Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
country flag Fenz

Fenz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Help on choosing a new tennis racket

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
yeah or if you need the bigger head size the aero storm 300g or 320g if you can handle the weight

but i would recomend the lighter one fo ryou personally
Should i get the Babolat Pure Storm or Babolat Pure Storm Tour ? as the tour is cheaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #17
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
Should i get the Babolat Pure Storm or Babolat Pure Storm Tour ? as the tour is cheaper
you would be better off with the storm, the storm tour is probably too heavy for you
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #18
country flag Fenz

Right... I have tried the Babolat Pure Storm and Head microgel Radical. I found the Head way way to powerful and just didnt like the babolat at all :S
I am now deciding between the Wilson Nblade and Yonex RDS 001 mid or midplus. I cant find any of them in my local tennis shop to demo, but i have played with the Nblade once before and found it to be a stable decent racket.
Can anyone tell me about the Yonex RDS 001 mid or midplus as i have read lots of reviews and according to the reviewers would suit my style of play ( agressive baseline play ).
Thanks in advance again !
Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #19
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

from what you have described of your game there is no way you should even consider the rds 001 mid and i think the midplus is still too heavy for you
Old 07-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #20
country flag Fenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
from what you have described of your game there is no way you should even consider the rds 001 mid and i think the midplus is still too heavy for you
Hmmm ok so would the Wilson Nblade be a better choice or what about the Dunlop Aerogel 200 ?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmmm ok so would the Wilson Nblade be a better choice or what about the Dunlop Aerogel 200 ?
Aerogel 200 with Luxilon ALU power @ 60 lbs. or Gamma Asterik @ 59 lbs
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #22
country flag Fenz

If i didnt like the Babolat Pure storm (08), would the Babolat Pure Team be any better ?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #23
country flag jazar

Quote:
blade yes. aerogel 200 no way
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #24
country flag Fenz

I am now mainly thinking about the Tecnifibre 295, it has a good head size a decent weight any of you ever played with a technifibre racket, also should i have it strung at a hight tension or low tension ? atm there is a good deal on tennis nuts http://www.tennisnuts.com/ishop/677/shopscr5017.html
Old 07-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #25
country flag Fenz

*Update* I have brought a Dunlop Aerogel 200 16x19 string pattern. I chose this as i was trying to decide between the Aerogel 200 18x20 and the Aerogel 300 i looked at the specs and found this racket had a weight that was in the middle of the 200 and 300. i have brought one off Millet Sports, does anyone know how long it will take to come ?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #26
country flag Fenz

Exclamation Grrrrr....

Quote:
*Update* I have brought a Dunlop Aerogel 200 16x19 string pattern. I chose this as i was trying to decide between the Aerogel 200 18x20 and the Aerogel 300 i looked at the specs and found this racket had a weight that was in the middle of the 200 and 300. i have brought one off Millet Sports, does anyone know how long it will take to come ?
Grrrrr ! Millet Sports just sent me an email saying that they are having stock problems with dunlop and so they cannot complete my order ! So that means i have to choose a different racket as all Dunlops are out of stock now (even though it says they are all in stock on the website ! )
Anyway i need your help again Which racket should i go for ? Are Prince O3 Tours any good ?
Thanks again !
Fenz
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #27
country flag Fenz

Would the Head Microgel Extreme Pro be good for me ?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #28
country flag jazar

the microgel extreme pro would be much better for you than the aerogel 200.

if you are considering prince the best one would be the speedport black or speedport white pro
Old 07-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #29
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Fenz it seems between the racquets you liked was ALL THE RACQUETS EXISTING IN THE MARKET

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #30
country flag Fenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
OMG Fenz it seems between the racquets you liked was ALL THE RACQUETS EXISTING IN THE MARKET
Yeah i'm bad...
This is my final decision, Im trying to decide whether i should just keep my rackets :S lol and add some lead tape and get some new strings was thinking Tecnifibre pro red code, or maybe get a Head Flexpoint Prestige MP (because i like the Flexpoints , Maybe its a step up ?) or the Wilson Nblade.
Final Decsion ! need your help Pref tonight =D