Pick: SC Cambuur +0.5 (lay Veendam) 6/10 @ 1.65

Cambuur is the team who has done the best job on the transfer market this season, signing Den Bosch captain Beekmans, former under 21 international Michael Jansen from Feyenoord, striker Ter Heide from AGOVV, creative winger Maachi from Utrecht and attacking midfielder Guijt from RBC. All these players are great signings and provide Cambuur with a huge quality boost and a great team alltogether with quality players as Mboua (now at the Olympics with Cameroon), captain Rudy Jansen and some other good, mostly younger players. Veendam has had a dissapointing season and had a lot more trouble on the transfer market, signing Polak, who will become a key player, but also losing key forward Schaken.

Cambuur has a lot more quality and I was thinking of taking Cambuur +0.25 for a long time. Veendam however is a tough team to beat and with the way the odds are going now, the difference between +0.25 and +0.5 is very small, but a draw would now be sufficient for a won bet. Cambuur has the quality to grab a win even and I just can't see them losing this season's overture here. Veendam has won just 3 out of last 15 encounters with Cambuur and hasn't even won in the last 5. Now Cambuur is a lot better even and they should be able to top last year's performance here, when it ended in a spectacular 4-4.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #22
country flag Timotheus

Fixture: FC Den Bosch v RKC Waalwijk
Pick: FC Den Bosch DNB 4/10 @ 2.05

Late pick here. Was leaning towards this one for days and now the odds are up AND the starting teams are known. Big surprises in the RKC line-up and I have a lot of confidence in Den Bosch who start with new signing Matusiwa and last year's topscorer van der Biezen up front. RKC without Jongsma, Obodai and De Ceulaer lacks a lot of quality if you ask me, and I can't see solid Den Bosch, who are always impressive at home, lose this one.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #23
country flag Timotheus

Emmen DNB 8/10 WON (1-2) +6.6
Dordrecht-Eindhoven Under 3 WON (2-0) + 3.96
Cambuur+0.5 WON (0-3) + 3.9
TOP DNB LOST (2-1) -5
Den Bosch DNB PUSH (1-1) 0

3-1-1 today, +9.46 units
Old 08-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #24
country flag maksim20

maksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond reputemaksim20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
Emmen DNB 8/10 WON (1-2) +6.6
Dordrecht-Eindhoven Under 3 WON (2-0) + 3.96
Cambuur+0.5 WON (0-3) + 3.9
TOP DNB LOST (2-1) -5
Den Bosch DNB PUSH (1-1) 0

3-1-1 today, +9.46 units
great job mate
Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #25
country flag Timotheus

Not a Dutch league match but a friendly with a Dutch side involved:

Fixture: Valencia v Vitesse
Pick: Valencia -1.5 5/10 @2.11 (188bet)

Valencia will have this match in their own Mestalla stadium and this is the official season presentation for the fans. Their first key match is for the cup against Real Madrid on the 17th of August and despite starting their preparations relatively late they look better each match. Their most recent match was a last minute lost against Newcastle which was rather unlucky. As said this match is at home, which is a massive difference, and the fitness levels are improving each day for the team.

Vitesse will miss some key players today and at full strength Valencia should still be able to beat them with ease. The team is without key player and goalkeeper Velthuizen (Olympics) and their second goalkeeper Graafland is out injured as well, meaning an inexperienced 18 year old will be the goalkeeper. Key midfielders Sansoni and Molhoek will not play, because they are suspended for the first season match and coach Westerhof wants to simulate that situation. Massive difference in class here, and the absentees for Vitesse just finish things up. Odds seem to be mislead a bit by recent Valencia resutlts but today should be something different. Getafe beat Vitesse with ease in the Vitesse stadium (0-2) and even Ankaraspor clinched a 1-2 win against them last week.

Valencia has no real worries in their squad. As an indication, here is the squad against Newcastle:
Hildebrand, Miguel, Iván Helguera, Albiol, Moretti; Albelda, Baraja, Joaquín, Vicente; Silva and Morientes. Also played Villa, Angulo, Pablo, Manuel Fernandes, Alexis, Navarro, Edu and Mata.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #26
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Keep em comming Tim

This bet looks good especially if villa plays from the start.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
country flag Timotheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
Keep em comming Tim

This bet looks good especially if villa plays from the start.
Bet won, 3-1
+5.55 units.

