The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread - Page 95 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #1411
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Maybe Andy Can Learn from the WINNER SWIMMERS before the USO" Summer HC Thre

pooooooooooor Victoria

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #1412
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Maybe Andy Can Learn from the WINNER SWIMMERS before the USO" Summer HC Thre

Wertheim is such an idiot, trying to create some "icy" drama between Andy and Novak

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #1413
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Wertheim is such an idiot, trying to create some "icy" drama between Andy and Novak
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #1414
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

I just got home from work and turned on the tv in time to see Andy's press conference ZINGing Djokovic. Andy, I love you.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:16 AM   #1415
country flag Deboogle!.

All the press conference videos are on the USO Site

He was just being funny. Luckily this time they tried to create drama, Courier mostly dispelled it, unlike Wertheim who was dreaming up all kinds of crap this afternoon

Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #1416
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Media shit-stirring again. And I finally saw the Werthless video where he claims there's a "frost" between Andy and Novak. Really now? Andy is chummier with Novak than many other players on tour.

Anyway, I hope Novak is cured of his myriad of ailments and that tonight's match is a classic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Roddick mocks Djokovic’s ailments
By Ohm Youngmisuk, New York Daily News

Novak Djokovic is known for his hilarious impersonations of other tennis stars, but the Serbian jokester is also developing a reputation for what some see as his acting when it comes to his own health.

Andy Roddick made the most anticipated quarterfinal of the tournament Thursday between himself and Djokovic the spiciest one as well by suggesting that Djokovic’s theatrics are as impressive as his groundstrokes.

When a reporter started to ask Roddick about Djokovic’s laundry list of ailments, starting with a right ankle injury, the eighth-seeded American interrupted by joking, “Isn’t it both of them?”

“And a back and a hip?” Roddick added, after crushing Fernando Gonzalez in the fourth round on Tuesday night. “And a cramp?”

Roddick couldn’t help himself and didn’t stop there. He interrupted another question about Djokovic by blurting out, “Bird flu.” And then when told that the third-seeded Djokovic has a long list of illnesses, Roddick cracked, “Anthrax. SARS. Common cough and cold.”

“If it’s there, it’s there,” Roddick clarified. “There’s just a lot. You know, he’s either quick to call a trainer or he’s the most courageous guy of all time. I think it’s up for you guys to decide.”

So much for tennis etiquette.

Djokovic, meanwhile, skipped his practice session Wednesday and opted for rest at his hotel, but his spokesperson said that Djokovic will wait until he steps onto the court to respond.

“Novak speaks on-court and has no comment on this today,” said Benito Perez-Barbadillo. “The only thing to say is that it will be a difficult match against a great player like Roddick. Novak will try his best as usual.”

Regardless of what is said and no matter how many times Djokovic calls for the trainer, his quarterfinal showdown with Roddick has the makings of the best match of the tournament. Roddick is playing his finest tennis in quite some time, including his 6-2, 6-4, 6-1 demolition of the 11th-seeded Gonzalez. Healthy and confident, Roddick has lost just one set in his four victories thus far and is looking to crash the Nadal-Federer Grand Slam party. Those two have played in the French and Wimbledon finals and are looking to make it a third straight Slam final showdown. Roddick hasn’t played in a Grand Slam final since the 2006 U.S. Open, when he lost to Federer.

Djokovic, this year’s Australian Open champ, is hoping to make it back to the U.S. Open final for the second straight year, but his road thus far has been strenuous. Djokovic needed five sets to overcome 15th-seeded Tommy Robredo in the fourth round after grinding out a four-set win over 30th-seeded Marin Cilic in the third round.

Against Robredo, Djokovic called for a trainer to examine his injured right hip and right ankle. Robredo accused Djokovic of stalling during the 4-6, 6-2, 6-3, 5-7, 6-3 victory.

“If you’re not fit enough, then don’t play,” Robredo said. “But after every time he was asking for a trainer, he was running like hell and he was making the shot, but he does what he does a lot of times.”

“So did I trust him? No,” Robredo continued. “I think he took his time because he did it because he was a little bit more tired and that’s a part of his game.”

While both Djokovic and Roddick have similar games with huge serves and big groundstrokes, the two are about as different as they come when it comes to the pace at which they like to play. Roddick, who is 1-1 lifetime against Djokovic, plays as if always in a rush to get somewhere. Djokovic is notorious for taking his sweet time. When the two were on the court together during this year’s kids’ day before the tournament, both poked good-natured fun at each other with impersonations of each other’s serve. Djokovic impersonated Roddick’s herky-jerky rushed service routine while Roddick made fun of Djokovic’s habit of bouncing the ball a dozen times, or often much more, before pivotal serves.

Whether Djokovic’s on-court ailments are embellished or real, only he knows.

“He’s the favorite and it seems like every Grand Slam, he’s having these long, drawn-out kind of battles and he can’t go anymore and all these things,” Roddick said. “And I’m not really going to worry about all that. The story lines are the story lines. I just want to stick to it and play well.”

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/stor...t-at-U.S.-Open
Andy Roddick (8) vs. Novak Djokovic (3)

The biggest question heading into this match is the physical status of the Serbian. Djokovic showed his tenacity in his tough five-set win over Tommy Robredo in the fourth round. Djokovic had to call for the trainer for treatment on a hip problem and battled an upset stomach as well. Since he was also taken to a fourth-set tiebreaker in his dramatic win over Marin Cilic in the third round, Djokovic will need to bounce back to be ready for the challenge presented by the top ranked American. He can not afford to labor through the same kind of slow start he endured dropping the opening set to Robredo.

