EPL Season 08/09 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #31
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EPL Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig-Jag View Post
Bottom line is Ronny wanted CL and a bigger club, and thats what he got. Man City don't have a chance for CL.
What's wrong with that? Should be the ambition of any player to play for a top club.

Quote:
Milan may pull a Bayern Munich and get knocked out. Uefa Cup is full of surprises.
It's not so full of surprises, quality sides that should have won the UEFA Cup on paper went on to do so, like Valencia, Sevilla in recent years. If you look at the UEFA Cup line up, it's very hard to look past Milan. Of course it doesn't mean that all will go according to plan, but 7's on a side that is clearly superior to the other contenders has to be had.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #32
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahli View Post
I wouldn't back Milan for the UEFA yet either.. You never know which teams will join after the first round of CL and compete in the UEFA after the winterbreak.
I don't ever factor that into the equation because how many teams who are better than Milan are going to get knocked out of the CL GS in 3rd place? Realistically? When you consider the seeding process means that any potential drop out will be a side like Werder Bremen or Benfica.

Quote:
I like your view on Pompey, jayjay. But I will just wait two more weeks to see what happens with Tottenham and any transfers before making any bets. Losing Berbatov and Keane would be a huge loss, but on the other hand they will have quite a lot of money to spend then as well.
The way I see it at present is that, yes, Spurs are the most likely to get 5th spot. But I don't see the differential between them and Portsmouth being the 7/4 - 7/1 that is reflected in the price. And this is IF Spurs keep Berbatov and Keane. If they lose one or even both of them, then Spurs's chances take a hit, and if they lose both, take a fatal hit. I don't see Spurs selling both, I think they'll probably have to let one go - Berbatov most likely as Liverpool aren't even sure they have the funds to get Barry and Keane.

The difference between Spurs and Portsmouth (even with Berbatov/Keane staying) will only be the odd win here or there, so the 7/1 is definitely the price to take, unless you believe Spurs will romp 5th spot - which I don't see any reason to think why that should happen. They are improved, but they are not that good.

If you wait till Berbatov/Keane leave, Pompey might be 3-4/1 instead of the 7's currently on offer, even just with the speculation they've been cut from 9's alone.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #33
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think Ramos has any idea what he is doing, to be honest.
Santos is shit, Modric isn't anything great. Not good signings imo.
Modric isn't anything great? Have u ever seen full matches of him? He is one of the most technique-skilled players around. He will definitely improve the Spurs next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
I don't ever factor that into the equation because how many teams who are better than Milan are going to get knocked out of the CL GS in 3rd place? Realistically? When you consider the seeding process means that any potential drop out will be a side like Werder Bremen or Benfica.
That is true, I wouldn't see in a full competition who really could beat Milan, but over two matches though.. Suprising things have happend before.

Quote:
The way I see it at present is that, yes, Spurs are the most likely to get 5th spot. But I don't see the differential between them and Portsmouth being the 7/4 - 7/1 that is reflected in the price. And this is IF Spurs keep Berbatov and Keane. If they lose one or even both of them, then Spurs's chances take a hit, and if they lose both, take a fatal hit. I don't see Spurs selling both, I think they'll probably have to let one go - Berbatov most likely as Liverpool aren't even sure they have the funds to get Barry and Keane.

The difference between Spurs and Portsmouth (even with Berbatov/Keane staying) will only be the odd win here or there, so the 7/1 is definitely the price to take, unless you believe Spurs will romp 5th spot - which I don't see any reason to think why that should happen. They are improved, but they are not that good.

If you wait till Berbatov/Keane leave, Pompey might be 3-4/1 instead of the 7's currently on offer, even just with the speculation they've been cut from 9's alone.
I think the Spurs will get decent enough strikers when Berbatov or Keane will leave. Can't see them both leaving though. They still got pure quality on midfield with Modric and a superb goalie in Gomes, who will win matches for them.

I still have to do quite some research, and the beginning of August is early enough for me to place the bets. I would consider laying Pompey at 3-4/1 rather then backing them at that price.
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #34
country flag dukenukem

dukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond reputedukenukem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Modric isn't anything great.
that's just stupid.

Modric will become one of Europes elite midfielders, did you not watch euro?
dukenukem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:27 AM   #35
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond repute

modric is good but just a poor mans fabregas (which is good, but not quite elite)
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #36
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Modric isn't anything special. Anyone looks good at the Euros. Spurs sign anyone Arsenal look into, its bullshit.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #37
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it is kinda useless to have a discussion with no end , but are u just making your opinion on how he performed on Euro or based on the whole season he played?

It seems to look like Ronaldo is staying at Utd. News of the World has the rumour that Van Persie could leave to Juventus, while it would be absolutely insane when Kaka leaves Milan for Chelsea for 80 million pound. Villa might get Green from West Ham.
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #38
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Kaka will not go to Chelsea. Surely, Van Persie will stay at Arsenal, if not we could be in trouble.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #39
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Modric isn't anything special. Anyone looks good at the Euros. Spurs sign anyone Arsenal look into, its bullshit.
Wouldn't expect anything less from a true gooners fan

That said I think Modric will be a difference maker for spurs - the guy is class. We may lose Keane and Berbatov, but they will be replaced...I suspect by players that give us more speed and thus ability to counter attack.
Mecir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #40
country flag Ontie

Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute

too tiny for the Premier League this Modric...
how is Ledley King's recover for the Spurs???

The respect: Lars Graf
The eye: Mohamed Layhani
The charisma: Carlos Bernardes
The voice: Kader Nouni + Steve Ullrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
if somalia goverment could be little bit clever they would solve the food crisis with one bet.
Ontie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #41
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Gambler View Post
too tiny for the Premier League this Modric...
how is Ledley King's recover for the Spurs???
He is fit to go...but I doubt he can remain so for long. We need cover for him and Woodgate cos Dawson is shit if he's not playing alongside one of them.

Fabregas isn't much bigger than Modric so I think he will be fine.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #42
country flag Gamblore

Good news, we may buy Yaya Toure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmhKqXur-6w

He can score goals, sold.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #43
country flag Mecir

Quote:
Good news, we may buy Yaya Toure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmhKqXur-6w

He can score goals, sold.
Looks like Ade may be staying put. Good news for you Arsenal fans.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #44
country flag Gamblore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecir View Post
Looks like Ade may be staying put. Good news for you Arsenal fans.
I had hoped we would have shipped him out by now. Though it hasn't looked like we were going to sign anyone of late.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #45
country flag Mecir

Quote:
I had hoped we would have shipped him out by now. Though it hasn't looked like we were going to sign anyone of late.
We're in the same situation with Berbs - if we can't manage a deal then he stays and plays disgruntled...