Wimbledon 2008 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Last year there were five courts ripped from the BBC for free on Channelsurfing, not sure if it will be there this year since they've switched to Flash I think. Anyway, I've already paid for Wimbledon coverage on the official site. Best live streaming service there is - you can also watch/download any match you want after it's over, totally worth it. I wish all Grand Slams did the same, but three years after Wimbledon started it and they still haven't. The Australian Open attempted it, but only made it available to like two obscure countries.

I just hope there aren't any technical problems on my end, because I get a lot of live streaming problems often in WMP.
Good for you. 8 courts - too much, I wouldn't have know what to watch. I would be satisfied even with 3.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #17
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN360 is working for me right now, but I am not sure if it will work on Monday.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #18
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Dancevic and Baggy again?? The draw actually is much better than I thought before not many lately hot unseeded players like Gulbis in his quarter. Baggy didn't play a lot matches lately. If he can reach the 4th round, maybe more likely will play against Karlovic. Since he lost to Chardy in 2nd round of RG, I'd better for any prediction.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #19
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
It won't make Centre court of course, but I have a nasty feeling that they'll put in on Court 1. I'd hate it if that was to happen.
Is that very difficult to buy the tickets for the three show courts in Wimbledon? I feel it's comparently easy to buy a ticket for AO show courts. You even can get a ticket for Rod Laver the day before the match, of course not all the center-court matches but still much easier than I originally expected. But seems RG is very difficult, especially you have to apply for it many days in advance and have to get the tickets by lottery.

looking forwarding to the live reports

Last edited by novanora : 06-20-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #20
country flag novanora

Quote:
Last year there were five courts ripped from the BBC for free on Channelsurfing, not sure if it will be there this year since they've switched to Flash I think. Anyway, I've already paid for Wimbledon coverage on the official site. Best live streaming service there is - you can also watch/download any match you want after it's over, totally worth it. I wish all Grand Slams did the same, but three years after Wimbledon started it and they still haven't. The Australian Open attempted it, but only made it available to like two obscure countries.

I just hope there aren't any technical problems on my end, because I get a lot of live streaming problems often in WMP.
Wow, that's very appealing for the wide choice i never tried this coz i am not sure if the stream can work well here. I heard that Australia actually can get very decent televised broadcast of Wimbledon, no? but of course will cover all televised courts.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #21
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

If only I could get Wimbledon Live! Worked fine for me last year. But this time around - no live stream for Germany. Pay TV station bought all the rights. Internet as well. But they're not streaming anything until the semis...
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #22
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
If only I could get Wimbledon Live! Worked fine for me last year. But this time around - no live stream for Germany. Pay TV station bought all the rights. Internet as well. But they're not streaming anything until the semis...
Yeah, I hate that - television networks showing much less than the live streams offer but buying all the rights so you don't have access to anything. Especially annoying when you're already supporting that network so it feels like you should be able to have both! I was amused when the networks here even bought the rights to highlights so that Australians couldn't watch the highlights on the Australian Open website. They're only highlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
Wow, that's very appealing for the wide choice i never tried this coz i am not sure if the stream can work well here. I heard that Australia actually can get very decent televised broadcast of Wimbledon, no? but of course will cover all televised courts.
Yeah, coverage of Wimbledon is better in Australia compared to the French Open and US Open. One free-to-air channel and one pay TV channel.

Quote:
Dancevic and Baggy again?? The draw actually is much better than I thought before not many lately hot unseeded players like Gulbis in his quarter. Baggy didn't play a lot matches lately. If he can reach the 4th round, maybe more likely will play against Karlovic. Since he lost to Chardy in 2nd round of RG, I'd better for any prediction.
Yeah, when I saw it I thought it looked like last year's draw also. Karlovic has a terrible GS record and is something like 0-8 in five set matches won/lost - I would definitely prefer him to Baghdatis. Personally I think Baghdatis will be a difficult opponent if he gets that far and gets some matches under his belt. I think Lopez can be a tricky opponent also but can play quite poorly sometimes.

