Meeting Tommy! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2004, 01:07 AM   #1
country flag Als
Banned!

Als has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meeting Tommy!

Hey guys!

I just have to tell you about getting to see Tommy play live and meeting him Wimbledon this year!

I go to Wimbledon every year, and I finally got to see Tommy play after he missed it the last to years! His game was just so amazing to watch, so stylish! He is so talented, and he is so exciting to watch! I saw both of his Wimbledon matches, and I was in the front row for both of them. I also met him a few times, and he was unbelievably nice. He gave me his autograph, and then he posed for a photo with me, and another time I met him he signed this photo that I had of him and he made it out to me.

He is just such a lovely guy! He was friendly, chatty and genuine. Tommy has been my favourite player for a while now, but after seeing him at Wimbledon, he just surpassed all of my expectations. He was so obliging, and he seemed to appreciate the support of his fans!

Anyway, I really hope he makes it back up to the very top of the game again. He is so talented, and a really nice guy and he deserves a break! He's been so unlucky with injuries, and I just hope that he has a really long, injury-free career from here on in!

I hope he has a great hardcourt season, and GO TOMMY in your quarterfinal in LA!

You're the best Tommy, and you deserve only the best!
Als is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2004, 01:48 AM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting Tommy!

hi Als

thanks for your contribution, it's always nice to read such reports of people who have met players, especially of new posters who share their experiences.

I'm very glad for you that you enjoyed meeting Tommy.

Tommy has also a very interesting and exciting game, if you leave Mayer out who also has a huge variety of shots, Tommy has by far the best game/strokes of all Germans and his game is exciting and technically a beauty to watch.

But let me also say that Tommy can be quite a controversial person and that his personality when I met him at tournaments (twice in 2002 and several time the years before) never really convinced me. IMO he can be quite "nasty" and "unpleasent", too (hm, missing the English word that perfectly describes my feeling). The posters who know me a bit closer know that I'm always saying "I wouldn't like to be Tommy's girlfriend" and I fully trust me feeling and experiences here that I am right with this.

Still, I also don't want to deny that Tommy matured the last years. A lot of things happened in his life. His career, his dream playing tennis and performing was close to come to end due to his injury and also he was close to lose his parents after an accident. A few weeks ago, in a show on TV, he was saying that he is just happy playing tennis again and if he looks into the crowd he is happy to see his father sitting there alive and without a wheelchair. It sounded honest and I believe him every word.

Yeah, lets hope for a great career for Tommy and that he gives us many many interesting and exciting matches!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
country flag fleemke²

fleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond reputefleemke² has a reputation beyond repute

*dreams of meeting Tommy someday*

Tommy Haas and Olivier Rochus
fleemke² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
country flag Als
Banned!

Als has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond reputeAls has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Neely! Thanks a lot for your welcome! Oh I know that Tommy is a feisty character, and sure he often looks like a spoilt brat on court, but that is another reason that he is just so exciting to watch! There is never a dull moment with Tommy!

I know that Tommy can be difficult, but I think that his heart is definitely in the right place, and I think that he is a genuine guy. If you saw him at Wimbledon, he just looked so happy to be there, and he couldn't have been more obliging to people that came up to him. He was by far the nicest of any player there.

Tommy deserves to do well, and I really hope that he does.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #5
Steffi

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I was met with Tommy in 2002 Paris masters and this year in Roland Garros. He is very nice, i have more than 4 photos together with Tommy. I have so many autograph too.

He was Nr 2 on the list, I hope he come back in TOP 10 again!!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
country flag Denise

Denise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhhhhhh......i'd love to meet tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:14 AM   #7
country flag tommy_girl

tommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond repute

w0w u're so lucky.. i just wish i'd get to meet him too also..

Life is like the surf, so give yourself away like the sea.
- y tu mama tambien
tommy_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:14 PM   #8
country flag Hasifan

Hasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant futureHasifan has a brilliant future

I've a chance to see him practising in Roland-Garros 2001 and 2002. And this year I see his practising and see him playing his first round the in Roland-Garros 2004.
Hasifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:29 AM   #9
country flag Haasfan

Haasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond reputeHaasfan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, I was at Wimbledon to watch Tommy's first round match at Wimbledon, well half of it. Tommy is very exciting, an interesting character, very competetive. Though sometimes he's usually his own worst enemy, although I didn't watch him much recently due to no German TV apparently he's lost many matches stupidly, one heart-breaker seems to be the 2000 Stuttgart final against Magnus Norman lost after leading 2 sets to love. Did anyone have the misfortune to watch this match, I would certainly like to know what happened to Tommy that day.

I think Tommy can definetly achieve something this season, I think he can win at least one more big tournament this hardcourt season. Olympics is a possibility, as Tommy proved last time, beating Corretja, Mirnyi, and Federer to lose in 5 to Kafelnikov. The US Open is something I think he can challenge for as well.

Wells lets see what happens..............................
Haasfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:44 AM   #10
country flag Tommy'sGF

Tommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond reputeTommy'sGF has a reputation beyond repute

My Tommy is a beautiful person!! I´d say he´s even more beautiful in the inside(if that´s possible!! ) I met him this year at the nasdaq in Miami!! I got a pic with him and I talked to him for about 5 minutes! He´s a really funny guy really chatty and he smiles a lot and looks you right in the eyes (awww I almost passed away )!! I can´t say anything bad about him!! He´s super nice!!!!!!

Tommy!!! te quiero mucho!!!

Visit the Tommy Haas Fan Network: http://tommyhaas.webcindario.com/phpBB2
and the first Albert Costa Fanwebsite: http://albertcosta.cjb.net

Good luck to
David Ferrer - Kiwi - Albert Costa- Andreev - Youzhny- Delic

Jennifer Capriati & Tommy Haas

Last edited by Tommy'sGF : 07-20-2004 at 05:11 AM.
Tommy'sGF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #11
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same experiences with him than Neely.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #12
country flag Als
Banned!

Hey! I totally agree Tommy'sGF! He was so nice and friendly, he was the most obliging and approachable of any tennis player I've ever met and I've met quite a few!

And that is so true about him looking you in the eyes! He really looks at you when he talks to you, and he seems really genuine and appreciative of your support! When I said well done to him after his first round win at Wimbledon he gave me a really big happy smile and said thanks mate! He kept saying thanks mate and thanks man, and he was very chatty!

Oh and congrats to Tommy on his great win in LA! YOU'RE THE BEST TOMMY!