Top Spin 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top Spin 3

Just a quick question. I bought Top Spin 3 today on the PS3 and I was just wondering if like Top Spin 2 there is a way to represent your country of choice ie. Davis Cup or World Team Cup?

An answer would be much appreciated.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Spin 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
Just a quick question. I bought Top Spin 3 today on the PS3 and I was just wondering if like Top Spin 2 there is a way to represent your country of choice ie. Davis Cup or World Team Cup?

An answer would be much appreciated.
No, nothing like that, as far as I know. I have it for the XBox.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats kinda gay

Another question does anyone know what the update from online playstation for top spin 3 did?
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
country flag Allegretto

Allegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond repute

You get to pick your custom player's nationality when you create him, so there may be some such tournaments once you get to the later stages of the career mode.
Allegretto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
Oh thats kinda gay

Another question does anyone know what the update from online playstation for top spin 3 did?
Added in the world tour mode for online, it didn't have it before for some reason.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I got this game yesterday fro the 360 and OMG the game is complete trash... Topspin 2 was sooo good wtf happened...
This game is so retarded the control is aweful... ahlf the time I am holding the button and trying to change direction of the ball and the guy just stands there posing... Returning serves is aweful... controlling serve is terrible....
What a waste of 60 bucks +tax....
Ph and when you play with your friends the game does not switch your positions at all... and i saw no options anywhere to change this. Basically if you are in the bottom of tv and your friend is on top it stays that way the entire match instead of switching your sides every odd game...

This is by far the worst tennis game I have played in a while. They focused so much on the graphics that the gameplay just isn't there at all.... the controls are terrible...

yea so anyway topspin 2 is 10 times better than this trash
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaFed2005 View Post
I got this game yesterday fro the 360 and OMG the game is complete trash... Topspin 2 was sooo good wtf happened...
This game is so retarded the control is aweful... ahlf the time I am holding the button and trying to change direction of the ball and the guy just stands there posing... Returning serves is aweful... controlling serve is terrible....
What a waste of 60 bucks +tax....
Ph and when you play with your friends the game does not switch your positions at all... and i saw no options anywhere to change this. Basically if you are in the bottom of tv and your friend is on top it stays that way the entire match instead of switching your sides every odd game...

This is by far the worst tennis game I have played in a while. They focused so much on the graphics that the gameplay just isn't there at all.... the controls are terrible...

yea so anyway topspin 2 is 10 times better than this trash
You've only played it for one day. It takes time to get used to it. The top players know how to play the game. Once you get the controls down, it's great. Juts because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean the game is trash. If you don't have any patience, you won't get anything out of the game. One day is nowhere near long enough.

It's supposed to be a sim, not an arcade game. If you want an easy pickup and play game, go buy something easier.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
country flag groundstroke

groundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic: is the game any good?
groundstroke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundstroke View Post
Off topic: is the game any good?
It is, yeah. It takes time to get used to it, though. It's not arcadey at all. If you bear with it, you'll like it. I still prefer Virtua Tennis 3, though.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The game is excellent, the only real letdown is the poor animations, particularly for the forehand side.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
The game is excellent, the only real letdown is the poor animations, particularly for the forehand side.
And not enough emphasis on net play. It's far easier to grind from the back of the court. Slightly unbalanced.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #12
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
And not enough emphasis on net play. It's far easier to grind from the back of the court. Slightly unbalanced.
Which matches modern day tennis unfortunately.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
country flag Gonzalez88

Gonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond reputeGonzalez88 has a reputation beyond repute

This game is SUPER!!!
KEI NISHIKORI
Kohlschreiber, Nieminen, Wawrinka, Monaco, Melzer

Players Retired:
Fernando GONZALEZ
Guillermo CORIA
Carlos MOYA
El Aynaoui, Sampras, Nalbandian, Kuerten, Safin
Gonzalez88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #14
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone able to hit a decent drop shot?

Everyone I hit gets dumped into the net
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #15
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Is anyone able to hit a decent drop shot?

Everyone I hit gets dumped into the net
It's all about perfect placement and timing Adam if either of them is not perfect then it ends into the net or mid-court...
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote