Topspin 3 - Anyone got it? Thoughts? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #31
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Topspin 3 - Anyone got it? Thoughts?

When will this game be coming out on the Super Nintendo?
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #32
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Fuck this game is hard. I can't serve hard at all, every single risk serve I try goes out.
It'll come, give it a few days.

One of the worst things in the game is the crowd noise, ridiculously unrealistic.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #33
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Adam, what is your PSN id? Mine is "roofelme"

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #34
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Adam, what is your PSN id? Mine is "roofelme"
Oooh you bought it for the PS3? Because it had Nadal?

I'm adeegee

I'm a bit confused how to set up matches against friends though, I tried the other day against a friend of mine and by the time he tried to join the match I'd created, someone else had joined and there was no way to kick them out
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #35
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, spent the whole night playing this game. It has potential, but the movement is just downright poor. Feels so clunky and it is ridiculously easy to get wrong footed. They've overcomplicated it by makine you press an extra button to run faster to the middle of the court or to the net. Some of the animations are embarressing for a game with "intricately detailed player animations" written on the back of the box.

The game's learning curve is really steep but I can see it being a decent game once you get used to it. The volleying mechanics still suck in my mind, and the fact that its still difficult to hit off forehands gets my goat big time. On the plus side, the AI is much better and doesn't do stupid shit all the time like in the previous 2. I'll keep plugging away and report back.

PS I did get the PS3 version for Rafa, considering that was the only difference might as well get the superior verison

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:33 AM   #36
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay, spent the whole night playing this game. It has potential, but the movement is just downright poor. Feels so clunky and it is ridiculously easy to get wrong footed. They've overcomplicated it by makine you press an extra button to run faster to the middle of the court or to the net. Some of the animations are embarressing for a game with "intricately detailed player animations" written on the back of the box.

The game's learning curve is really steep but I can see it being a decent game once you get used to it. The volleying mechanics still suck in my mind, and the fact that its still difficult to hit off forehands gets my goat big time. On the plus side, the AI is much better and doesn't do stupid shit all the time like in the previous 2. I'll keep plugging away and report back.

PS I did get the PS3 version for Rafa, considering that was the only difference might as well get the superior verison
The movement feels like that until you start taking advantage of the lock-on by powering up your shot well in advance (as I mentioned in my previous post). The button for running back to the center of the court is not necessary or even useful once you get used to locking on to the ball and letting the game assist you in getting there in time. It's actually really fluid and I almost never get wrong footed now.
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #37
country flag Tnn74

Tnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
The movement feels like that until you start taking advantage of the lock-on by powering up your shot well in advance (as I mentioned in my previous post). The button for running back to the center of the court is not necessary or even useful once you get used to locking on to the ball and letting the game assist you in getting there in time. It's actually really fluid and I almost never get wrong footed now.
I'm having the worst time tailoring to this lock-on function...
it is ridiculously difficult... by holding on to the button for
such a long time, I almost could never return the ball... my character
just completely lets the ball pass him... and for some insane reason I
suck badly on the far side of the net every time we changeover...
and most of the time when you attempt the risk shots, it always ends
up as an error (especially playing with Nalbandian considering his angles),
maybe I need more time with it.. but it could get frustrating

>>PHENOMENADAL.COM
-Rafael Nadal Fansite! A Fresh Look.

-Still Slammin' for SAFIN. Forever.

Ferrero . Robredo . Nalbandian

I don't like Federer or Djokovic.
Tnn74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #38
country flag Tnn74

Tnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond reputeTnn74 has a reputation beyond repute

And the fact that Rafa is only on the PS3 version is absolutely rubbish!
does anyone know as to why he isn't on the version for 360...?

>>PHENOMENADAL.COM
-Rafael Nadal Fansite! A Fresh Look.

-Still Slammin' for SAFIN. Forever.

Ferrero . Robredo . Nalbandian

I don't like Federer or Djokovic.
Tnn74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #39
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

I find it so lame to have a player in exclusivity of one version... Anyway I play with Nalbandian so I don't care but it sucks.

This being said the game is really good, better than VT3 !
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #40
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond reputewales1994 has a reputation beyond repute

It's so hard i cant time the ball when playing big serves so they go out
And when i try to play a winning flat shot X + R2 it always oes into the net.
And the footwork is really hard.
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #41
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

I think the game is great, with an excellent risk shot system.

Xbox360 handle is "Oxygene13"

Call me!