General Timewasting Thread (Taking too long in between points) - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #151
martinatreue

martinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tennis Channel commentators are obsessing with JMDP violating the time rule

They are saying that he is moving at a glacial pace and that he is AVERAGING 27 seconds between points on his serve. They both feel that Nadal is wrong to say that a chair umpire should use his discretion in deciding whether to enforce the rule depending upon the length of the previous point and how tiring it was. Both commentators said the rule is not subjective and that there is no reason to have a rule like that if it is not enforced. What do you guys think about this? Is it due to the slower surfaces causing longer rallies? Yesterday I saw Sharapova take about 50 seconds before serving when she was down break point after a point that was less than 5 shots. She wasn't fatigued one bit but was just taking forever. She did called for a time violation by Eva Asderaki though!
martinatreue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #152
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Channel commentators are obsessing with JMDP violating the time rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinatreue View Post
They are saying that he is moving at a glacial pace and that he is AVERAGING 27 seconds between points on his serve. They both feel that Nadal is wrong to say that a chair umpire should use his discretion in deciding whether to enforce the rule depending upon the length of the previous point and how tiring it was. Both commentators said the rule is not subjective and that there is no reason to have a rule like that if it is not enforced. What do you guys think about this? Is it due to the slower surfaces causing longer rallies? Yesterday I saw Sharapova take about 50 seconds before serving when she was down break point after a point that was less than 5 shots. She wasn't fatigued one bit but was just taking forever. She did called for a time violation by Eva Asderaki though!
What is your point about Maria- she violated the time rule and got called on it. The point is that Rafa and Djokovic can violate the rule every single point for an entire match, and never receive a warning.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #153
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Channel commentators are obsessing with JMDP violating the time rule

Quote:
See the other thread on GM about this ( Fed's comments). The rule needs to be enforced and umps are inconsistent on any given day, surface, who's playing, the temp etc etc. The rule is there and should be enforced. And I am a DelPo fan. Players would speed up if they were called on it. Maybe djoke would quit bouncing the ball so many times. Drives me crazy watching it; can you imagine how the other player feels?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #154
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

rules need to be changed, time should be longer, no one has the right to disrupt the goat from his royal rhythm.
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #155
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I heard their comment too (it was today) not sure why they pulled that crap out of their anus since there's NO evidence whatsoever that Delpo is a serial time violator.

He bounces the ball like what, three times on average?

Delpo actually serves both his first AND second serve both within 20 seconds (shorter than the amount it takes Nadal/Djoker/etc to serve once

Last edited by Raiden : 03-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #156
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
I heard their comment too (it was today) but I call it BS since there's NO evidence that Delpo is a serial time violator.

He bounces the ball like what, three times on average? That means Delpo actually has time to serve multiples of times in the same amount it takes Nadal/Djoker/etc to serve once
Uhm, sorry, but Del Potro does take his sweet time quite often.
It's not merely the ball-bouncing (which he doesn't), it's his very slow pace when walking back to the baseline to serve, when he makes a challenge, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I LIKE the guy - but rules should be enforced.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #157
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Uhm, sorry, but Del Potro does take his sweet time quite often.
It's not merely the ball-bouncing (which he doesn't), it's his very slow pace when walking back to the baseline to serve, when he makes a challenge, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I LIKE the guy - but rules should be enforced.
No yer making stuff up.

This is not a matter of opinion but of FACT.

There's this thing called.... erm... oyeah a fucking clock! Does delpo take longer than the prescribed amount? No? Then there's no beef.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #158
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No yer making stuff up.

This is not a matter of opinion but of FACT. There is a clock involved. And so far no one has played the clock showing Delpo taking more time than he should

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #159
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No yer making stuff up.

This is not a matter of opinion but of FACT. There is a clock involved. And so far no one has played the clock showing Delpo taking more time than he should
Wow.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #160
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No yer making stuff up.

There's this thing called.... erm... oheah a fucking clock!
OMG. Yeah, I'm making stuff up, sure.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #161
country flag Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
It's not merely the ball-bouncing (which he doesn't), it's his very slow pace when walking back to the baseline
Well if he doesn't bounce the ball much then he has lot more time to walk back to the baseline, duh!

Unless you are accusing him of taking a 30 second walk you have no case.

Oh and hawk eye complaining is unrelated matter. That's not a tennis rule but a fancy privilege luxury provided by a private electronics company
Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #162
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are saying that he is moving at a glacial pace and that he is AVERAGING 27 seconds between points on his serve.

27 is 2 seconds over the time limit. I'd say that's rather negligible tbh...
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #163
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No yer making stuff up.

There's this thing called.... erm... oyeah a fucking clock! Does delpo take longer than the prescribed amount? No? Then there's no beef.
don't know whether to or

Del Po takes too long. The comms shouldn't pick on just him though.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #164
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
What is your point about Maria- she violated the time rule and got called on it. The point is that Rafa and Djokovic can violate the rule every single point for an entire match, and never receive a warning.
They do,but that's about it.Next point they're back at ti,and nothing happens.
Noleta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #165
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

This is good. Commentators should really start addressing this. Hope they do it in all of the matches.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote