Looking for a step up - Help pls - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
country flag ddzc

ddzc is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a step up - Help pls

Hi all,

I don't know much about racquets and what specs to look for (stringing). I'm currently playing with a cheapo Head Titanium 3000, pre-strung.

I would like to upgrade b/c this racquet is not too great, very low power, low spin, etc...its a beginners racquet and im looking to step up on my game.

What type of information would I look for to determine the right racquet for me? How does the stringing work? I would like an all around good racquet which has good ratings for all types of game play.

Here are the current stats of my racquet:

Beam: 22 mm
Head size: 645 cm²
Weight: 275 g - 9.7 Ounce
Balance: 325 mm
Length: Standard, 685 mm
Gripsize: 1-5
String Pattern: 16/19
Swingstyle: None
Tension: 24-28KP / 52-62LBS

I want something similar in weight..would I suffer in the performance category for something of similar weight? I've never tried other racquets and I can't demo.

I was thinking about the Dunlop Aerogel 300.

I haven't looked up these but I may be able to get good deals from a store on the below:

Wilson K Tour
Wilson K Blade 98
Wilson K Six One Lite
Wilson K Sting 105
Head Microgel Radical OS
Head Metallix 2

Thanks
ddzc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a step up - Help pls

if you want something pretty similar but better then the babolat aero strike and dunlop aerogel 500 fit the bill.

of the rackets you have listed the k tour and k blade are more control orientated and provide less power, the k six one lite you should avoid unless you are 10 years old or a weak woman, the k sting would be the easiest to use and is easier than your current racket, the mg radical is a players oversize so has a nice sweetspot but you may not like the weight, and the metallix 2 is lighter than your current racket and a larger headsize so would be easier but probably a step in the wrong direction
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
country flag ddzc

Thanks for the response,

I actualyl never realized the aerogels go up to 1000. What do you think about the 800,900 and 1000 which have the new technology built in?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

the 800, 900 and 1000 are very light, with very large headsizes: they are beginner rackets and ones you should not consider
Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
country flag ddzc

Thanks for the response,

I'm reading a lot of people with the aerogel 200 and 300..not many with 500...whats the main difference between the 3?

Also, what do you think about the Prince O3 Shark?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
country flag jazar

the aerogel 200 is very much a control orientated racket and is something i dont think you should consider. the 300 is a light players racket, which isnt really too dissimilar to what you are using but would still be a more control frame and a reasonable step up. the 500 is pretty much the same as what you have, but is a lot better quality and is a very nice racket.

the prince shark will be a little bit heavier, but because of its O3 technology you still get a lot of ease of use, due to the fact you get a larger sweetspot