Is America a Nation in Decline? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #16
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is America a Nation in Decline?

I'd put my money on China as the next super power.

All these things are cyclical so it's only normal that sooner or later the U.S would be "replaced".

It will be interesting to see how these BRIC nations will end up dealing with economic success and one end of the spectrum, but still lots of poverty on the other. Most of these emerging nations have HUGE economic inbalances as a handful pocess almost all the money and the rest are dirt poor.

Sure, simialar things can be said about the rich in America in terms of holding most of the wealth, but the middle and poor class in America are better off than say, India or Russia.

It's the coming of a new era in world history, and it will be fascinating to how this unfolds.
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post

i actually believe its not a bad thing this global warming... except it its making things colder in summer here in ireland
Al Gore should visit Belfast. I just got back from 3 weeks in Ireland. I used to go to the river to swim in July. Now July is 4 weeks of cold drizzle. One night it was 3 degrees C. There is no Global warming!

The biggest threat to the US is Al Gore and his quest for Oscars, Emmys and other prizes. That hanging chad in Florida may have saved Western civilization.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-19-2008 at 01:42 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
I'd put my money on China as the next super power.
I wouldn't. All China has is population. What quality comes out of China? Nothing. As long as the communists are in power China has no chance of becoming a superpower, because Communism exists by saying everything is great, while everything is terrible. Nobody dares to be innovative, it is best to shut up and follow the Party directives. I am waiting for something hugely embarrassing to happen during the Olympics, because nobody will make a decision.
Don't think this is a slur on the Chinese. I am well aware of the excellence that appears once they emigrate.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #19
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
There is no Global warming!
There is global warming :retard:

Why don't you just go the full way and argue that the USA is not the cause (at least partially) of any problems? :retard:

To summarise so far.....

(1) - America has the best health care system on the planet
(2) - Global warming doesn't exist, thus the USA's policy on pollution is absolutely fine

Buddyholly :retard:
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #20
country flag federernadalfan
LOL

federernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond reputefederernadalfan has a reputation beyond repute

china is already considerably a superpower, but i don't think the US will relinquish the no. 1 spot anytime soon. The us should hold onto that position for at least another decade
federernadalfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #21
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Still not the largest in the world. That country we so love actually has slightly more as a percentage of GDP.
oh, you're right, i didn't know that. the total amount of debt was what i had in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnik
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2186rank.html
Actually Fannie and Freddie made nice recovories these last few days, along with the entire banking sector. But even if they didn't and they collapsed and the government didn't bail them out, I'd be OK with that and, in the lng run, so would the American economy. Unfortunately politicians only see short term but we'll see what happens.
that's true, i was just referring to a scenario where more financial companies needed help from the government.

Quote:
It's still the world currency. China and most middle-eastern countries still have their currencies pegged to the dollar and do all their deals in the US greenback. I also believe it will recover but I don't think it has a major effect on most US consumers. It's still a 90% self-sufficient economy.
but what about the mere fact that it's collapsing like it has never done before? currencies have always been the best indicator when it comes to national economies. the uk lost its powerhouse status when the sterling collapsed, for example.

Quote:
Many Mexicans have barely lived in California for a few years. Give them time and their standard of living will improve.
and then do what? join the rich in the gated communities? it's not like this is a reversable development. check out south america or africa.

Quote:
It's not that high. 2,9% in 2007.
it's gonna be higher in the coming months and years. wanna bet?

Quote:
This doesn't leave the country vulnerable at all. China has mostly taken the unskilled jobs. It doesn't have that negative an impact on America, especially the consumers that can get products much cheaper. Actually BMW and Volkswagen are moving some of their factories to America because of the cheaper labour due to the weak dollar.
the skilled jobs normally follow the unskilled ones.

Quote:
I've never seen this as a problem or negative issue. America was built on immigration and this will only boost the long-term strength of the economy.
i'm not talking about immigration of european high potentials, but about the vast amount of unskilled people "entering" the country from the south.

and when it comes to european emigration to the u.s.: australia and new zealand are catching up with america quite fast.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #22
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I wouldn't. All China has is population. What quality comes out of China? Nothing. As long as the communists are in power China has no chance of becoming a superpower, because Communism exists by saying everything is great, while everything is terrible. Nobody dares to be innovative, it is best to shut up and follow the Party directives. I am waiting for something hugely embarrassing to happen during the Olympics, because nobody will make a decision.
Don't think this is a slur on the Chinese. I am well aware of the excellence that appears once they emigrate.
yet.

ever heard of japan?

it's not like they're still true communists anyways. it rather resembles singapore to some extent, where they have just one party, true, but capitalism works well and the standard of living is matching the western figures. like a soft dictatorship. democracy isn't the only way to let capitalism unfold, even though it seems like a different kind of capitalism. maybe you can compare it to the french dirigisme under de gaulle.

and i don't think you have any idea of the chinese way of dealing with things if you really think there are not gonna be any innovations coming out of china. you wait and see, buddy.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #23
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I think in the near future, India will become the biggest economic force. As for the US decline, you would have to be a fool not to see it. The question is more how will the US deal with loosing its superiority in everything but military power...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #24
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Considering their views on Human rights, I don't think China should be allowed to attain number 1. spot of being the leading Nation Economically and in Military terms.Russia is just as bad when it comes to Human Rights. I would rather it be the EU if they ever manage to make it work.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #25
country flag djoky

djoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond reputedjoky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I think in the near future, India will become the biggest economic force. As for the US decline, you would have to be a fool not to see it. The question is more how will the US deal with loosing its superiority in everything but military power...
Simple, we will fuck up every country that is ahead of us. Then we will be number one on everything.
djoky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #26
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Considering their views on Human rights, I don't think China should be allowed to attain number 1. spot of being the leading Nation Economically and in Military terms.Russia is just as bad when it comes to Human Rights. I would rather it be the EU if they ever manage to make it work.
Human rights and economic growth are not mutually exclusive.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #27
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Ok to be precise: In military terms. Don't want a country like China dominating the world on a military scale, their human rights record is just frightenning.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:27 PM   #28
country flag Stensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
...their human rights record is just frightenning.
it's a bit worse than the u.s.', that is true. on the other hand: china has been one of the most peaceful "big" nations that ever existed.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #29
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoky View Post
Simple, we will fuck up every country that is ahead of us. Then we will be number one on everything.
Chilling, disturbing, frightening.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:46 AM   #30
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
it's a bit worse than the u.s.', that is true. on the other hand: china has been one of the most peaceful "big" nations that ever existed.
Are you kidding? Ever heard of Mao Zedong? Ever heard of Tibet? I'd sure love you to name any massacres you think took place on American soil.

China have unquestionably one of the worst human rights records in modern history.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote