General Timewasting Thread (Taking too long in between points) - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #166
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Channel commentators are obsessing with JMDP violating the time rule

Perhaps they are indeed setting up the table for other match discussions later in the week.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #167
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Channel commentators are obsessing with JMDP violating the time rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Don't get me wrong - I LIKE the guy - but rules should be enforced.

Suuuuuuure... You """LIKE""" the guy...
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #168
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

they are on the payroll of federer and Nike
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #169
country flag UsD.AnDreS

UsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan,yep.. but it's obvious that he's taking his time. With the walk,'toweling'(thank god he bounces the ball only couple of times) and the most disrupting - with challenges. Sometimes when I see him slowly walking to the net to see the mark I kind of mumble 'come on, do it already'..
Still not the most obvious guy with that habit but the rule enforcement would be great
UsD.AnDreS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #170
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the title is wrong btw- they were not pointing a finger just at Delpo but bringing up other players and their major point was that the umpires should do a better job. And they also discussed Fed's comments.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #171
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I think the title is wrong btw- they were not pointing a finger just at Delpo but bringing up other players and their major point was that the umpires should do a better job. And they also discussed Fed's comments.
Exactly.
And what is this silliness going on over here that one MAY NOT criticize a favourite player when he is obviously not abiding all of the rules?

Sorry, I do not do tardism.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #172
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Exactly.
And what is this silliness going on over here that one MAY NOT criticize a favourite player when he is obviously not abiding all of the rules?

Sorry, I do not do tardism.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #173
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

some commentators are total morons.

they are talking about ultra mega bankable global superstar athletes who are at the forefront of the sport and taking it new heights.

nod-djok and clay warrior are 2 in nearly 8 billion. when you can get to that level, you can do whatever the fuck you please. period. they are the lifeforce and lifeblood of the sport. they are pretty much within the limits. no crime is being committed.

only a total cluless, legless, and a spineless idiot would attribute their success to taking 2-5 extra seconds after a 20-25 shot rally.

these low level, moron mouth pieces who have these jobs as broadcasters are not worthy to run their mouths like that. they are trying to feed the hands that feed them for one thing.

you will never see high quality broadcasters run their mouths like that.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #174
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
They do,but that's about it.Next point they're back at ti,and nothing happens.
No, to Roger's comment in another thread, I've watched when, and the commentators have noted, Nadal has played entire matches at the Australian Open this year averaging 30 seconds between points(thus violating the time rule on almost every point) and did not receive a single warning.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #175
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

they are talking about ultra mega bankable global superstar athletes who are at the forefront of the sport and taking it new heights.

nod-djok and clay warrior are 2 in nearly 8 billion. when you can get to that level, you can do whatever the fuck you please. period. they are the lifeforce and lifeblood of the sport. they are pretty much within the limits. no crime is being committed.

only a total cluless, legless, and a spineless idiot would attribute their success to taking 2-5 extra seconds after a 20-25 shot rally.

these low level, moron mouth pieces who have these jobs as broadcasters are not worthy to run their mouths like that. they are trying to feed the hands that feed them for one thing.

You have lost me warrior. Since when should we all play favorites?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #176
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Negative General CD, this is a demented post.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #177
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

When I tuned into the match, I heard it, too. I was like "WTF?"
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #178
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry CD, but I can't agree with you here.
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #179
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

Who would dare to call time violation at every point to Nadal? They just let him have his way ..............
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #180
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
No yer making stuff up.

This is not a matter of opinion but of FACT.

There's this thing called.... erm... oyeah a fucking clock! Does delpo take longer than the prescribed amount? No? Then there's no beef.
You can't be serious. No, please tell you're not. Because if you are

Quote:

NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
Who would dare to call time violation at every point to Nadal? They just let him have his way ..............
Better yet, tell the umpire to "accidentally" drop his/her PDA on Nadull's bottles just after he gets off the chair to start a new game. See if that demonstrates he can move quickly when needed.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote