Periodization Planning? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
country flag Laba

Laba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Periodization Planning?

Alrighty, so I've been studying fitness and sport for the last year and a half at college and I'm the final week of this current semester to earn a Diploma of Sport (Athletes Support). I don't know if any of you have done any such study before but if any of you currently coach or have coached, you could be of assistance. For my major assignment, and it revolves around one single tennis athlete for me.

I must;

- Profile the athlete
- Profile the sport
- Assess the athlete
And a bunch of other stuff... but what I am having difficult the most with is;

Writing a periodized plan.

A yearly plan is required spawning across twelve months, with tournament/competition schedule included and how long the training phases will last with what kind of details/specifics to them such as developing speed, strength, base conditioning, etc.

The four phases are; Preparation, Specific Preparation, Pre-Competition, Competition and then an extra fifth is Transition.

Okay... does anybody know what I'm talking about? And if so, whether you're an athlete who follows one or a coach who implemented one.... can you help a brother out?

The overall assignment is due in six days, and I've been doing bits and pieces around the periodization section which then goes off into breaking down the macrocyle following by giving details about specific training, microcycle summaries and more along there such as Heart Rate Intensities for various tennis training which I'm also not sure about.

Cheers in advance.
Laba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
country flag Laba

Laba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Periodization Planning?

No one?
Laba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote