the "Golden Kiwis For All!" 2008 Olympics thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #31
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary! View Post
THEY SHOWED KIWI ON USA TV!!!!!!! Didn't say anthing about him, obv, but we all screamed.
They probably didn't even know who he is, unless the commentator who did the ceremony also have knowledge about tennis players that are not so famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary! View Post
As far as the USA goes, we got Davenport & the Bryans brothers walking in and then James Blake for a while on the infield chatting with other athletes. And I must say, he looked very good in that Ralph Lauren outfit.
Not really hard to imagine! As for the German team, I think they could have done better in their outfit, I found especially the women's a bit "lame" and not really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoistDaColors View Post
is that him on the right? i can't tell.
Yes, that's really him if you're asking me. On this picture it looks like he was so much in the front! At first, I didn't think that was the case, or is the picutre just misleading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoistDaColors View Post
someone please upload a picture of kiwi in that gray suit.
I can check my recording and hopefully can find a decent screenshot of him. But I don't think they showed a full body shot of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
Rainer was walking left behind Kiwi when Kiwi saw himself on the tv screen he turned around and looked at Rainer
thanks, really didn't notice that at first

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #32
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "Golden Kiwis For All!" 2008 Olympics thread

There was an interview with Kiefer on thursday's "Olympia Extra" (ARD) which they showed again last night. Unfortunately, I only saw the last few secs of it, so I couldn't record it.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #33
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
They probably didn't even know who he is, unless the commentator who did the ceremony also have knowledge about tennis players that are not so famous

Not really hard to imagine!
Yes, one commentator does NBA & the other hosts the Today Show. Neither of which would know Kiwi if he walked up to them and slapped them.

Oh, you don't have to tell me!

Thanks for the picture!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #34
country flag HoistDaColors

HoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, that's really him if you're asking me. On this picture it looks like he was so much in the front! At first, I didn't think that was the case, or is the picutre just misleading?
I think he's really up front of the pack (look at the left of the picture). thank god he stood so close to Dirk or else we won't get to see him in that mob of gray.

HoistDaColors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #35
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

From the gamewatch:
Quote:
6.54pm: Ok, that's it. All play has been cancelled for today. It's been an interesting one and we're back for more tommorrow. See you then.
LOL of course it was interesting if there was only a few hours of play and the rest heavy rain

But hey, at least Kiwi leads 6-3 against Mirnyi I hope he can continue like that.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #36
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi def. Mirnyi 6-3 6-1

I listened to an audio comment on peking.ard.de and he said that he served well, but returned badly yesterday - and that he served badly and returned well today.

match stats:
http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/EN...html#TEM001612

Last edited by Neely : 08-11-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #37
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Easy.
Anderson next.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #38
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi's match and the doubles again on outside courts, so no chance for TV coverage on any of the channels.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #39
country flag Yappa

You're right about the singles match, but there might be cameras for the doubles match.
According to an ORF viewer, two days ago, when the doubles match was initially supposed to take place on that court, there was a ticker reporting that ORF would show the Germany-Austria doubles match. So it's possible that they intend(ed) to place some cameras (Belgian and Czech TV already did that yesteday). Of course that doesn't help us if ARD/ZDF don't have access to said cameras and/or are not willing to go the extra mile to show the match. If not, then we'll probably get Schuettler-Djokovic from tape.
It's possible that it'll even start with the beginning of the afternoon broadcast slot (3:30-6 pm on ZDFdoku).
Well, wait and see.

btw. if you already listened to the german commentator, then you noticed that he's a :retard:
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #40
country flag Glinda

Glinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond repute

irk, 3rd set against Anderson... I'm scared
Glinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #41
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi a bit more difficult against Anderson than most uf expected it to be, right?
But it seems he gave a good fight, way about three hours match

On teletext they wrote that he had to call the trainer twice due to the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
You're right about the singles match, but there might be cameras for the doubles match.
According to an ORF viewer, two days ago, when the doubles match was initially supposed to take place on that court, there was a ticker reporting that ORF would show the Germany-Austria doubles match. So it's possible that they intend(ed) to place some cameras (Belgian and Czech TV already did that yesteday). Of course that doesn't help us if ARD/ZDF don't have access to said cameras and/or are not willing to go the extra mile to show the match. If not, then we'll probably get Schuettler-Djokovic from tape.
It's possible that it'll even start with the beginning of the afternoon broadcast slot (3:30-6 pm on ZDFdoku).
Well, wait and see.
Thanks, didn't know about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
btw. if you already listened to the german commentator, then you noticed that he's a :retard:
Yes, if you listen to such guys, then you realize how good most, if not all of the Eurosport commentators are!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #42
country flag Yappa

Took him way too long.

Oh, and about the doubles match:
ORF used own cameras for the Melzer and Bammer singles matches, but not for the doubles match (possibly because they simply don't have enough cameras). Well, german TV probably wouldn't have showed it anyways, even if ORF had offered them the live feed for free.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #43
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

On teletext they wrote that he had to call the trainer twice due to the heat.
not only because of heat but also because of strong pain in his hip

http://www.netzeitung.de/sport/olympia2008/1122437.html

Please no new injury
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #44
country flag Neely
-

Rainer/Kiwi lost their doubles match 7-6(3) 3-6 1-6 to Knowles/Melzer

One dream for a medal is over, I hope he can keep the other chance in singles alive and that the injury isn't too bad But the article and his comments don't sound too good at all.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #45
country flag Yappa

True, and I wouldn't be surprised if PHM got a walkover.

In any case, we wouldn't be able to see that match, anyways, since they're supposed to play on Court 3. And even if they did play on a Showcourt, we would still need to rely on a livestream, due to the german TV not planning to show any tennis tomorrow.