Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-)) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 PM   #61
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdwick View Post
Good. Let's hope KA isn't the qualifier.

No one else around here it seems.
1R -- Anderson v Bolelli. Of all the qualifiers, he's like the only one I didn't want Nole to possibly play.
kalisita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #62
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena_78 View Post
Your avy

Serbia lost to USA in volleyball World League finals, so everyone who follows volleyball, congrats!
I don't, so a for you:

You like the av? Kiefer He scares me sooo much and I would never try to talk with him but doesn't require talking

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #63
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
I like Zimonjic too. Everyone I know who has ever had an interaction with him speaks highly of him And from what I've observed of him interacting with people, he seems
Not me but that's more my fault than his. Anyway, my love for Nestor will compensate for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisita View Post
1R -- Anderson v Bolelli. Of all the qualifiers, he's like the only one I didn't want Nole to possibly play.
I will cheer very very hard for Bolelli. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #64
country flag smileitsmyan

smileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond reputesmileitsmyan has a reputation beyond repute

I have a weird thing where I cancel all of my plans for an entire day if they interfere with one of Nole's matches (or any big match) because I try my very hardest to watch every match that I can. Ever since that RG semifinal, his body language on the court just hasn't been the same. He used to walk around with a nonchalance and almost spring in his step and when he misses a shot continuously and then pulls it off, he finds humor in it. In the last few matches that I've seen, he hasn't been playing at his best, and more importantly, his body language and his facial expressions just aren't right. I feel like he's putting so much pressure on himself to perform and to veer away from his "Djoker" persona that I feel as though it's hurting him, not helping him. It's almost as if he wants people to see him as a "serious professional tennis payer" when I feel as though his personality and his lighthearted-ness has made him so successful. His ability to not take his game so seriously kept him relaxed and helped him to focus under pressure. Now however, it feels as though he has something else on his mind and it worries me because I really don't want him to end up as another Safin.
smileitsmyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #65
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisita View Post
******!

May onions grow in his armpits.
Herdwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #66
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
******!

OMG - what a totally wonderful expression I second it completely.

And Myan - I understand what you are saying about Nole in your post. I think he just needs time to get used to the pressure at the top of the game, and we just need to be there to support him Nice to meet you by the way

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #67
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileitsmyan View Post
I have a weird thing where I cancel all of my plans for an entire day if they interfere with one of Nole's matches (or any big match) because I try my very hardest to watch every match that I can. Ever since that RG semifinal, his body language on the court just hasn't been the same. He used to walk around with a nonchalance and almost spring in his step and when he misses a shot continuously and then pulls it off, he finds humor in it. In the last few matches that I've seen, he hasn't been playing at his best, and more importantly, his body language and his facial expressions just aren't right. I feel like he's putting so much pressure on himself to perform and to veer away from his "Djoker" persona that I feel as though it's hurting him, not helping him. It's almost as if he wants people to see him as a "serious professional tennis payer" when I feel as though his personality and his lighthearted-ness has made him so successful. His ability to not take his game so seriously kept him relaxed and helped him to focus under pressure. Now however, it feels as though he has something else on his mind and it worries me because I really don't want him to end up as another Safin.

I agree with a lot of what you said here And I have a response I want to type but I am late for work so.... I will respond later

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #68
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileitsmyan View Post
I agree that there seems to be something missing. He always talks about how he likes to play tennis and make it fun on the court. I agree that since he made an effort to stop being "the Djoker" that seems to be gone. I understand that he wants to be taken seriously but he shouldn't take it to a point where it changes his personality. Hopefully, all our worries here are for nothing, though, and he's back to normal in Cinci.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #69
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
******!

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #70
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.

Interesting what you're saying about perhaps Nole trying to not be the joker and perhaps being too serious and trying too hard to be the serious pro and it might be hurting his game a bit - not just the pressure of trying to get to #2 and then #1 but to do it in a "statesmanlike" manner. Federer and Nadal have had a lot of good press for their conduct in rivalry in the past few years - I wouldn't be surprised if that's something Nole would like said about him - and I suspect the stuff in Monte Carlo about his retirement might have hurt his feelings a fair bit.

Maybe he's trying too hard to be seen in the same way as those two guys rather than letting it happen naturally as a consequence of his results and his comportment on court and off it?

Another thing - he's always been, you know, complimentary and nice to his opponents at the net when he wins or loses, which is nice, but sometimes he almost seems to be too nice - like with Safin at Wimbledon it was almost "thank you for beating me" - if you know what I mean Could be coming from the same place - the desire to be seen as a great sportsman, which I think these days he largely is anyway.

Thing is, if he's trying too hard and not having fun on the court, not enjoying his tennis, that's no good either. When Murray was with Brad Gilbert he wasn't having fun anymore on court, putting too much pressure on himself and the results were patchy and then the wrist injury happened. He needed to get back to enjoying his tennis while striving for the results, getting the right balance. Perhaps things are just a bit out of balance for Nole right now.

He is a very smart guy though, and he learns very very fast, so I don't expect him to take very long making any adjustments that are needed.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #71
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute

Agree - have always thought Nole is pretty sensitive and he does take himself a bit too seriously. His interviews are starting to reflect this - the jokey comments have largely disappeared and he can sound formulaic. He is certainly desperately keen to be popular. It was obvious at the AO that he was pretty gutted at the crowd's partiality for Tsonga. He will be only too aware of the negative comments which he has received this year and this can only add to the pressure.
Herdwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #72
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He will be only too aware of the negative comments which he has received this year and this can only add to the pressure.
Brilliant. Really.

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #73
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Suddenly, Nole's draw doesn't look good to me. Potential Kevin Anderson in 2nd round and Berdych in 3rd round.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #74
country flag kalisita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Suddenly, Nole's draw doesn't look good to me. Potential Kevin Anderson in 2nd round and Berdych in 3rd round.
Berdych played well today to beat Gonzo for the first time. That should give him confidence. And, with Wawrinka out, there's basically only Blake stopping Gulbis from the QF.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #75
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Both Blake and Gulbis will play without their brains. But that's how Nole's playing these days, no?