Wimbledon 2008 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wimbledon 2008

The draw is out. It looks like this:

[10] Baghdatis vs Darcis
Johansson vs Spadea
Bellucci vs Kunitsyn
[Q] Stadler vs [18] Karlovic
[31] Lopez vs Dabul
Karanusic vs Horna
Volandri vs Reynolds
[WC] Dancevic vs [7] Nalbandian

Got some tricky grasscourt players in the draw early on (Dancevic, Lopez), it certainly could have turned out easier but it's not necessarily troublesome. Could have got an easier first round - Dancevic won a grasscourt challenger event recently I think, but at least the matchup should favour him. Lopez, of course has done well at Wimbledon in recent years.

I won't say much about a potential 4th round encounter, because I think that if that happens, opinions will have changed as to the form of the respective players especially since Baghdatis hasn't played much either, not to mention that it is ages away. Although I do remember the drubbing that Baghdatis handed him last year at this same tournament.

Last edited by krystlel : 06-20-2008 at 11:03 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon 2008

It was very nice of the organisers to draw my 2 favourite players against each other in the 1st round . That could be fun
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
It was very nice of the organisers to draw my 2 favourite players against each other in the 1st round . That could be fun
I knew you'd like that. Are you going to attend on that day?

I hope you write a blog, because your report last year was awesome.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
I knew you'd like that. Are you going to attend on that day?

I hope you write a blog, because your report last year was awesome.
I'll be definately be going to Wimbledon next Monday now. I'd like to think that they won't put the match on one of the 2 showcourts so that I'll get to watch it with an outside court groundpass.
Yeah I'll try to write a blog again this year as well, but I've lost my camera so unless my girlfriend lets me borrow hers I won't be able to take any pictures.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

1. Dancevic
2. Volandri, Reynolds
3. Lopez,Dabul, Karanusic, Horna
4. Baghdatis, Darcis, Johansson, Spadea, Bellucci, Kunitsyn,[Q] Stadler, Karlovic
QF: Djokovic
SF: Federer, Hewitt
F: Nadal, Roddick

Well, QF would be great achievement. Could have been easier, but than again could have been worse.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
country flag krystlel

Quote:
I'll be definately be going to Wimbledon next Monday now. I'd like to think that they won't put the match on one of the 2 showcourts so that I'll get to watch it with an outside court groundpass.
Yeah I'll try to write a blog again this year as well, but I've lost my camera so unless my girlfriend lets me borrow hers I won't be able to take any pictures.
Aren't there three showcourts, courts that you can't get in with a grounds pass? I find that annoying, two is enough!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Aren't there three showcourts, courts that you can't get in with a grounds pass? I find that annoying, two is enough!
The groundpass gives you access to the standing areas in Court 2 (which are always very full) as well as the outside courts, so if the match is scheduled for that court 2, I might be able to watch it, although I'll have to get there early.
Last year when David was lower ranked all 3 of his matches at Wimbledon took place on the outside courts which suited me a lot better.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
country flag krystlel

Quote:
The groundpass gives you access to the standing areas in Court 2 (which are always very full) as well as the outside courts, so if the match is scheduled for that court 2, I might be able to watch it, although I'll have to get there early.
Last year when David was lower ranked all 3 of his matches at Wimbledon took place on the outside courts which suited me a lot better.
Yeah I know because he didn't even manage to get one of the NINE televised courts on Wimbledon Live in any of his rounds, which started to annoy me more and more with each round. Which was a bit ridiculous, it was like they looked at his ranking and nothing else. Then seeing players like Wayne Arthurs (playing against De Bakker and Robredo) on my TV screen on a televised court was frustrating.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 day playing: Federer, Djokovic, Hewitt, Ferrer + Girls - if there are 3 show courts I think he has a good chance of playing on some of those (being a 7th seed). That would be bad news for you. I hope at least that he will be on some of the televised courts.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Yeah I know because he didn't even manage to get one of the NINE televised courts on Wimbledon Live in any of his rounds, which started to annoy me more and more with each round. Which was a bit ridiculous, it was like they looked at his ranking and nothing else. It's not like they have a bunch of home players either.
His 3rd match round against Baghdatis, where both players had a good track records at the tournament in previous years, not being held on a televised court was outrageous. Although considering the humiliating scoreline for David, maybe that turned out to be a good thing for us lot .
Old 06-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
1 day playing: Federer, Djokovic, Hewitt, Ferrer + Girls - if there are 3 show courts I think he has a good chance of playing on some of those (being a 7th seed). That would be bad news for you. I hope at least that he will be on some of the televised courts.
There are a large number of televised courts, eight... I would like to think that the organisers won't be so stupid this time.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
country flag krystlel

Quote:
His 3rd match round against Baghdatis, where both players had a good track records at the tournament in previous years, not being held on a televised court was outrageous. Although considering the humiliating scoreline for David, maybe that turned out to be a good thing for us lot .
Yes, while Bjorkman v Arthurs got to play on a televised court (and a bigger court).
Old 06-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #13
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
It won't make Centre court of course, but I have a nasty feeling that they'll put in on Court 1. I'd hate it if that was to happen.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #14
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
There are a large number of televised courts, eight... I would like to think that the organisers won't be so stupid this time.
We had great streams for AO 2008 with ESPN360, descent for RG with TTC, but I am not sure if we can find such for Wimby.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #15
country flag krystlel

Quote:
We had great streams for AO 2008 with ESPN360, descent for RG with TTC, but I am not sure if we can find such for Wimby.
Last year there were five courts ripped from the BBC for free on Channelsurfing, not sure if it will be there this year since they've switched to Flash I think. Anyway, I've already paid for Wimbledon coverage on the official site. Best live streaming service there is - you can also watch/download any match you want after it's over, totally worth it. I wish all Grand Slams did the same, but three years after Wimbledon started it and they still haven't. The Australian Open attempted it, but only made it available to like two obscure countries.

I just hope there aren't any technical problems on my end, because I get a lot of live streaming problems often in WMP.