Roddick should come into the match full of confidence after dismantling Fernando Gonzalez in straight sets in the fourth round. The 2003 U.S. Open champion has only had one tough match so far in New York — when he was taken to four sets by Ernests Gulbis in the second round. Roddick and Djokovic have split their two prior meetings. Roddick won their last match in Dubai the week he beat Nadal and Djokovic in back-to-back matches on his way to the championship. Roddick was dialed in against Gonzalez, winning 93 percent of his first-serve points. If he serves that well in the quarterfinals, he could power his way in the semis.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bruce Jenkins should know better than to write this stuff. But the media is anxious to hype up any bad blood to create drama.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SP7112NNSU.DTL
U.S. OPEN NOTEBOOK
Roddick, Djokovic have an edge

Bruce Jenkins, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, September 4, 2008

Six months have passed since Andy Roddick dropped Jimmy Connors as his coach, but it seems the influence has lingered. In the Connors tradition, Roddick has taken a defiant stance toward Novak Djokovic, his opponent tonight in the U.S. Open quarterfinals.

These are the two players believed to be closest to the Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal hierarchy at this tournament, and although they have played only twice before, a fierce rivalry is developing.

The acrimony began last year, when Roddick learned he was among the targets in Djokovic's formidable arsenal of impressions. Djokovic performs his mime good-naturedly, but Roddick was among those who didn't see the humor.

At the annual Arthur Ashe Kids' Day before this year's Open, the two men staged a playful exhibition at Ashe Stadium with actor Stanley Tucci in the chair. At one point, Roddick implored Djokovic to show the kids an impression or two. Djokovic responded with a hilarious take on Roddick's trademark shirt-tug and violent service motion. Roddick responded by bending over and bouncing the ball dozens of times. (Djokovic has angered opponents with this tactic, especially on big points, and once bounced the ball 32 times before serving to Federer in the semifinals of this year's Australian Open.)

Witnesses sensed an edge to the exchange, and when Roddick was asked Tuesday night about the ailments and injury timeouts that characterized Djokovic's victory over Tommy Robredo, he turned bitterly sarcastic.

"What is it, a back and a hip?" he said. "And a cramp. Bird flu. Anthrax. SARS. Common cough and cold."

"Do you think he's bluffing?" someone asked.

"No, there's just a lot," Roddick said. "He's either quick to call a trainer or he's the most courageous guy of all time."

If Roddick stays in Connors-like attack mode, he'll play tonight's crowd for all he's worth. Djokovic has admitted being irritated over support for his opponents during the Open, and he displayed openly hostile reactions toward the Australian Open fans in January when they sided with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the final.

Djokovic won his first career matchup with Roddick at Montreal in 2007, but Roddick triumphed at Dubai this year. Both were on hard courts.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg espn_showmen.jpg (235.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg topper-roddick.jpg (22.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg tennis_g_roddick_400.jpg (43.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg andy0903111454.jpg (31.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg andy0903112820.jpg (31.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg andy0903133520.jpg (27.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg andy4567.jpg (43.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg andy12D395.jpg (26.4 KB, 6 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-04-2008 at 07:31 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #1417
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

There's no frost, Andy and Novak practice together they are friends. The media is just :retard: anyways, I know and all of you know Andy won't stand for any Novak antics and he'll be quick to get the crowd on his side/booing Novak for anything...
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #1418
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
There's no frost, Andy and Novak practice together they are friends. The media is just :retard: anyways, I know and all of you know Andy won't stand for any Novak antics and he'll be quick to get the crowd on his side/booing Novak for anything...
Yeah I don't get the instant "They are frosty to each other!" thing just because Andy decides to make a few jokes. These are the times where I think the press don't always get Andy's brand of humor.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #1419
country flag Deboogle!.

Some get it, Courier clearly got it. I think also, the media just wants some drama to write about, so they make it out even where it doesn't exist

Old 09-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #1420
country flag Oj-Ala

Oj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond reputeOj-Ala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
This Roddick match not being televised in my country. Darn.

Oh well, I'll get to see him in the semis then.
Same here They have been showing like every single match and now, they simply put NFL instead of this match ?? Silly...

Well yeah, I will watch Andy in semis and the final...
DEL POTROGASQUETKIEFERCLEMENTANDREEV...

"Im a great kisser" -Andy Roddick

Roger: YOU ARE GOLD !

Oj-Ala is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 AM   #1421
country flag Deboogle!.

Andy only has himself to blame for this one.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 AM   #1422
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he does, he had his chances at 5-4 and in the tb and blew them. I will keep the rest of my comments to myself

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:21 AM   #1423
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

A bizarre and disappointing match. Andy will have to be content with his one slam, that was his best chance of nabbing a second.

I'm gobsmacked by Novak's comments. He really took it personally what Andy said. I guess that helped fire him up. Andy could have used some firing up of his own but he choked it away in the end.

I like Novak. I'm not looking forward to hearing him get booed by the crowd throughout his match with Roger. Good news for Roger. For once the NYC crowd will be 100% behind him.

*goes to clean out this awful after taste in my mouth*
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #1424
country flag Deboogle!.

I'd rather cheer for a loser any day over something as classless as that. Andy's no angel on court and we all know that, but the day he even did anything like what Novak did tonight and I'd stop supporting him instantly. There's tactless and there's just flat out fucking disgusting and stupid. I was indifferent to Novak, but not anymore. Andy only has himself to blame for the result of the match, but Novak showed his true colors to me that's for sure.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:27 AM   #1425
country flag DragonFly

DragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond reputeDragonFly has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sick.

Why do I bother with sport, makes me depressed. Gutted. Absolutely gutted.