Quote:
Is that very difficult to buy the tickets for the three show courts in Wimbledon? I feel it's comparently easy to buy a ticket for AO show courts. You even can get a ticket for Rod Laver the day before the match, of course not all the center-court matches but still much easier than I originally expected. But seems RG is very difficult, especially you have to apply for it many days in advance and have to get the tickets by lottery.

Interesting, can you get good seats for Rod Laver Arena if you buy them late?

Last edited by krystlel : 06-21-2008 at 03:55 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #23
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes you have to enter a public ballot if you want show court tickets for Wimbledon. I couldn't be bothered with that and most of the players I'm interested in seeing usually play on the outside courts anyway. I've heard thar RG is even more of a nightmare to get tickets for than Wimbledon, though I could be wrong there.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #24
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Nalby is challenged from the get-go...let's hope he can fly under the radar and perform as great as he usually does when he is not the favorite. Vamos David!!
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:49 AM   #25
country flag novanora

Quote:
Yeah, when I saw it I thought it looked like last year's draw also. Karlovic has a terrible GS record and is something like 0-8 in five set matches won/lost - I would definitely prefer him to Baghdatis. Personally I think Baghdatis will be a difficult opponent if he gets that far and gets some matches under his belt. I think Lopez can be a tricky opponent also but can play quite poorly sometimes.
Yep, if it's a GS five sets match, it does favor Baggy, remember that Karlovic had very good grass results before Wimbledon last year, but lost to Santoro by 5 sets in the 1st round of the following Wimbledon Lopez can be a big threat on grass/in-door hard if he plays very well.

Quote:
Interesting, can you get good seats for Rod Laver Arena if you buy them late?
Nope, i don't think so, and it really depends on which match. Like 2nd round this year Baggy vs Safin, my friends were waiting for the tickets for the whole day, but no luck coz this match was really hot thinking both players had a lot of fans in Mel.

I am a bit more luckier. It's almost no problem to get the tickets for Vodafone even the day before the match, and once I really got very good seat there. When they informed David's match against Ferrero had to be delayed because of the rain, and was re-scheduled to Rod Laver the next day instead of MC, it was almost 3-4P.M., and normally it's very hard to buy a ticket, but I was lucky enough to get the ticket on internet ticket system two hours later, and I checked it in the evening, it showed there were still some tickets left, but all were upper seats, not very good vue. And I've once got one Rod Laver ticket for the night session the day before the match as well

So if you want to buy the tickets for Rod Laver the day before match, don't queue for the ticket office, try the offical ticket system on internet.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:56 AM   #26
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Yes you have to enter a public ballot if you want show court tickets for Wimbledon. I couldn't be bothered with that and most of the players I'm interested in seeing usually play on the outside courts anyway. I've heard thar RG is even more of a nightmare to get tickets for than Wimbledon, though I could be wrong there.
Yes, RG tortured a lot, they said it will spend you couple of hours even you only want to buy a ground-pass. So it's better to book all the tickets in advance before you go One of my friends once wanted only to watch Guga's final doubles match with Grosjean this year, and she pretty thought it wouldn't be any problem to buy the ticket at court because the match was on an outside court, but she queued like for over 4 hours, and didn't get the ticket even after the match was over......
Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 AM   #27
country flag novanora

OOP today....the last match in Court 1

can ground pass allow you to watch the match in Court 1? or you have to buy additional ticket?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:50 AM   #28
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

HeretiC..

Could you help me with the live streams? Does ESPN 360 require a pr0xy? ANd how many courts does it cover?

Also, I think BBC always has about 5 streams from their website, but a UK pr0xy is needed for oustiders.

Can anyone confirm?
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #29
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OOP today....the last match in Court 1

can ground pass allow you to watch the match in Court 1? or you have to buy additional ticket?

No. You have to buy a ticket for Court 1 which are hard to come by.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #30
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88 View Post
No. You have to buy a ticket for Court 1 which are hard to come by.
Thanks Gooner When you gonna go to Wimbledon this week?

Karlovic lost in the 1st round....AGAIN!