the "Golden Kiwis For All!" 2008 Olympics thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #16
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "Golden Kiwis For All!" 2008 Olympics thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
On a radio station (Antenne Bayern) they said today "Kohlschreiber, the best German tennis player, is missing due to an injury"
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
It's too bad that there'll be less german tv coverage from Beijing than from Athen's due to new regulations. Otherwise we would again have 3-4 ARD/ZDF Olympia channels with full live coverage.
I hardly remember the TV coverage situation back then exactly.

But checking the schedules for some days, it seems that EinsFestival, EinsPlus, ZDFDoku and ZDFTheaterkanal are showing live coverage each day. Plus you have the usual coverage on the main channel, either ARD or ZDF. That's not bad at all, I think.

It was really better back in Athens 2004?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #18
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

IIIRC, 4 years ago those digital channels (called Athens 1-4 btw.) were showing Olympic sports for all 24 hrs and not only max. 8-12 hrs. So way more time for live and tape delayed coverage.

Last edited by Four:Love : 08-07-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Yappa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

wow, really don't remember that anymore that there was 24h live and tape delayed coverage. But thanks for info

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #20
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I think about it, I don't think it was 24hrs on all channels, but still a lot more hours of coverage, that's for sure. They would have done the same this year, but the new "Rundfunkstaatsvertrag" doesn't allow it anymore. Blame the private channels (RTL and others) who complained about the extensive Olympic Games coverage of the "Öffentlich-Rechtliche". Such whiners.

Thankfully, there are a lot of live streams, for example the official EBU streams.
http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/
Old 08-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #21
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hardly remember the TV coverage situation back then exactly.
Your sig!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #22
country flag Yappa

We could see both Kiefer and Schuettler at today's opening ceremony. They were even mentioned on german TV.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We could see both Kiefer and Schuettler at today's opening ceremony. They were even mentioned on german TV.
Hopefully they get some air time on the US coverage of it tonight! Has anyone found any pictures? I've seen pictures of just about everyone except, of course, Kiwi & James Blake. The two I want to see pictures of.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #24
country flag Yappa

So it's true that the american tv didn't offer any live coverage of the opening ceremony? What the heck?! Probably to show commercials. And then they might not even show all of it?
Well I hope for you that you'll get to see them. If not, I'll see if I can up a video, though my recording has probably plenty of artifacts, since my old receiver can't handle high bitrates. Fortunately, the channels which are showing tennis have lower bitrates than the big channels ARD and ZDF. Neely, I am counting on you, in case those two are showing any tennis.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #25
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
So it's true that the american tv didn't offer any live coverage of the opening ceremony? What the heck?! Probably to show commercials. And then they might not even show all of it?
Well I hope for you that you'll get to see them. If not, I'll see if I can up a video, though my recording has probably plenty of artifacts, since my old receiver can't handle high bitrates. Fortunately, the channels which are showing tennis have lower bitrates than the big channels ARD and ZDF. Neely, I am counting on you, in case those two are showing any tennis.
I think they're not showing them live moreso for the fact that no one would watch them if they were on live. This way they start in prime time and everyone can watch. They always do them primetime here in the States. I'm thinking more for the viewership (therefore, for the commericals) than... I proved your point. The end!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #26
country flag Yappa

Here in Germany they were showing it live and right now they're showing it again tape delayed, though not all of it, but almost. So yeah, the american TV should have shown it, regardless of the time.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:34 AM   #27
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
I saw Kiwi while marching in and later in the crowd, if I remember it correctly. He seemed to enjoy it very much and was smiling.

But I must have missed Rainer.

Also Nadal, Federer, Murray were shown several times.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:18 AM   #28
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
I saw Kiwi while marching in and later in the crowd, if I remember it correctly. He seemed to enjoy it very much and was smiling.

THEY SHOWED KIWI ON USA TV!!!!!!! Didn't say anthing about him, obv, but we all screamed.

Here they didn't show Spain, they showed Rafa for about five minutes, discussing the Wimbledon final.

We also got shots of Federer, Gonzo, Robredo, Ferrer, Ivanovic & Djokovic. That's all I noticed.

As far as the USA goes, we got Davenport & the Bryans brothers walking in and then James Blake for a while on the infield chatting with other athletes. And I must say, he looked very good in that Ralph Lauren outfit.

I can't believe they showed Kiwi. I'm so excited right now and it was like 4 seconds of him.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #29
country flag HoistDaColors

HoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond repute

is that him on the right? i can't tell.

someone please upload a picture of kiwi in that gray suit.
HoistDaColors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #30
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Rainer was walking left behind Kiwi when Kiwi saw himself on the tv screen he turned around and looked at Rainer
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote