Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom". Recent Labadze clip - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #106
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #107
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Undiplomatic but I find it hard to dispute his points about womens tactics.
i did a level II pro tennis coaching course at Roehampton with a dude that wrote the first publication of a book of tactics for women's tennis...

full of good drills and stuff to improve a shot... very very handy... never ceases to make a 30 week program feel fresh...

suffice to say however, tactically... women's tennis revolves around one main factor...

1st strike...

that is essentially it...

and... the good thing about the manual is that it doesnt hide this fact but is open about it... its not hard to build a top 10 WTA player... and ATP top 200 player - different story - 17 instead of 1 dimension...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #108
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, this guy makes McEnroe look like a kid.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #109
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Does it mean your actions would make me yawn?
you are hot, saucy and completely out of control woman!!!

This Nathaliia is Good.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #110
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
i did a level II pro tennis coaching course at Roehampton with a dude that wrote the first publication of a book of tactics for women's tennis...

full of good drills and stuff to improve a shot... very very handy... never ceases to make a 30 week program feel fresh...

suffice to say however, tactically... women's tennis revolves around one main factor...

1st strike...

that is essentially it...

and... the good thing about the manual is that it doesnt hide this fact but is open about it... its not hard to build a top 10 WTA player... and ATP top 200 player - different story - 17 instead of 1 dimension...
I don't understand what changed - how we went from a Navratilova who serve-volleyed nearly every point as a fixed tactic but could mix it up and for whom understanding how to exploit weaknesses was a big part of her game, to Graf, who stayed back but understood how to work a point, gain the upper hand with rallying forehands and sliced backhands until the opening was created, then going big with the forehand into it, to current women players.

For the current women players it's largely about hitting big, hitting bigger than your opponent, and hitting big first. When both do it well it can be impressive but most of the time it just produces scrappy, ugly, UEfest tennis. With the decline of Mauresmo and the retirement of Henin I definitely find womens tennis inferior in terms of entertainment value compared to mens tennis by a long way.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #111
country flag fast_clay

Krajicek, Medvedev, Labadze, Tipsarevic and Gimmelstob for ATP / WTA Tour Relations.

The people deserve to know the truth.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #112
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Krajicek, Medvedev, Labadze, Tipsarevic and Gimmelstob for ATP / WTA Tour Relations.

There are others, well Marcelo Rios is another one who stated the obvious on this topic.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #113
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't understand what changed - how we went from a Navratilova who serve-volleyed nearly every point as a fixed tactic but could mix it up and for whom understanding how to exploit weaknesses was a big part of her game, to Graf, who stayed back but understood how to work a point, gain the upper hand with rallying forehands and sliced backhands until the opening was created, then going big with the forehand into it, to current women players.

For the current women players it's largely about hitting big, hitting bigger than your opponent, and hitting big first. When both do it well it can be impressive but most of the time it just produces scrappy, ugly, UEfest tennis. With the decline of Mauresmo and the retirement of Henin I definitely find womens tennis inferior in terms of entertainment value compared to mens tennis by a long way.

yeah... it kind of begs the question where does it go from here...? who can tell...

and... as the clasic MTF quip goes... who really gives two f**ks...?

for me, looking back... seles was the first high percentage 1st strike big hitter from the basline and within... i think coaches spotted that and went with it... but, no one has ever done it consistant ever match since her... but, with limited talent.. you can score a few rounds in a grand slam if you give 6 years of training to it...

one thing is for sure tho scoobs... someone who can rule the forecourt and control the power, like mauresmo, will dominate...

but... women are scared of the net... it is foreign and should be kept away from... there is also a fear of an open faced volley... such a thing only exists in doubles now...

like mens singles...

mug era... mens and womens...
Old 07-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #114
country flag fast_clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
There are others, well Marcelo Rios is another one who stated the obvious on this topic.
yes... my apologies... rios...

who could forget him... this guy should be running sh!t somewhere...

or least have a few buttons and levers to f*ck around with...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #115
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

This Labadze is quite a legend.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #116
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to say sorry to all the women presents in this board for all the laughing about those comments.......but really,it's hard to not laugh!
Labadze is a fucking legend
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #117
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Those people all deserve a fine for their stupid, immature and insulting comments about the WTA. Shame on them!
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #118
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Does it mean your actions would make me yawn?
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #119
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

people say shit when they're frustrated

but... most of the things said about wta tennis are true.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.

Last edited by finishingmove : 07-10-2008 at 11:38 AM.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #120
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Labadze is the "Caucasian pimp".

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote