EPL Season 08/09 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #46
country flag Maco_Andrej

Maco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EPL Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Portsmouth w/o the big 4 is currently a huge price at 7/1 (in fact up until a couple of days ago they were 9/1). At first I thought they might struggle to deal with Europe and the league, but the more I think about it the more well set they are. Their defence was very solid last season and with Defoe/Crouch that should yield a consistent supply of goals and classy midfield talent like Kranjcar and Diarra - it's definitely a play worth making.

When you consider Spurs are 7/4 currently and may lose Berbatov and/or Keane, then it's a no brainer to back Portsmouth at 7/1. Villa and Man.City are also both shorter than Portsmouth and that makes little sense to me when you look at the respective squads.

I'm going to put Portsmouth in a patent with Valencia @ 6/1 (w/o Real & Barca) & Birmingham to win the Championship @ 6/1.
Gotta agree with you in terms of them forming and good team, but in terms of them finishing 5th there's noway, i think Everton, Tottenham, City and Villa have a much better chance.
Maco_Andrej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #47
country flag kokot

kokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond reputekokot has a reputation beyond repute

intresting market is open,on points at pinnie...might have closer look.so far no big signings for manu,and they put manu 84.5 points...seems to me bit too much.
kokot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #48
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

I would back the Under 84.5 points, i don't see United winning it this season as i believe that the only reason they won it last season was because of Ronaldo and now he is acting like a child with the hole transfer situation. Players are getting old and Rooney isn't in form. They won't get off to a promising start to be honest.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #49
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond repute

united 2.88 to win the premiership? That is absolute madness for the best team in England and in Europe. United own this premiership title, they won the past 2 years and have won 10 times out of 16 since it began.

Last 2 season they finished easily over 84.5 pts, don't see why not this season as the younger players are only getting better
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #50
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Arsenal are reported to be offering 7m pounds for new Brazillian wonderkid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec67hFGyTkA

Unfortunayely they face an offer from Greek club Olympiakos to sign the player ahead of there CL campaigne.

Apparently he is classed as the new Pato, ony Pato is 18 and Diogo is 20.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #51
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Robbie Keane has been sold to Liverpool. Which means Ramos has some funds to spend. It's crazy the number of players Spurs has been linked to this summer transfer.

Looks like Bentley deal is as good as done.
Mecir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:35 AM   #52
country flag Gamblore

Chelsea and Man United have ruined football. Well, so has Real Madrid. But the market has just sky rocketed on players these days.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:56 AM   #53
country flag Gamblore

Arsenal sign Amaury Bischoff from Werder Bremen.

He will feature in Emirates Cup games.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #54
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Bentley in...now for one of the Russians, or maybe both!
Mecir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #55
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig-Jag View Post
I don't think Ramos has any idea what he is doing, to be honest..
It took you too long to realize. Ramos´ success was mostly due to the great manager they had in Sevilla. This will be a funny season for him at White Hart Lane
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #56
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

For those long term value seekers out there, I think this bet may interest some of you. Coral are offering Ronaldo top premier league goalscorer at 12's (EW 1/4 odds for FOUR places). So 12's to top the charts and 3's to get a place. Given that he is now back from injury earlier than expected, I think it's a great price.

Zaki currently leads the way with 4 goals and other notables like Adebayor (3) and Torres (1) are hardly out of Ronaldo's reach. If he can have anywhere near the type of season he did last year, a place is surely in the bag, and if he can come out on top so much the better.

As far as my own ante post picks, I didn't go with the patent I spoke about earlier in the thread, I hedged the bet somewhat and went for an EW treble instead of the patent.

Portsmouth w/o big four @ 6/1 (6/4 to place 1,2,3)
Birmingham championship @ 6/1 (6/4 to place 1,2,3)
Valencia w/o big two @ 6/1 (2/1 to place 1,2)

I'm confident of all placing and giving me a healthy return, I think Birmingham will win the championship (very confident given the manner in which they have started the season), and if Portsmouth and Valencia can finish 5th and 3rd respectively (if we are to assume the big 4 and big 2 get the top places in England and Spain) then I really will be smiling.

Portsmouth losing to Chelsea and Man.Utd was to be expected, they've bounced back very well. Valencia have had a solid start and do look, as I suspected and most expected, a different proposition to the mess they were for so much of last season.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #57
country flag Maco_Andrej

Maco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeMaco_Andrej has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool -1.0 @ 1.70
Atletico Madrid -1.0 @ 2.35
West Ham @ 2.10
Arsenal @ 1.70
Roma -1.0 @ 2.00
Maco_Andrej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #58
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

west ham and liverpool started 20 mins ago maco!

west ham 1-0 up
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote