Hardcourt season 2008 - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #436
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hardcourt season 2008

Allez Gilles keep it up.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #437
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

GILLU take his service game to 1-1 in the begining of 3rd set....
BP to GILLES...........
well not this time but he plays better and better.....1-2
and broken again........1-3
....uffff 1-4
and BP again...that leads to 1-5
.............................................1-6

POOR GILLU !!!

Last edited by rtgy : 08-30-2008 at 11:29 PM.
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #438
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

OK good start 1-0.......

ALLEZ GILLES !!!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:09 AM   #439
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Gilles!

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #440
country flag rtgy

SO we go to a final set.......................

GO GILLES

Last edited by rtgy : 08-31-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #441
country flag rtgy

well J.M. survives here...........0-1
Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #442
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Damnit, Melzer. Couldn't put Muckhead away in the third set.
Muzza won

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:19 AM   #443
country flag rtgy

he saves BP wow..............GO GILLES
....1-2
well broken.....1-3
REBREAK........2-3
HE IS BACK.......GO GILLES !!!
..........3-3
3-4 Del Potro realy survives here...........
BP........................3-5
..and MP1...game over 2-3 sets to J.M. DEL PORTO

POOR GILLU !!!

Last edited by rtgy : 08-31-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:22 AM   #444
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles

im so sad for him

nice fight

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:25 AM   #445
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles

But not a bad tournament. He got unlucky in drawing the hardest possible seed to face in the 3rd round for the top 16 players.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #446
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. He was so happy to be seeded in the top 16 and got the worst possible seed in the 3rd round. :-/

Here is the summary of his audio interview for the FFT website, it's his reaction just after the match:

It was a tough match, as expected, not everything was perfect, but there were some very good things, so it's a big disappointement, it's hard to take. But if he's going to lose, he prefers it to be that way, that's what he's saying to himself to cheer himself up.

The journalist means he was really hanging on there like mad and the TB of the 2nd set was amazing with a very crazy rallye in particular. He answers he thought his heart was going to explode after that point.

The problem in his opinion is that he didn't take a good start. He had troubles seeing the ball, so he had to draw on his mental reserves very soon and to pay too much attention just to stay in the match in the first sets - and he paid for it at the end.
He broke him only two times, which is very rare for him in 5 sets. Delpo serves well, but not THAT well.
So the first two sets cost him too much energy and he was starting to feel very tired when he was broken in the 5th set. But when he was looking at the opponent, he could see Delpo wasn't looking fresh either.
There are so many points he would like to play again. He had chances to break in the 1st game of the 5th set. There were some strange umpiring decisions, but he can't complain, there were mistakes to his advantage too, so it was even in that regard. But it was so close in the end, if he had broken in that 1st game of the 5th set, everything would have been so much easier.

He's played up to his rank in his opinion today. Delpo can hardly play much better, he was taking a lot of risks and all his shots were in. Delpo also told him at the end at the net that he really could have lost today. He was just a little bit more confident, his series of wins is so impressive and he's playing on it a lot. He plays so fast, takes the ball so early, he's really excellent from his baseline, covers the court very well too.
Gilles has been his 22nd victim, but "at least I'm saying to myself that he really had a hard time today and I'm happy about that!" (he uses a pretty ordinary expression in French out of the blue to say that, so it's funny, one can feel his rage - "mais au moins il en a chié aujourd'hui!")
Without that series of victories, maybe Gilles would have won today. Delpo was looking tired in the end, but when he was going for his shots, they stayed within the limits of the court. And Gilles knew that was going to happen because it's characteristic of a player wich so much confidence. Gilles was too passiv, he was waiting for Delpo to make an UE, Delpo was dictating the game. He put up a fierce resistance, but it's too bad because he knew he was playing a very confident player and that when a player is that confident, his shots won't go out and he shouldn't wait for the error.
He should have taken the initiative. He felt it coming, but he was unable to change his game, unfortunately, and what he was afraid of happened in the end.

And he sometimes throws in remarks like "c'est dommage, c'est dommage" during the interview (it's too bad, it's too bad!), he really sounds quite disappointed.

Last edited by Truc : 08-31-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #447
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles

Although I don't think he should have been any more aggresive. Maybe he could have come to the net more instead of waiting for the high balls to bounce... That really messed him up. But the no pace balls were good, they were low and way out of Del Potro's hitting zone so he couldn't generate a lot of pace. I think Gilles needs to develop a slice IMO, and as I said coming to the net more will be good. He's almost there. Hope he can make another run at a MS by the end of the year. PReferrably Paris.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #448
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I missed these "no pace balls" yesterday, I thought he didn't "neutralize" Delpo's game as well as he can do against big hitters, especially in the first set when I was really wondering what he was trying to do exactly out there (but he says now he had problems to adjust to the conditions).
The match report on the official website says "Simon hit flat balls, keeping his shots low but with little pace", but I thought his shots had too much pace, I wanted him to "tamper" more with his game, to destabilize Delpo more. Maybe playing more slice indeed, more unexpected things. Like when people used to compare him with Santoro back in 2006. He so wants to show now he's not just a pusher, I wish he would also get back to the old tricks at times.

Paris would be nice because he never plays well there and I'm sure it really, really pisses him off.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #449
country flag *Raine

*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles and everyone else

| San Antonio Spurs | NY Mets| Pittsburgh Penguins
~Cristiano Ronaldo ~ Albert Pujols ~ Ricky Rubio
*Raine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #450
country flag Truc

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/us-o...008-186039.php
He confirms he will defend his title in Bucharest. He came back to France yesterday already.

And Del Potro told him at the net: "If we replayed the match, maybe you would win it".
He says again he was too passive.