US hardcourt season 2008 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #61
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US hardcourt season 2008

Wow, just went to the scoreboard and saw that Arnaud is playing--and ahead one set!! I was confused until I saw here that he's the LL; how lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
wow, lucky b@stard! no it may not help him much, but he'll retain a few more ranking points, even if he loses first round.

i don't know... do family and partners stay with the athletes at the village? don't know how many he can bring

i may be able to help with accomodation if that's needed hehe

( who's that other frenchie that you're interested in, kezzi?)
I have heard that some tennis players don't stay in the village because they're too well-known.

Yes, who is that other frenchie??
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #62
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Llodra retired against Gasquet because of his shoulder. For Beijing I'm not very optimic about the dream of Arnaud to win a medal and for Micka since RG he is always injured, it musn't b funny for him.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #63
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope he won't be injured...in Beijing. He has to recover !!!!
Lose or withdraw cos of an injury is the worse thing which might happen to them.

Last minute: Arnaud just has won 7/6 6/7 6/3 against Johansson
His second chance have been useful, I love being wrong sometimes... lol
Gulbis next opponent... to avenge Micka (RG)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #64
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud won 7-6 / 6-7 / 6-3

He had some opportunities in the second set for exemple 3 break balls at 5-5 but lost it in the tie-break (5-7). Arnaud lost his serve at the beginning of the third but he won 4 games in a row to lead 4-1 he got even one ball for 5-1 but he finally won 6-3 in a set which he has totally dominated !
Old 07-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #65
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Lose or withdraw cos of an injury is the worse thing which might happen to them.
They want so much this medal and they'll maybe not play this tournament at their level (if they play) but that's tennis
Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #66
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
wow, lucky b@stard! no it may not help him much, but he'll retain a few more ranking points, even if he loses first round.

i don't know... do family and partners stay with the athletes at the village? don't know how many he can bring

i may be able to help with accomodation if that's needed hehe

( who's that other frenchie that you're interested in, kezzi?)
I also don't know, but I should recommend the Holland Heineken House to him. According to the newspapers in NL it is thé place to be at the Olympic Games Lots of parties, sometimes a performance of a musician and the Dutch royal family visits when they are there. Are there other countries which have such a thing at the Olympics? Don't even know if foreigners are allowed there, but I can't imagine why not

( a cute guy who works at the tourist office in Marseille
Note to all: I saw him first! )
Old 07-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #67
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
Wow, just went to the scoreboard and saw that Arnaud is playing--and ahead one set!! I was confused until I saw here that he's the LL; how lucky!

I have heard that some tennis players don't stay in the village because they're too well-known.

Yes, who is that other frenchie??
Pfff, why would they be too well-known?
Everyone there is well-known for the people that are interested in them

That answer is in my previous post
As I said, less famous than Bruno
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #68
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post

Last minute: Arnaud just has won 7/6 6/7 6/3 against Johansson
His second chance have been useful, I love being wrong sometimes... lol
Gulbis next opponent... to avenge Micka (RG)
Poor Mika!
Let's hope he recovers soon and they will get the chance at that medal!

Well done Arno! I love it too when you are wrong sometimes
Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #69
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 AM   #70
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

L'Equipe (today)

All is in title !

C’ÉTAIT ARNAUD « KARLOVIC » CLÉMENT ! – Si on nous avait dit qu’un jour on écrirait ça… Arnaud « Karlovic » Clément a frappé hier vingt-cinq aces pour avoir la peau de Thomas Johansson (7-6, 6-7, 6-3). « Je pense que je n’avais jamais servi autant d’aces dans un match de toute ma vie », supposait l’Aixois. Vérification faite, son intuition était la bonne. « Ce court no3 est tout petit et, visuellement, ça aide. C’est un court à aces. » Un court à combat, aussi. Breaké à 3-3 dans le premier set, Clément recolla. Mené 4-2 dans le tie-break qui suivit, il empila cinq points d’affilée. « J’étais très en jambes mais franchement, ce set-là, je ne dois jamais le gagner. Comme je n’aurais jamais dû perdre le deuxième. Johansson faisait n’importe quoi, il mettait des " brins " sur tout ce qui bougeait mais ça s’est bien goupillé pour lui. » Breaké d’entrée au dernier set, Clément, lucky loser ici, donna alors le dernier coup de rein qui eut raison de la dernière résistance suédoise, après 2 h 34’ de suées et d’aces à gogo. – F. Be.

In short, arnaud served ....25 aces yesterday, which is his record ! He said this court 3 is a "ace court" cos he's small and, geometrically, it's easier for eyes. He thinks he shoudn't have never won the first set but never lost the second set. lol

Guy Forget
Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #71
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute

Aranud, so close, 4-6 6-3 6-7 (5). He even had a few match points when serving at 5-4

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #72
country flag soulage

He lost 4-6 / 6-3 / 6-7 (5)

Arnaud got a match point on his serve at 5-4 in the third and in this set he got many occasions to break Gulbis especially at the beginning but he only did it at 4-4.

At 5-4 for him he was leading 30-00 but finally had to defend many break balls. He saved 2 or 3 but Gulbis came back to 5-5. Arnaud broke again to lead 6-5 but Gulbis broke back at 30-40 after a double fault of Arnaud.

In the tie-break, It was also close but Gulbis concluded on his serve 7-5.

Arnaud served two times for the match, that's so stupid, it was a winnable match
Old 07-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #73
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #74
country flag Cerise

Cerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond reputeCerise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He lost 4-6 / 6-3 / 6-7 (5)

Arnaud got a match point on his serve at 5-4 in the third and in this set he got many occasions to break Gulbis especially at the beginning but he only did it at 4-4.

At 5-4 for him he was leading 30-00 but finally had to defend many break balls. He saved 2 or 3 but Gulbis came back to 5-5. Arnaud broke again to lead 6-5 but Gulbis broke back at 30-40 after a double fault of Arnaud.

In the tie-break, It was also close but Gulbis concluded on his serve 7-5.

Arnaud served two times for the match, that's so stupid, it was a winnable match
Thanks
Cerise is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #75
country flag Marine

The kind of match (so many missed occasions) which make him nervous... I can imagine his behaviour on the court, and the post match comments

Now... Beijing ? I wonder when the french tennis players leave ?

Guy Forget