Valencia was a lot better but failed to convert chances into goals initially. 13 minutes before the final whistle the 3-1 went in

Villa played the first half only but wasn't having the best of days..
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #28
country flag Timotheus

Fixture: RBC Roosendaal v Zwolle
Pick: FC Zwolle +0.25 @ 1.86 6/10

Zwolle can be considered an outsider for the title this season, but started with a somewhat dissapointing 0-0 draw at home against MVV, which was rather unlucky. They will be looking for their first wint today against RBC, who are still without important defender Fleur and striker Vos. RBC started with a win against Omniworld (1-2) but didn't look to convincing, and lacking creativity up front especially. Zwolle has many new signings which can be difficult in the beginning of the new season. I am convinced however of the capability of coach Everse and I expect a good match from them tonight. I expected a DNB line here today, and everything above this is value if you ask me. Zwolle should grab a draw here at least, but with the quality they have, a win should be possible as well.

Fixture: Cambuur Leeuwarden v VVV Venlo
Pick: Cambuur +0.25 4/10 @ 1.99

A championship candidate with VVV against an outsider with Cambuur today. Cambuur has not been beaten last two encounters at their own stadium and will be looking to build on their great 0-3 win last week. They will do this in front of a packed stadium, with 8000 visitors expected. Cambuur has a lot of quality and despite not having the Eredivisie experience most VVV players have, the difference in quality is relatively small. VVV won their first match convincingly as well with 5-0 against Go Ahead Eagles. Both sides have a great squad and it should be a tight affair. With the great support of their home squad I just can't see the home side lose this one and a win could surely be on the cards here today.

Fixture: Emmen v Helmond
Pick: Emmen -0.5 4/10 @ 1.9

Emmen has won last four encounters with Helmond and have a great squad for this season as I said already in my posting for Fortuna v Emmen. There play last week wasn't that impressive but the extra quality they have, combined with a little luck pulled them through. Helmond had a good season last year but their coach has left, and Streppel, their new coach, was unable to give his side a win against AGOVV last week, one of the lowest ranked teams last season and a side with a real lack of quality. Emmen is an ambitious side and I expect a packed stadium tonight, all wanting to cheer their players to a victory. Helmond is without important striker Habraken (long term injury) but defender Joppen is on his way back after being out for 6 months. Emmen on the other hand is without Demeijer, Haemhouts, Guus de vries and Wolters. Haemhouts is a more important miss than the other players but still the side won't have any trouble in their line-up with the quality they have. Emmen should make it 2 wins out of 2 matches tonight!

Fixture: TOP Oss v FC Omniworld
Pick: Omniworld +0.5 3/10 @ 1.83

TOP always struggles against FC Omniworld. There are 6 encounters in total between the two teams and the only match TOP won was in 2006 (away from home). All other matches were won by Omniworld and with them winning 3 out of 3 in Oss I just can't let this one go. In all fairness I don't rate the quality of the individual players too highly but they always have a stable side with a great captain on their midfield (Sander Duits). In their attack they have several young and creative options and this makes them a dangerous team from the counter. TOP always likes to play more attacking sides but struggles against teams against whom they need to dictate play. With relatively slow defenders the side always has a hard time against quick forwards and this should be the case today. A different match-up for TOP, and a line of -0.5 isn't justified.

Fixture: RKC Waalwijk v BV Veendam
Pick: RKC Waalwijk -1.25 4/10 @ 1.86

RKC are on of the top candidates for the championship and after a draw against outsiders Den Bosch last week they will be confident for tonight. Veendam's key player Veldmate is out, and what remains is just a very mediocre squad. Important defender Polak was awarded a red card last week but the verdict has been turned around, meaning he can play tonight. RKC on the other hand, will be without defender Svendsen, squad player Lifondja (midfield), reserve goalkeeper Wevers and squad player Di Gregorio. The squad of RKC is big enough so I reckon they won't be bothered too much with these injuries. There is just a big difference in quality here and I expect RKC to outclass their opponents, especially when they are without Veldmate. There are just 3 recent encounters between these teams, with RKC winning the only away match 0-1, and winning both home matches with ease: 5-2 and 4-0.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #29
country flag maksim20

Hey Timo i would like to hear your opinion , what's the best game for OVERS in this round ?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
country flag Timotheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksim20 View Post
Hey Timo i would like to hear your opinion , what's the best game for OVERS in this round ?
Difficult round for overs..I would have to say RKC.